What did you watch last night?

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: What did you watch last night?

Post by Puff Daddy »

Ghislaine Maxwell, Prince Andrew and The Paedophile, ITV 9:00 pm. ITV'S Ranvir Singh, did a magnificent job in unravelling how Maxwell, an entitled socialite and daughter of a billionaire herself, sank into shame and disgrace
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:18 am Ghislaine Maxwell, Prince Andrew and The Paedophile, ITV 9:00 pm. ITV'S Ranvir Singh, did a magnificent job in unravelling how Maxwell, an entitled socialite and daughter of a billionaire herself, sank into shame and disgrace
I thought she was an awful reporter who seemed to want to make it all about her, whether that was talking about her own childhood or leaning nonchalantly against a wall while doing her piece to camera.
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

S-H wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:03 am How about a What are you going to watch tonight thread?

And a What are you going to watch tomorrow night thread, etc.
:grin:

I'm looking forward to watching..................... again next Christmas thread.

Last Night. BBC. Holby City.
They've finished filming it now, :furrow: I blame Dorries
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Metal Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:31 am I thought she was an awful reporter who seemed to want to make it all about her, whether that was talking about her own childhood or leaning nonchalantly against a wall while doing her piece to camera.
I started to watch this until the early revelation that Ranvir Singh was to include her own experiences, which, dreadful though they may be, wasn't what I had tuned in for.

Swapped to C4 24 Hours in A&E instead.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Afterlife season 3.

A TV show has not moved me like that for years. It borders various genres, which is what I think I really loved about the show.

The season in general felt a little overdone in places, maybe slightly try-hard, but ultimately it was still fantastic television with some great moments and even better characters.

The final episode was perfect. Truly perfect, with Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now fitting with the final scenes like it was made for the show.

Afterlife is Gervais' best work. The man is a genius.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Denzil wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:31 am Afterlife season 3.

The final episode was perfect. Truly perfect, with Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now fitting with the final scenes like it was made for the show.
Spot on Denzil. I was trying to keep it together and my missus was misty eyed too. Excellent TV.
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

Shallow Grave

Which interestingly made me find this

WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Hitler's Last Stand - The defence of the Three Crosses Bridges. An American infantry divison takes on a whole German SS tank battle group. It wasn't pretty and it wasn't nice, but the Americans managed (just) to make a fighting retreat and blow the bridge. The Germans had to make a detour and eventually run out of fuel. Lots of examples of Americans staying behind in a suicidal rearguard action so that their mates would live.

Hitlers Records; - After WW2 ended groups of soldiers went to every concentration camp and took all the meticulous records the Germans had kept relating to the prisoners they incarcerated. These records detail everything: who came in/who was killed, who had lice and even how big the lice were on individuals etc etc.

The people who obtained these records built a purpose built record keeping facility to contain them all and they have been kept locked for decades until fairly recently- can you guess how long the building they built that contained the records is? Answer at the end of the page.

A doccu team went down there and then traced down people who were still alive and recorded in said books, and then took them to the facility. These ex prisoners scanned the books and then related stories of what happened to them and the people in the books they knew,

It was heartbreaking, hghly emotion and tearful. Some of the stories were so visceral and tough to listen to.There is one bit where a reporter takes an old jewish man there, flick opens a book and says "Your name is here. Your number is.." and before the reporter can continue the man goes "A 83 39 24" the rolls up his sleve and shows him the same number tattooed on his arm.

"I'll never forget that number" says the man. He tells a story;" Down the side of every Barracks was a big, deep trough dug. This is where we we had to relieve ouselves. If you were ill or really weak, the guards would take you and throw you in the trough, where you would drown and die. And we still had to relieve ourselves while they were dead/dying."

Amazing TV and a must watch.

Answer: 16 (sixteen) Miles long to contain every record from evey camp.

Suicide Squad (2021) - An enjoyable romp which was not as bad as I feared. Cena makes a decent fist of it, Idris breezes through it and it was fun watch. My only gripe was that the superheros really didn't use ther superpowers at all, and when they did they didn't use them that well.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Mrs Eggs has tried introducing me to this hospital drama Grey's Anatomy.

Its easily the biggest pile steamed dogs excrement I've ever had the misfortune to watch. Apparently it's been running for years! :shocker:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Finished After Life, missus and I disagree on ending, she reckons he is off to top himself and I reckon it's just that he has a new purpose/meaning of life, but everyone eventually dies. Anyways, glad I watched it, the last 4 episodes, although at times a little OTT with some of the characters I loved it like the first 2 series - Cracking bit of TV overall.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:31 am Mrs Eggs has tried introducing me to this hospital drama Grey's Anatomy.

Its easily the biggest pile steamed dogs excrement I've ever had the misfortune to watch. Apparently it's been running for years! :shocker:
My ex-misses seems to watch this (and a spin off 'Private Practice') on a loop. It is the only thing on the TV when I collect/drop off our daughter. I think there are 18 seasons of it now!

I started Gotham on Netflix - Never watch this before beyond half of season 1. Binged 18 episodes over 12 hours whilst in front of the PC farming rare mounts in WoW and doing some online training. Enjoying it so far.
Last edited by wolf359 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Just finished Hellbound which was entertaining enough - I've now moved straight on to another South Korean series 'The Silent Sea' (my 9th korean series from netflix). First episode was alright although I notice the series hasn't been quite as well reviewed as many of the other Korean TV series's I've watched. I'll see how it goes.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Finished Yellowjackets which I think I have posted about. If not, it is a cross between Lost, Stranger Things, Twin Peaks and Lord of the Flies. It is from the makers of Narcos, I think, although distinctly different shows. I believe it is on Sky Atlantic/NowTV. I loved it.
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Peacemaker.

John Cena as the titular character...I kinda like him in this, and as much as it's 'paint by numbers' super/anti hero fare, it kinda works well.

Book of Boba Fett.

Caught up with this. I'm finding it a little slow paced, and the flashbacks aren't really adding much to it for me. I'll stick with it though...and hope it becomes as good as The Mandalorian eventually
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

'Winterwatch'. Chris Packham's step-daughter is a very attractive lady.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:30 am Finished After Life, missus and I disagree on ending, she reckons he is off to top himself and I reckon it's just that he has a new purpose/meaning of life, but everyone eventually dies.
FFS, SPOILER ALERT!
westham,eggyandchips

wolf359 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:43 am My ex-misses seems to watch this (and a spin off 'Private Practice') on a loop. It is the only thing on the TV when I collect/drop off our daughter. I think there are 18 seasons of it now!

Say it isnt so...... a ****ing spin-off!?

:shock:
westham,eggyandchips

Samba wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:47 pm 'Winterwatch'. Chris Packham's step-daughter is a very attractive lady.
I see what you did there you scoundrel. :winker:
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Denzil wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:31 am Afterlife is Gervais' best work. The man is a genius.
Afterlife, The Office, Derek and Extras. What a body of work that is. Comes across as a great bloke too.
Samba

Post by Samba »

'Question Time' from Scotchland... Bodger getting roasted..