The new kits thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Re: The new kits thread

Post by bonzosbeard »

3hammers wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:09 pm Something like that then?
I desperately wanted one of those in x large. And I've not had a club shirt in 30 yrs
3hammers
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by 3hammers »

It's up there as one of our best ever shirts in my opinion
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Heart of Midlothian 2022-23 Umbro Away Kit
Partick Thistle 2022-23 O'Neills Away Kit
Bradford City 2022-23 Macron Home Kit
Cambridge United 2022-23 Hummel Away Kit
Swansea City 2022-23 Joma Home Kit
Swansea City 2022-23 Joma Away Kit
Kilmarnock FC 2022-23 Hummel Third Kit
PSV 2022-23 Puma Away Kit Holland
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1994 likes
Total likes: 4746 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

cockney hammer wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:45 pm any news on the away shirt
I think they'll announce it on Monday along with Aguerd.
Redlamp
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Redlamp »

How do I upload an image if it is on my hard drive and i dont have a URL for it?

Any help appreciated?
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I’m liking the Swansea away one. Most of my Welsh family are Jacks.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Up the Junction wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:40 am
Looks like it's got pickle down the front of it.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

I think the Hearts shirt is really nice.
Redlamp

Post by Redlamp »

hornsey wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:27 pm I'd really like to see a proper white kit
with just a hint of Claret and blue **** on it for the away.
For the love of god just one year being understated :crylol: :scarfer:
I've recently joined the many knocking up concept kits, and one of the first I did was exactly that, a white kit, with Claret and Blue bits. Apologies its just a link, for the life of me I cant work out how to post the pic from my hard drive. I know these concepts do nothing but make you wish Umbro would take a look at what the fans would really like compared with the filth they produce some seasons (this season especially), so seeing that Umbro have tried to do something with our colours apart from just claret body and blue arms, I've knocked up loads of alternatives, if someone could just tell me how I post these directly into the thread so the image shows up instead of the link i'd be very very grateful and i'll post them up.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/u4KT_ ... authuser=0
StoneHammer
Has liked: 88 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by StoneHammer »

Redlamp wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:59 pm I've recently joined the many knocking up concept kits, and one of the first I did was exactly that, a white kit, with Claret and Blue bits. Apologies its just a link, for the life of me I cant work out how to post the pic from my hard drive. I know these concepts do nothing but make you wish Umbro would take a look at what the fans would really like compared with the filth they produce some seasons (this season especially), so seeing that Umbro have tried to do something with our colours apart from just claret body and blue arms, I've knocked up loads of alternatives, if someone could just tell me how I post these directly into the thread so the image shows up instead of the link i'd be very very grateful and i'll post them up.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/u4KT_ ... authuser=0
You just have to use a hosting site like imageshack or flickr or something. Tinypic used to be the go to site but they unfortunately shut it down.
Bradfordpaul
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Bradfordpaul »

Whitters wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:41 pm I'd normally agree with you, but at least it means we'll only have to put up with this kit for 12 months
The 'tyre-track' sleeves on the new shirt are a mess. And seriously, if you have to explain to us in detail what the shirt is about, then the whole thing must be too complex. Football shirts should speak for themselves. After all it's a piece of sportswear, not an exhibit from the Tate Modern. As a fully paid up old fart, I won't be buying it on the grounds of taste and expense. Apart from which, I already have a 1964 Cup Final shirt of the classic design; one that will never - in my opinion - go out of fashion :crest:
Cornelius Beal
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Cornelius Beal »

AnthraxDave wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:46 pm That York City shirt is outstanding.
Very tasty. A nod to the chocolate making history in York ( in case anyone hadn't made the chocolate colour connection.) Terry's and Rowntree's big in the city once.
Redlamp

Post by Redlamp »

Swansea away has nicked our crappy graffiti arms idea
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Redlamp wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:44 pm Swansea away has nicked our crappy graffiti arms idea
It’s nicked from a late 80’s / 90’s Swans away jersey.
Redlamp

Post by Redlamp »

With the utter mess that is the new home shirt, ive done a few concept kits that try to show you can make the odd West Ham kit that doesnt just use the traditional claret body with blue sleeves, a few away and 3rd kits in here too. Before that though, id like to review Umbro's output over the last, what has it been, 7 seasons...especially as I heard their deal might be coming to an end soon, which would be a shame apart from a few blips they have done ok.

15/16 The season we left Upton Park - Amazing home kit, nice two tone blue with claret hoop away but a very boring black/blue 3rd kit
16/17 - Home kit was ok, added a blue stripe down the side and changed the collar, boring white with blue trim away, but, Umbro produced a dark blue Thames Iron works kit that for me was the best thing they have made for us, just a shame we only wore it pre season. It was to be allowed to be worn in the cup but we got knocked out before we could wear it. It was made like the old England 'Tailored by' range, look and material felt like a polo shirt, not a plastic football shirt, and the same colour sponsor just topped it all off, great shirt for me.
17/18 - Very boring home, hated the blue on the shoulders and the triangle print in the shirt, Blue away was again very bland, but we got a 3rd kit, again, in the 'tailored' polo shirt/material look which also had a badge from around the time we were formed, very underused from what i can remember though
18/19 - Right, this was one season where i didnt like any of the shirts, Home shirt, smallest amount of blue ever on a home shirt i think, away was blue, but not the blue we had now become accustomed to and with yellow socks!!! and the 3rd was supposed to be a throw back to the I think white 1991 BAC 3rd shirt, but ended up looking like it had been washed too much with some old dirty socks.
19/20 - For me, an amazing homage to our old Admiral kit from the late 70's, away was another amazing homage to the kit we won the 1980 FA cup in, but a very boring blue with pink trim 3rd kit.
20/21 - Was a bit confused that they tried to homage the leaving Upton Park kit for this seasons home, very odd and almost a carbon copy, away was a variant on our classic blue with 2 claret hoops which was nice, and a 3rd kit that I thought I would hate, but black with gold trim that just looked amazing, it helped that we got quite a few results wearing it too.
21/22 - ok, last seasons, a great home kit paying homage to the 1999 fila shirt, a great remake of the Argentina blue/white stripe for our away shirt and a nice dark blue 3rd with this time Claret and blue trim - A great season for me.
This season has started bad with the home shirt, and I know they are only rumours but they away and 3rd kits dont sound too cleaver either. But we will have to see. - Jesus, sorry that was so long, I didnt mean it to be, i'm not even a big kits person, I just like the team to look presentable.

Anyway, here are a few of my concept kits, trying our not usual traditional style, and a few away kits chucked in.

Daniel1895
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Daniel1895 »

Well done !
All of them are better than the actual one.
Benaloon
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 412 likes

Post by Benaloon »

Didn't think it was possible to do a worse version of our shirt this year, but somehow they've managed it.

Truly hideous, and somehow also cheap looking? Barely looks like a football shirt - more like something a university badminton team or something would wear.

Seems custom made for a certain type of rangers fan too...
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

I like the white away ones and the home kit with the light blue upper turning to claret.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

i love this would love this as a home shirt something completly different great desigins mate thank you