The new kits thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Stulaw
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: The new kits thread

Post by Stulaw »

The Badge is different, the hammers and "London" are smaller in the black kit, and the sheild has straighter edges.
Redlamp
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Redlamp »

YorksHammer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:53 pm Why's the Betway logo on that one at a different angle than the shirt itself?
That’s the fakes that are already on the big fake/replica websites, the arm graphics are bigger than on the real shirt, if the picture of the shirt we first got is ‘real’ in the first place. They dont have the black 3rd shirt up yet, so maybe that isnt happening, they even have the new 'mens' England shirt up with the blue gradient at the top and this site is usually spot on with the stuff the put up early. There is also another pic of the home shirt on the fake websites so you can see what it looks like worn, I’ll post it up.

Last edited by Redlamp on Fri May 27, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redlamp
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Redlamp »

Redlamp wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 pm That’s the fakes that are already on the big fake/replica websites, the arm graphics are bigger than on the real shirt, if the picture of the shirt we first got is ‘real’ in the first place. There is another pic on the fake websites so you can see what it looks like worn, I’ll post it up.

If ever a shirt was worth £12.55 off a fake website instead of £60 its this one.
TwoTubs
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by TwoTubs »

Hammer1972 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:06 pm The 8 year old who ironed it on was nearing the end of his 18 hour shift…
Got off early for a dental appointment apparently.
gothhammer
Has liked: 12 likes

Post by gothhammer »

The new England shirts are truly shocking, they are all on the FA site now. Not sure how to put up an image.
https://www.englandstore.com/en/england ... 3556219275
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

gothhammer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:05 pm The new England shirts are truly shocking, they are all on the FA site now. Not sure how to put up an image.
https://www.englandstore.com/en/england ... 3556219275
The home shirt is great. The away shirt, not so much.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 319 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Really like the new England home shirt - so “clean”. No silly trims etc.

As for the away however - we are not Holland (who would look really good in it).
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Total football (ish)
WestSamToo
Has liked: 419 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by WestSamToo »

Jonah wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:52 pm Total football (ish)
Ish total football.
lukechadwick
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 122 likes

Post by lukechadwick »

That is the women's kit for the euros the men's us different, rumoured to be like the blue to white gradient one above.
Believe also away is red and blue.
gothhammer

Post by gothhammer »

lukechadwick wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:41 pm That is the women's kit for the euros the men's us different, rumoured to be like the blue to white gradient one above.
Believe also away is red and blue.
Thought that but it is on the mens page so was unsure. The rumour was the mans one was red. Hope so
lukechadwick

Post by lukechadwick »

:wine:
gothhammer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:42 pm Thought that but it is on the mens page so was unsure. The rumour was the mans one was red. Hope so
It's available in men's fit as the men's kit will be available in women's.
gothhammer

Post by gothhammer »

lukechadwick wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:45 pm :wine:

It's available in men's fit as the men's kit will be available in women's.
Cheers, in the words of Partridge, "Its confusing" much prefer the West Ham way every team plays in same kit
lukechadwick

Post by lukechadwick »

gothhammer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:48 pm Cheers, in the words of Partridge, "Its confusing" much prefer the West Ham way every team plays in same kit
They always used to but I think that women's football is trying to create its own identity as opposed to being an afterthought of the men's game.
gothhammer

Post by gothhammer »

lukechadwick wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:51 pm They always used to but I think that women's football is trying to create its own identity as opposed to being an afterthought of the men's game.
I can see the argument for that, that I guess is the danger if there is a unified kit that the woman's game loses its chance for it's own identity
NedN
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 613 likes

Post by NedN »

My main worry with the new potential home kit, is that it’s too noticeably different from traditional kits and too much of an attempt to be hip…

Maybe a bad analogy since now everyone wears crazy boots, but it used to be you could only wear white or colored boots if you were obviously an insanely good player, otherwise you’d get a lot of slack…

We’ve had two amazing seasons on the bounce, but we’re still very much a no-nonsense, no-bs “black boots” club…keep the traditional jerseys until we’ve qualified for the CL two years in a row, and even then, still keep them…each season we try something crazy with the home kit seems to be an awful season as well.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1096 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Redlamp wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 pm That’s the fakes that are already on the big fake/replica websites, the arm graphics are bigger than on the real shirt, if the picture of the shirt we first got is ‘real’ in the first place.
I love this, it’s genuinely up there with one of the best football shirts I’ve seen imo.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2180 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

BigFatSam wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:46 pm I love this, it’s genuinely up there with one of the best football shirts I’ve seen imo.
Me too.
Hammers Sturmflut
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Hammers Sturmflut »

Imagine the black-"nectarine" shirt (though the pics here are clearly knock offs) but with our light blue instead of "nectarine," Lazio-ish away. Wouldn't be bad at all as an away shirt. Add light blue shorts and black socks...

The home is indeed ugly, the busyness on the arms is just pointless.
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Home kit reminds me of the BAC one from the early 90’s.. I hope every year we return to white socks but doubt we will..