The new kits thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Re: The new kits thread

Post by BondsoBob »

The late 60's away shirt - blue with claret hoops- will never be bettered IMO. Classic West Ham. :scarfer:
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by e20too »

MK-Hammer wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:20 pm I’d like to see more sky blue on the shirt ….especially the sleeves ….that’s more our tradition
Vilest shirt I have ever seen for the club, hate these contrived efforts that occur when ‘designers’ run out of ideas and try something different purely for the sake of it or in pursuance of ‘difference’, reminds me of the even worse Burnley abomination this season that I was just becoming grateful never having to see again, let’s hope it’s not a premonition.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1162 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Not a fan personally.

Trying too hard to be different.

Hopefully it will be memorable for positive reasons - like taking us to our first ever CL qualifying season
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Olympique de Marseille 2021-22 Puma Fourth Kit France
Sabah FC 2022 Lotto Third Kit e Malaysia
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

I do hope this is not going to be the shirt. I don't like it, and I never liked the naff one from the 90s.

I'm a purist at heart, but happy to see modern versions when they are good. This one just ISNT!

On a side note, the colours have all morphed a little from our classic. I don't know the Pantone shades of the 60s shirt (I'm sure one of our brilliant KUMB designers does) but I'd like to see these reused in whatever design we eventually use. The claret needs to be redder, and the blue darker . . .
Benaloon
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 412 likes

Post by Benaloon »

I don't object to different designs, I think it would be boring if we lined up in essentially the same shirt every year. You remember specific moments and players based on the shirts they wear, so mixing it up is fine by me.

What I do find annoying is the endless recycling of old designs. When was the last time we had a shirt that wasn't a 'homage' or 'inspired by' a previous shirt we've worn? This new one's is '91, current season is '01, before that was a traditional before that was '76 etc etc. Surely they're going to run out soon - then what, just start again?

Would love to see some new designs to make some new history with.
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by norse »

New Man City kits are sky blue and claret -
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

norse wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:50 am New Man City kits are sky blue and claret -
I think it's technically 'maroon'. Also Phil Foden still looks like Renton from Trainspotting.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Arsenal 2022-23 Adidas Home Kit
Manchester City 2022-23 Puma Home Kit
Daniel1895
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Daniel1895 »

Love the crest in the middle.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Arsenal one reminds me of Begkamp for some reason but also of what Arsenal looked like in the 30s.

Not a bad effort
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Kilmarnock FC 2022-23 Hummel Home Kit
Kilmarnock FC 2022-23 Hummel Away Kit
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Greenock Morton 2022-23 Joma Home Kit
Celta de Vigo 2022-23 Adidas Away Kit Spain
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3198 likes

Post by WCpete »

I know it’s not a kit, but Mark Noble clothing range? Wasn’t expecting that one.

BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1096 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

WCpete wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:05 pm I know it’s not a kit, but Mark Noble clothing range? Wasn’t expecting that one.

For f*** sake, those two in charge would sell their dead mother if they could get a fiver out of her.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Cruzeiro 2022-23 Adidas Away Kit Brazil
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

I might be reading too much into it, but the grunge effect in the background of this pic might well tie in with the effect on that new shirt, and kind of confirm that it's the real deal. Shame. It's awful.

TwoTubs
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by TwoTubs »

BigFatSam wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:09 pm I’ve been hearing that our away kit next season is pink??
So the players will all look like dildos :crylol:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Coventry City 2022-23 Hummel Home Kit
Sutton United 2022-23 O’Neills Home and Away Kits
Portuguesa 2022 Adidas Third Kit Venezuela
Peñarol 2022-23 Puma Away and Third Kits Uruguay
Bradford City Announce Macron Kit Deal

Bradford City AFC announced a six-year partnership with Macron, which will see the Italian sports apparel giant become the club’s official kit and retail supplier.

The agreement represents the largest of its kind in City’s history, providing a substantial six-figure sum every year.

Based in Northern Italy’s Bologna region, Macron will take over the running of the club’s retail operation through Pitch Pro Retail and manufacture the Bantams’ playing kits until the conclusion of the 2027/28 campaign, as well as the club's training and leisurewear.

The deal will also see the inception of the all-new Bradford City Store on South Parade. Its opening, on Tuesday June 14, will coincide with the launch of City's 2022/23 home strip.

The club’s chief executive officer, Ryan Sparks, said: “We are delighted to have agreed a six-year partnership with a brand as forward thinking and ambitious as Macron, who will take our retail operation to a new level and deliver greater revenue from this department than ever before.

“Macron’s depth is extremely impressive, and the layers of their business are huge in comparison to what we have worked with previously.

“The level of intricacy Macron have put into this partnership has been impressive. When you consider the profile and number of clubs they work with globally, the attention to detail has been very refreshing, and I am sure our supporters will see this in the official merchandise available from next month.

“In Macron, I firmly believe we have found a partner which can help us reach our potential on the retail side of the business, while of course helping us to constantly increase our turnover and supporting our on-field efforts.

“I would like to thank Andrea Palilla and all his fantastic colleagues for their passion and support, and look forward to working with Macron and the Pitch Pro Retail team closely over the course of the coming years.”

Andrea Palilla, Macron’s UK and Ireland country manager, said: “Bradford City is an iconic club with great, unique colours and a fantastic supporter base. I view it as a sleeping giant, and it is definitely moving forward, which is what we were looking for when talks began.

“We are very excited because, when we get involved with new clubs, we want to show supporters and players that we can produce something special, while considering the quality of the merchandise, which we take very seriously.

“We are looking forward to what will hopefully be a long and successful partnership with Bradford City AFC
Hartlepool United announce Erreà Kit Deal

Hartlepool United announced Erreà as their technical kit and training wear partners for the 2022/23 and 2023/24 seasons.

The deal sees the Italian brand not only supply the players with an exciting personalised range of playing kits for the next two seasons, but also a huge range of training wear, travel wear, pre-season, lifestyle and matchday ranges together with a carefully selected range of accessories.

Speaking on the exciting new agreement, COO Stephen Hobin said “ I am really excited to announce this partnership which I am sure will be very positively received with our supporters and players alike. It was extremely important to land this deal and it has been in the making for several months. Never again will we be in the position we were in last season where our supporters wanted to buy shirts for the season only to be left disappointed and frustrated. This deal is a serious deal for a club in the EFL2 and we have placed huge orders which are currently in manufacture to meet our expected demand. I have worked with Errea before and I have a very good working relationship with Fabrizio Taddei and his colleagues over in Parma.

One of the key things for me in this deal was to create wonderful, exciting kits and associated ranges that were truly unique and bespoke to this football club. We also needed a safe pair of hands and in Errea I know we have a solid operator who will deliver. In my 6 years at Norwich City for example I cannot remember a time that Errea let us down and what you tend to find is when clubs leave Errea to try someone new, they always go back eventually. Personally for me this was a promise I made early doors on my arrival and I was very determined to deliver a great range, at an affordable price and on time well in advance of the new season”

Fabrizio Taddei, Head of Global Partnerships at Errea added:

“It is with great pleasure that we welcome Hartlepool United to the Erreà family. While our history is not as long as Hartlepool’s, we are both family owned and working hard to build on success. As such, we see this as a true partnership and are looking forward to working closely with everyone at the club over the next seasons and to creating not just some great match shirts, but also distinctive and stylish ranges that we hope will be loved by both players and fans alike”
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3198 likes

Post by WCpete »

Coventry kit is fine as long as they bring back the brown away kit too.