Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

-DL- wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:37 pm My dishwasher broke down last night ironically enough.

I gave her a tissue and told her to wipe her eyes and left her to it.

I'm looking for some recommendations on Moisturiser and brand of Rubber Glove tell her .
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:06 pm I'm not sure people are quite understanding the importance of this.
I know what you’re saying.

I’ve seen something similar to what your looking for at Sainsbury’s, where I got a pair a while ago (might be a year or more now).

Might be worth checking out the supermarkets etc.

Also since turning 40 last year I feel like I need to dress more appropriately for my age, shirts and smarter trousers rather than jeans and T-shirts. Anyone else doing that or feel the same?

It’s weird!
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:36 pm I'm looking for some recommendations on Moisturiser and brand of Rubber Glove tell her .
Like you need advice on things rubber...
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 pm Also since turning 40 last year I feel like I need to dress more appropriately for my age, shirts and smarter trousers rather than jeans and T-shirts. Anyone else doing that or feel the same?

It’s weird!
Nope, I'm stubbornly refusing to grow up.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 pm
Also since turning 40 last year I feel like I need to dress more appropriately for my age, shirts and smarter trousers rather than jeans and T-shirts. Anyone else doing that or feel the same?

f*** that ****. I'll be in jeans and t-shirts until I pop my clogs.

Mrs DL has been ordering me stuff on-line that's not jeans, and I've told her, I ain't wearing it and to send it back.

I always wondered when the time was when your shopping habits changed, and with Mrs DL's behaviour, I kinda suspected our behaviour didn't change at all, and it was outside influences pushing it.

You've now just shattered my illusion.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Yeah, I’m 37 and still wear jeans and a tshirt pretty much every day, maybe a polo and some chinos or trousers some days just to break it up a bit, but I’m still a delinquent 18 year old in my head.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 pm Also since turning 40 last year I feel like I need to dress more appropriately for my age, shirts and smarter trousers rather than jeans and T-shirts. Anyone else doing that or feel the same?

It’s weird!
I'm exactly the same but for me it's sparkly hot pants and a boob tube. Maybe a pair of leggings if the weather's a bit nippy.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

That's only Saturday attire GCRO, special Saturdays mind with Kylie playing "spinning around"

Jeans & T shirt all the way for me as well, V neck T shirt to be clear, usually white or black, Jeans regular fit, not skinny! Try Energie jeans, can be pricey but wear really well.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 843 likes

Post by mushy »

simonpaulthomas wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:50 pm Yeah, I’m 37 and still wear jeans and a tshirt pretty much every day, maybe a polo and some chinos or trousers some days just to break it up a bit, but I’m still a delinquent 18 year old in my head.
You're just a crazy kid.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

simonpaulthomas wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:50 pm Yeah, I’m 37 and still wear jeans and a tshirt pretty much every day, maybe a polo and some chinos or trousers some days just to break it up a bit, but I’m still a delinquent 18 year old in my head.
I'm 54 and still wear jeans and t-shirts daily.
Sometimes I wear a band t-shirt.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Hammers Dad wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:32 pm I'm 54 and still wear jeans and t-shirts daily.
Sometimes I wear a band t-shirt.
You'll never get a job.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Black lightweight jeans from Matalan and band t shirts.
I'm 48 and I don't give a f*** what anyone else thinks. My hair is like a much thicker looking Ron Jeremy look.

Back on topic. Everyone that knows me is polite and doesn't say a word. Occasionally I'll get a genuine question from an individual who dresses from the Next catalogue asking me what I wear to social events. I tell them that I wear the same everywhere, apart from a wedding or funeral where I put on a button up shirt, no tie and the one pair of slacks with my shoes that I got married in 24 years ago.

This questioning pisses me off. I don't ask them why they feel they need to look like a camp Littlewoods model.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Robbie wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:46 pm Black lightweight jeans from Matalan and band t shirts.
No offence mate but Spice Girls and Boyzone t-shirts aren't really what most consider "band t-shirts"....

No offence honky tonks :crossed:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I still wear band t-shirts. Today I'm wearing a Public Image Ltd t-shirt. I also have a couple of Carter USM t-shirts.

I also have a C64 tshirt, a sensible soccer tshirt, and a Linux tshirt.... mainly because I'm a sad nerd.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 pm

Not a chance. I wear what I like and feel comfortable in.

In my head its still the 90s and im still a teenager! :fist:
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I like the way skin tight jeans cut off the circulation to my ankles, it means I can't feel the cold when I wear no socks, and put on jeans that are purposely too short.

They go really well with my t-shirt, which happens to be 8 sizes too small for me.

If Carlsberg did c*nts..
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Denim is what God wears when he wants to impress the ladies.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

But never bootcut. That would make him look like a qunt.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:06 am But never bootcut. That would make him look like a qunt.
I wear bootcut and I think I look rather nice in them. I like them to be stretchy and tight at the top so that it shows off my amazing bottom and muscular thighs. Then I like them to be a bit looser at the bottom and flare out a touch.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

S-H wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:41 am I like the way skin tight jeans cut off the circulation to my ankles, it means I can't feel the cold when I wear no socks, and put on jeans that are purposely too short.

They go really well with my t-shirt, which happens to be 8 sizes too small for me.

If Carlsberg did c*nts..
I have a 49 year old mate who dresses like this, many have said something to him but he continues to dress like an 18 year old, he also carries a little bit of weight, so tight tops realllyyy are not the way forward. On one hand I think fair play, but then I see him and think you soppy ****.