Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba »

vietnammer wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:41 am I've never heard gittery like that S_H :rofl:
Straight out of an evil scarecrow's playbook..
Samba

Post by Samba »

-DL- wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:01 pm A dirty, foreign, smackhead **** trying to mug me for my camera over Davy Down in South Ockendon. He gave the game away as he went past on his bike a couple of times eying it up - which gave me the chance to take the lens hood off of the Canon 10-18mm lens I had in my hoody pocket, which I subsequently used to clout the **** round the head with when he stood in front of me and said in broken "English Camera, give it to me" whilst pointing at it.

It was after I told him to **** off that he stepped towards me, and that's when the lens came out of the pocket in a flash.
Should have taken his picture for i.d.ing him..
Although, I guess you were a bit too busy at the time..
Samba

Post by Samba »

S-H wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:07 pm Does TOMOS have an alibi..
No & he does have a camera addiction & he is foreign..
DL might have recognised him though..
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Samba wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:46 pm No & he does have a camera addiction & he is foreign..
DL might have recognised him though..
He wouldn't have been interested, it's a Canon, not Nikon...
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 941 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

vietnammer wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:13 pm Being 'foreign' is no crime, but as for the rest of it I hope you reported this to the police cos the scumbucket is clearly a danger to people. Glad you're ok.
Being foreign in South Ockendon means your not related in multiple ways to your cousin doesn't it?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:08 am Being foreign in South Ockendon means your not related in multiple ways to your cousin doesn't it?
You wanna try West Cornwall mate. There are roads there that don't leave the other side of the village.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

The hernia repair I was supposed to be having in June being put back until 16th August. Just when the end was near, the rug is pulled from under me.

I now have no choice but to go back to work as there is no way on this earth I can stay off for another 5 months, so gonna have to put up with driving a bus with the steering wheel pressing in to it and hope it doesn't make me throw up again...

(3 months until surgery, 2 months recovery).
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

-DL- wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:46 pm The hernia repair I was supposed to be having in June being put back until 16th August. Just when the end was near, the rug is pulled from under me.

I now have no choice but to go back to work as there is no way on this earth I can stay off for another 5 months, so gonna have to put up with driving a bus with the steering wheel pressing in to it and hope it doesn't make me throw up again...

(3 months until surgery, 2 months recovery).
Have you looked into private prices? I mean if you are going to be in pain / off work it might be worthwhile

I considered private for my knee couple months ago when I thought I'd done serious damage again .. limping around for a year wouldnt work with the girls

Anyways I had a private scan and turns out was badly strained muscle which is slowly clearing up.

They do medical loans etc

Just saves you waiting
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

I'm not really in pain tbh. it's more sporadic when I've eaten certain foods and the hernia pops out.

For the sake of a two month delay, it's not the end of the world, and not worth getting in to debt over - and it wouldn't be as 'cheap' as a regular hernia repair (I use that term 'cheap' very loosely) because I have the added complication of having a stoma, so as well as there being the colo-rectal team there that's doing the hernia repair, I will also be having a Urology team in attendance just in case they're needed.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

-DL- wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:53 am I'm not really in pain tbh. it's more sporadic when I've eaten certain foods and the hernia pops out.

For the sake of a two month delay, it's not the end of the world, and not worth getting in to debt over - and it wouldn't be as 'cheap' as a regular hernia repair (I use that term 'cheap' very loosely) because I have the added complication of having a stoma, so as well as there being the colo-rectal team there that's doing the hernia repair, I will also be having a Urology team in attendance just in case they're needed.
I guess if it's liveable then it's worth waiting, I 100% did not want to pay for an op, but when I saw it was a 8 month wait then like a 6 week or so recovery knocking me out for best part of a year not being as helpful with the kids I thought I had to look into it.

But then no extra factors to price into it

If it's liveable might aswell let the NHS do it when you have paid your taxes that's what they are their for.

Fully understand the irritation though. When I had my ACL replaced (pre kids, pre knowing my wife) I was 18 months limping round with a ruptured one because they lost me in the system
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

People who walk into a sauna or stream room, stand there and say ‘god it’s hot’ , ‘it’s hot in here’ or something to that effect. What do they expect?

Also taking in said steam room. Is it only me that thinks this is a big ‘no no’. It’s a place to relax.
cambridge hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by cambridge hammer »

The bloke behind me yesterday who kept shouting "Break him Vlad" everytime Coufal and Grealish came into contact. Once, mildly amusing, twice Meh ! 55th time, shut the f up!
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

No doubt he would have be the first and loudest to criticise Coufal once he received the inevitable red card
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

The ridiculous fashion trend of white socks & sliders. I don't think these fools that wear them realise how daft they look. Just a slight twist on socks & sandals really.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2635 likes

Post by sendô »

Filled the car up with diesel at the weekend. Pay at the pump limit is £99, and sure enough I managed to hit it.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

****ing toss-pot car dealers, that let you arrange a test drive, get finance in place - and boom - get a call half hour before to say the car has been sold.

c****.

Probably dodged a bullet, as I'm not sure I could have handled the piss taking if I had a Micra.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Dover KUMB fan wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:54 am The ridiculous fashion trend of white socks & sliders.
Absolutely de rigeur clothing option in South London. Even my son does it!
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Dover KUMB fan wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:54 am The ridiculous fashion trend of white socks & sliders. I don't think these fools that wear them realise how daft they look. Just a slight twist on socks & sandals really.
If you think that's bad, you obviously didn't catch Will Young on Sunday Brunch yesterday. :shock:

A Vivienne Westwood (fleece?) onesie with shoes and no socks! This isn't the best image of it, but you get the idea.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dy ... 2621806286
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:58 pm If you think that's bad, you obviously didn't catch Will Young on Sunday Brunch yesterday. :shock:

A Vivienne Westwood (fleece?) onesie with shoes and no socks! This isn't the best image of it, but you get the idea.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dy ... 2621806286
My god He looks like Coco the clown before the make up got applied.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2635 likes

Post by sendô »

Me accidentally smashing my elbow on the door frame last night.

The funny bone it aint. The extremely ****ing painful bone more like.