Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

jastons wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:04 pm A blocked drain. I live in a ground floor flat and water is coming back up into the bath.

I've tried several brands of kitchen / bathroom drain unblocker, boiling water, plunger and even a drain snake. Nothing has made any difference.

Before I call in a plumber, is there anything else I could try? Tempted to try caustic soda but not sure if it will damage the pipe work?
Haven't got a Scottish bloke with glasses called Dennis living in your block have you?
mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

RichieRiv wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:25 am Keep turning clockwise, keep turning clockwise, keep turning clockwise. Oh ****.
Definitely this.
And rodding is good for you.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

Driving down the A127 yesterday and noticed 2 x Esso petrol garages on opposite sides of the road to each other both selling petrol at different prices. How the F is that allowed they are basically 50 yards apart with traffic going in different directions but both the same company.
mushy

Post by mushy »

screech wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:33 pm Driving down the A127 yesterday and noticed 2 x Esso petrol garages on opposite sides of the road to each other both selling petrol at different prices. How the F is that allowed they are basically 50 yards apart with traffic going in different directions but both the same company.
Might well be franchises screech.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 178 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

jastons wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:04 pm A blocked drain. I live in a ground floor flat and water is coming back up into the bath.

I've tried several brands of kitchen / bathroom drain unblocker, boiling water, plunger and even a drain snake. Nothing has made any difference.

Before I call in a plumber, is there anything else I could try? Tempted to try caustic soda but not sure if it will damage the pipe work?
Any large trees in the vicinity of your drains? We''ve had ours blocked by invading roots on two separate occasions, and if that's what yiou've got they ain't going to get shifted by drain rods and caustic soda
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

People who walk incredibly slowly down the middle of a narrow pavement so you can’t get past them. I politely said excuse me this morning and the lady almost had a heart attack.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:45 am People who walk incredibly slowly down the middle of a narrow pavement so you can’t get past them. I politely said excuse me this morning and the lady almost had a heart attack.
Yeah, but you didn't need to whisper it in her ear.
irons88
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by irons88 »

People who say ‘I’m not gonna lie’. Or NGL for short when writing it out.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

irons88 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:10 pm People who say ‘I’m not gonna lie’. Or NGL for short when writing it out.
I had to google it when a (much) younger woman texted it to me recently. It was quite cute in context, so for me, it would go in the smile thread :-)
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:20 pm Only to be told that you've been selected for your shopping to be checked, by the extra slow halfwit that the store manager has put on self scan duty today.
I’m guessing you probably look a bit shifty, this doesn’t happen to me. :winker:
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

The coconut eclair in a box of Quality Street. What an abomination of a sweet.

ps. A Bounty is far superior.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

djclipz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:11 pm The coconut eclair in a box of Quality Street. What an abomination of a sweet.

ps. A Bounty is far superior.
Christmas leftovers? I just finished eating the Christmas cake yesterday.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

Yep, did the hosting this year so had a ton of choclates left over. This is the last big box of Quality Street.

haha christ, I'd of given up on the christmas cake.
southbrishammer
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

Arnold Layne wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:01 pm Christmas leftovers? I just finished eating the Christmas cake yesterday.
I've just started the big bag of dry roasted peanuts we bought for Christmas :thup:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2616 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Kludgehammer wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:43 am Any large trees in the vicinity of your drains? We''ve had ours blocked by invading roots on two separate occasions, and if that's what yiou've got they ain't going to get shifted by drain rods and caustic soda
Tree roots don’t break through drains themselves but if there are any cracks that allow moisture to escape, then that will make a bee-line for those.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1682 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

The artifical and false "drama" that is built up round the transfer seasons' deadline day.
southbrishammer
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

Very much at the littler end of the Little Things That Irritate You, but Mrs SBH came back from the shop earlier and excitedly told me she had bought some lemon and blueberry flavour hot cross buns.

She can't get her head around the idea that I prefer hot cross bun flavour hot cross buns. They seem now to just be a base for any flavour - salted caramel, triple chocolate, apple. Just give me a bun.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

southbrishammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:16 pm lemon and blueberry flavour hot cross buns.
Sound the b*llocks tbh.
Jennings
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by Jennings »

southbrishammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:16 pm
Just give me a bun.
There's an App for that.

It's called Grindr.
mushy

Post by mushy »

southbrishammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:16 pm
She can't get her head around the idea that I prefer hot cross bun flavour hot cross buns.
Where do you stand on Cinnamon?