Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1872 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by dasnutnock3 »

People who take forever to do anything. Could even be little things like leaving the forecourt after filling the car or getting a round of beers in. You’re constantly having to wait for them because evidently they don’t value their lives enough to get a c*nting move on.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:57 pm People who take forever to do anything. Could even be little things like leaving the forecourt after filling the car or getting a round of beers in. You’re constantly having to wait for them because evidently they don’t value their lives enough to get a c*nting move on.
Supermarkets are the worst, you see only one person ahead of you at a checkout and choose that one.

You empty all your stuff out of the trolley but the woman in front of you who has all her items already checked in is in slow ****ing motion.

She literally is putting one item in a bag then taking it back out and into a different bag and doing this with everything.

You then see the 6 people long queue at the other checkout is now empty and the girl looking at her nails with nothing to do.

I now have to load up the trolley again and move across, as soon as I do the bitch in slow motion leaves.

This happens me a lot ffs.

Rule No.1 NEVER empty your groceries onto the conveyor belt until the person ahead is leaving.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1856 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The same people, having finally managed to put all their shopping into several cumbersome bags, then look aghast at the cashier as they're told the amount to pay. It comes as a massive shock to them, that they have to pay for their shopping. Having their purse ready has never occured to them. 'Now which bag is my purse in?'. They proceed to unload the just packed bags until they find it, agonise over which card to use, forget their loyalty card but find a 6p off voucher which is out of date but that doesn't stop them having a go.

Basically see Mrs. Brady Old Lady.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 815 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Just imagine being out in society, with no agenda, no set time to be anywhere, no care how long it takes you to get from A to B.

That's the utopia those sort of people inhabit..........
Pete647580
Has liked: 1214 likes
Total likes: 587 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

People in front of me in the queue at Costa. 5 minutes queuing in front of the display and price list then when it's their turn to order they start to think about what they want. :angryred:
kenthammer
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by kenthammer »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:31 pm Just imagine being out in society, with no agenda, no set time to be anywhere, no care how long it takes you to get from A to B.

That's the utopia those sort of people inhabit..........
Us pensioners you mean :crylol:
Bobbysgirl
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Bobbysgirl »

kenthammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:23 pm Us pensioners you mean :crylol:
That's us - always found at the front of a three mile tail back...
old fart
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by old fart »

Why is everyone so angry ?

I use the self scan tills
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1603 likes

Post by alf git »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:02 am DIY.

I really really want to be good at it. I plan everything to the nth degree, write lists, make spreadsheets, buy books, watch video guides, etc... all in the same way I would as if I was doing some IT project at work. I over-plan though and completely overwhelm myself to the point where it starts to make me feel very very anxious - and I back out and end up not doing whatever job or jobs that I was planning. Instead I pay good money to get someone else out to do the job - and I watch him do it and then think... I could have done that, it looks easy.
Measure once, cut twice.
Remember that and you won't go far wrong.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

old fart wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:11 pm Why is everyone so angry ?

Smartshop, as I breeze past all the queues for the conveyor belts then the massive queue for self scan tills, out the door.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1877 likes
Total likes: 480 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

Arnold Layne wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:42 pm Smartshop, as I breeze past all the queues for the conveyor belts then the massive queue for self scan tills, out the door.
Hmmm, I tried Smartshop during lockdown, great idea doing it all on your phone except that the store blocks the mobile signal, which causes a bit of a problem.
On-line shopping is much easier :grin:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

And the car parks is another.

I go to this car park every Saturday morning, it has five floor levels. The wait to get in is about 20 minutes and a long line of cars at 10am.

Why?

Because there are woman going in who are trying to park on the ground level and refuse to drive through to the other empty FOUR levels.

I often see them waiting by a car and they put on their indicator to say they are going in to this space when the other car is coming out.

Problem is it ain't coming out, the owner has a trolley full of bags and is only starting to put them SLOWLT into the boot and then has to take back the trolley halfway down the car park. All this takes ten minutes meanwhile the bint waiting is stopping all behind her from getting past.

There are FOUR empty levels 30 seconds away but no she must park on the ground floor.

I often get up to the next level and the car in front of me is trying to reverse into a tight space between two parked cars, She take five attempts and then cannot open the door to get out. I get out of my car and tap on her window to tell her there are 200 spaces on this level and 197 of them are free. She can drive straight into ANY of them so why the fook are you trying to squeeze into this one when your SUV won't fit holding up 50 cars behind you.

I need a drink ffs
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

ageing hammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:46 pm And the car parks is another.
I need a drink ffs
:crylol:
I feel your frustration, ageing..
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:18 pm The local chemist. For the last year at least, it never has prescriptions done when I go to pick them up. My record is leaving one in three weeks in advance and going to pick it up - "yeah come back in an hour and it'll be done" BASTARDS!!!! I even tried ringing before I went today (they've had the bloody thing a week) and nobody picked up the phone. Off I went, same old story "come back in an hour and it'll be done". Went back in an hour and saw a different person, her response "come back in an hour and it'll be done". I stood there, looked at here and told her to do it now as I'm not moving and nobody else is getting served until I get my prescription. I think I'm banned from there now. Good. **** 'em. Grrrrrr!!!!!
I use my local Asda and just pick it up when I’m food shopping. Change chemists! It can be easily done online.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

Eggchaser wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:47 pm Hmmm, I tried Smartshop during lockdown, great idea doing it all on your phone except that the store blocks the mobile signal, which causes a bit of a problem.
On-line shopping is much easier :grin:
I don’t use my phone, they have zappers you pick up by the doorway in sainsburys.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

My local Asda has WiFi. If I’m running low on data then I’ll connect and post / upload anything I need to.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Im another one who hates DIY. I have a lot of tool now, but whatever job I do I always find I am missing one essential tool, so need to add to my collection. The other issue is itll generally not look as good as paying a professional. I moved the side gate from the back to the front of the alleyway last year, and it’s just not quite right. The posts arent quite square, the fence isnt quite straight etc. it looks okay, but Im not happy.

I need to put lights in the alleyway next.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1872 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Good clearance sale on Toolstation at the moment.
mushy
Has liked: 652 likes
Total likes: 876 likes

Post by mushy »

old fart wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:11 pm Why is everyone so angry ?

They are the worst of the lot.
Not only are people unable to use them properly they also are unable to stand at the front of the queue and notice that at least three of them are empty and waiting for use. It seems the decision making part of their brains has somehow been fried and they have to wait for an employee (who is generally doing something else like training a customer on how to scan things) to come along and tell them that it's their turn and would they mind ambling very slowly over there to that checkout that nobody has used for at least 10 minutes.
Either that or they are looking at Tik ToK on their phones and so when aforementioned employee asks them to take their place at the till, they are too busy looking at a video of someone telling them the secret of painting their nails.
I've come to the conclusion that only idiots (I'm one of them) choose to use self service tills.
It's like some sort of challenge to them, I bet they go home to their families and boast that they managed to use one and only called the nice lady over twice. To them it's like the final of The Krypton factor.
And don't get me started on people on garage forecourts.......
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:01 pm Good clearance sale on Toolstation at the moment.
Why do you find this irritating?