Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Happyhammer52 »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:23 pm I hate “big corporate” life sometimes.
Not always better at smaller companies. Our CEO has had a couple issues with our VOIP system (most likely user error) and he has royally thrown toys out the pram. He wants a new system (not thinking about the logistics of how long it will take to get in place etc), when I advised that the termination fee was around £50,000, he just said we wouldn't pay it.

IT is an interesting old world, I remember an old boss saying to stay in a position for a maximum of 18 months and move on, and I am starting to come round to that thought process.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

Having a quick game of Golf Clash and getting matched up to play against russian c****, meaning I have to forfeit the game and lose imaginary coinage.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Arnold Layne wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:57 pm Having a quick game of Golf Clash and getting matched up to play against russian *****, meaning I have to forfeit the game and lose imaginary coinage.
I love a bit of Golf Clash Arnold, I don't get the Russian & forfeit bit???
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Arnold Layne wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:57 pm Having a quick game of Golf Clash and getting matched up to play against russian *****, meaning I have to forfeit the game and lose imaginary coinage.
I play "8 Ball pool" on-line on a site called "Miniclip. Why they call it 8 Ball is beyond me, but there you go.

There's an aim hack that can be downloaded called "Cheto". Basically, you cannot miss. The only why you can beat the cheating b***ards is pot a ball on the break and clear up in one go.

Why people play with it is beyond me. There's no skill involved and it just spoils the game. I just quit the game and don't give them the satisfaction.
steviob125
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by steviob125 »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

My gas/electric bill for the last quarter, though it's not that little.
£908, last year same time was £453
sword
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by sword »

If it's any consolation, Hammers Dad, £1003. Bear in mind it's been a bitch of a winter temperature-wise.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

sword wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:49 am If it's any consolation, Hammers Dad, £1003. Bear in mind it's been a bitch of a winter temperature-wise.
Am not sure it has, has it?
Think we've just had one cold snap and that's about it, which is quite normal..
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Dogs. My office is full of dog lovers, who insist on bringing their pets into work on a regular basis.

So my neighbours ones annoy me with their barking, I cycle to work swerving poo and dogs that can't understand a large object moving towards them should be avoided, and now I even have to put up with them in my office.

Why do dog owners automatically assume everyone loves their dogs? :furrow:
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:50 pm Why do dog owners automatically assume everyone loves their dogs? :furrow:
Because they do, they just don't know it yet :crylol:
Pete647580
Has liked: 1203 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:50 pm Dogs. My office is full of dog lovers, who insist on bringing their pets into work on a regular basis.

So my neighbours ones annoy me with their barking, I cycle to work swerving poo and dogs that can't understand a large object moving towards them should be avoided, and now I even have to put up with them in my office.

It's not the dogs, it's the feckin' useless gobshite owners, 80% of whom are bloody clueless when it comes to handling their pet.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Pete647580 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:05 pm It's not the dogs, it's the feckin' useless gobshite owners, 80% of whom are bloody clueless when it comes to handling their pet.
Spot on. Watch Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly.. Nine times out of ten or more, Graeme Hall ends up rectifying problems with the owner rather than the dog. Dogs are simple creatures, they just want to know their place and what's expected of them.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

The Borthwick era starting with a poor home loss to the scotch.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1862 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:50 pm Dogs. My office is full of dog lovers, who insist on bringing their pets into work on a regular basis.

Maybe for the same reason that people in my office, sorry women in my office, always asked me if I'd like to hold their new baby?
My response was, no thanks come back when you have a puppy.

I have never taken my dogs to work, but anyone that doesn't like dogs is a wrong'un as far as I'm concerned.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1862 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:33 pm The Borthwick era starting with a poor home loss to the scotch.
In attack they were ok until he brought Youngs on, at which point it all slowed down to predictable levels.
Other than that he needs a defense coach as they seemed to think they were playing touch rugby.
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Not being able to place orders on Amazon.

Payment declines but there’s nothing wrong with it and I have funds.

I just wanted to rent Triangles of Sadness.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Stephen Mangan
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1207 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Psoriatic arthritis flare up. Was planning on using the chainsaw, right now can't even grip a bloody steering wheel.
cambridge hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by cambridge hammer »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:12 pm Because they do, they just don't know it yet :crylol:
People started taking their dogs to the pub.Why? What makes you think i want to see your dog,trip over his lead,slip on his slobber.These are people who normally go to the pub so it's not an excuse to get out.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Rio wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:41 amStephen Mangan
I’m not sure it’s healthy for a human to love and adore themselves as much as he does.