Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by fjthegrey »

I'm done posting on the GD till that turtle ****'s off or is banned.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

fjthegrey wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:35 am I'm done posting on the GD till that turtle ****'s off or is banned.
He's the worst of a bad bunch on there, lately.
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by r99c »

Women you're seeing and hoping to get somewhere with deciding that the best time for a ''Im sorry, if anything'' message, about ten mins after a flirty text, is late on a Sunday night
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

r99c wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am Women you're seeing and hoping to get somewhere with deciding that the best time for a ''Im sorry, if anything'' message, about ten mins after a flirty text, is late on a Sunday night
Back when I used to do far too much internet dating, I became so bored with the whole predictability of it that I actually started asking at the end of the date:

"so would you like to see me again? Or would you prefer to give me the impression that all's well, escape, and then send me the bad news by text in about 15 minutes whilst I'm on my way home?"

Quite amazing really that it eventually led to success.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

r99c wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am Women you're seeing and hoping to get somewhere with deciding that the best time for a ''Im sorry, if anything'' message, about ten mins after a flirty text, is late on a Sunday night
Dick pic didn't have the desired effect then? :winker:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

fjthegrey wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:35 am I'm done posting on the GD till that turtle ****'s off or is banned.
He's the most entertaining thing in the GD currently. Don't get rid yet.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

The mini meltdown on here yesterday in the GD because we lost. I'm glad in a way that I couldn't log in as it was all a bit pathetic really.

I know it can be the heat of the moment sometimes but some people need to take a breath and then remind themselves where we are in the league still. Not to mention still in 2 cup competitions.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Reynaud's Phenomenon.

It's getting worse. I've always had quite a low tolerance to the cold in my fingers but it's become dramatically worse over the last 2 years. Usually I'd be fine with any old gloves on but now I'm finding that my fingers are actually hurting with the cold within an hour, and that's whilst wearing a pair of ski gloves (budget ones admittedly). I'm not even talking about sub zero temperatures. Take the gloves off and my hands have completely lost all colour. Pure white. I'm dying to get back onto the hills for a winter hike but I know my fingers aren't going to tolerate it at all at present. I have some new gloves on order and I'm hoping they're going to do a much better job.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'm also irritated that nobody is appreciating my long rambling posts on myocarditis, vitamin D, and ivermectin. Took me ages to write them you know! Do you realise how lonely it gets living in a house where nobody has the slightest interest in anything you want to talk about? Indulge me a little please. I need an outlet. I can't help over-enthusiastically researching this crap. It's just the way my brain works.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:20 pm He's the most entertaining thing in the GD currently. Don't get rid yet.
Really? His 'deliberately take the most negative and contrarian view he can find' playbook is about as dull as it comes.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

fjthegrey wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:00 pm Really? His 'deliberately take the most negative and contrarian view he can find' playbook is about as dull as it comes.
Clearly contrary for contrary's sake.

I think the mods have gone soft since Elsie joined :winker:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:48 pm I'm also irritated that nobody is appreciating my long rambling posts on myocarditis, vitamin D, and ivermectin. Took me ages to write them you know! Do you realise how lonely it gets living in a house where nobody has the slightest interest in anything you want to talk about? Indulge me a little please. I need an outlet. I can't help over-enthusiastically researching this crap. It's just the way my brain works.
I appreciate and read them, even if sometimes at the end I think "so what". :winker: I would have given up reading the Covid thread due to the people who just repeat their viewpoint constantly if it wasn't for useful thought out posts like yours, DrVenk and a few others,
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:48 pm I'm also irritated that nobody is appreciating my long rambling posts on myocarditis, vitamin D, and ivermectin. Took me ages to write them you know! Do you realise how lonely it gets living in a house where nobody has the slightest interest in anything you want to talk about? Indulge me a little please. I need an outlet. I can't help over-enthusiastically researching this crap. It's just the way my brain works.
I can assure you fella, I'm reading! Just not logging in and liking as logging in has been, well, you know. You are going down some high level medical routes! It's impressive. I'm learning a lot from ya :newthumb:

Ever thought of doing a PhD? Or Masters + PhD?
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

DrVenk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:28 pm I can assure you fella, I'm reading! Just not logging in and liking as logging in has been, well, you know. You are going down some high level medical routes! It's impressive. I'm learning a lot from ya :newthumb:

Ever thought of doing a PhD? Or Masters + PhD?
I couldn't even get through a degree! I dropped out within a year both times I tried. I've never stopped learning though. I prefer learning when its a bit more freeform and I can just explore things at will. I prefer to just follow my interests (which can chop and change quite haphazardly) rather than committing myself to something structured that doesn't suit me. The attention deficit disorder also doesn't help much.

I meant my post in a light hearted way - I'm really not that irritated about it :)

I just had that sudden moment of enlightenment about 20,000 words into my latest ramble where it occurred to me... "why the f*** am I writing all this?"
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:30 pm Reynaud's Phenomenon.

It's getting worse. I've always had quite a low tolerance to the cold in my fingers but it's become dramatically worse over the last 2 years. Usually I'd be fine with any old gloves on but now I'm finding that my fingers are actually hurting with the cold within an hour, and that's whilst wearing a pair of ski gloves (budget ones admittedly). I'm not even talking about sub zero temperatures. Take the gloves off and my hands have completely lost all colour. Pure white. I'm dying to get back onto the hills for a winter hike but I know my fingers aren't going to tolerate it at all at present. I have some new gloves on order and I'm hoping they're going to do a much better job.
There are meds for it (I'm not saying how successful they are..), have you spoken with your GP?
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Samba wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:06 pm There are meds for it (I'm not saying how successful they are..), have you spoken with your GP?
My GP tends to instantly roll his eyes as soon I step into his office.
Samba

Post by Samba »

I forgot to say, missing the chance to do the double over Leeds yesterday..
Samba

Post by Samba »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:27 pm My GP tends to instantly roll his eyes as soon I step into his office.
We must have the same GP..
Not that I can step into his office anymore..
Samba

Post by Samba »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:30 pmReynaud's Phenomenon.
Might be worth getting some of those heated gloves I've think I've heard about?
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Samba wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:06 pm There are meds for it (I'm not saying how successful they are..), have you spoken with your GP?
Seems like most of the common meds for it are calcium channel blockers and also used to treat high blood pressure. I'm not sure how that would work as my blood pressure is normally on the low side or normal. Besides... I'm not sure I want to be putting that sort of stuff into my body along with its big list of side effects unless I really had to. I'll stick with the better gloves option for now.

I seem to have damaged a nerve somewhere as the little finger on my left hand is permanently semi numb... like halfway to becoming numb. I blamed it on spending hours every day leant on my elbow and pressing a nerve. Since my finger became like that though, the reynauds is worse.
Samba wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:32 pm Might be worth getting some of those heated gloves I've think I've heard about?
I would but the decent ones are way too expensive. I have some non-heated ones coming tomorrow so I'll see how they are.
Last edited by Burnley Hammer on Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.