Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

r99c
Has liked: 707 likes
Total likes: 397 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by r99c »

Francoisvander or else wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:14 am Currently on holiday in Tenerife and it’s just so happens the wife’s friend is out here with her fella and another couple. We met them for dinner and everything goes fine until we rock up at a pub and it transpires they are all hiding miniature bottles of their favourite spirit in the wives handbags. With no regard to anyone around them they gleefully order soft drinks and then top them up with the spirits they brought along. I was totally mortified and told the wife I won’t be meeting them again whilst on holiday and the wife tells me to lighten up :furrow:
Why does this irritate you? Fairly standard practice
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

r99c wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:54 pm Why does this irritate you? Fairly standard practice
We obviously have different expectations and friends. Why would you go out worrying you might get chucked out of a bar because you won't pay for an alcoholic drink, they were looking over their shoulder constantly worrying in case someone witnessed what they was doing, I go away to relax. Also disrespectful to the bar owners who haven't had the easiest few years
Francoisvander or else
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

jastons wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:48 am Lighten up. There is a cost of living crisis going on.
Would you go to a restaurant and take your own chicken or steak and just as for a plate of veg
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

r99c wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:54 pm Why does this irritate you? Fairly standard practice
Yeah, but if everyone did it, there wouldn't be many places left to drink.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

WHU Independent wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:45 pm Vets - up there with Solicitors, Estate Agents and Lawyers. They have absolutely no care for your animal, they just want to upsell you medicine and get you on long term repeat medical perscriptions for your pet at extortionate prices.

For example - 1 7 K bag of catfood. Cost from the vets = £70.

Same bag from Pet Drugs on line = £38.

You want a percription from the vet so you can go to another place and buy the medicine cheaper - that will be £20 please to print you out a bit of paper. c****!
My two vets both confirmed animal lovers I'd say, not sure why anyone would expect private veterinary treatment to be any less than private treatment for humans.

Qualifying from veterinary school is pretty much as taxing as becoming a doctor, so can't see why they shouldn't make some dough from it.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1872 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Francoisvander or else wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:36 pm Would you go to a restaurant and take your own chicken or steak and just as for a plate of veg
God, no. I'd simply make my own sandwiches from the hotel breakfast buffet and sit outside eating them.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

People who pronounce Data as Dah-tah rather than Day-tah

Burn in hell!!
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

It is. I did it all the time on my last holiday until my girlfriend reminded me it was all inclusive.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

Francoisvander or else wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:34 pm We obviously have different expectations and friends. Why would you go out worrying you might get chucked out of a bar because you won't pay for an alcoholic drink, they were looking over their shoulder constantly worrying in case someone witnessed what they was doing, I go away to relax. Also disrespectful to the bar owners who haven't had the easiest few years
I'm with you on this one, It's embarrassing.

The last time I was involved in such a thing I was on a stag do in Bratislava and the spirit bottles were for punishment shots, so a rather different night out, also we all had pints sat in front of us. If I'm honest I'm not entirely sure why the spirits weren't just bought as and when unless it was for in between walks to bars. However, we got caught by the manager in 1 place who had a right go at us and then we were promptly booted out onto the street by the 2 MMA looking bouncers. Luckily, it was early doors so nothing got out of hand. Funny enough it was more embarrassing than the fact we were all dressed as the characters from Mario Kart. :crylol:

Straight after we made Princess Peach do a lap of the square in his toy car and finish off a bottle a vodka as he went before we moved on to the next venue. That was a great stag to be fair.
wolf359
Has liked: 1592 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Being ill, I just can’t stay awake, slept about 40 of the last 48 hours. Never felt so tried. Been ‘off’ since Saturday, time it sodded off!
southbrishammer
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

S-H wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:19 pm People who pronounce Data as Dah-tah rather than Day-tah

Burn in hell!!
Useless memory: there was a brainiac kid in my primary school who tried to explain to anyone who would listen the difference between daytah and dahtah. He didn't have many friends.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2889 likes
Total likes: 617 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

S-H wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:19 pm People who pronounce Data as Dah-tah rather than Day-tah

Burn in hell!!

🤣🤣🤣
Rocketron
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:37 pm It is. I did it all the time on my last holiday until my girlfriend reminded me it was all inclusive.
Hang on, you had a girlfriend? :winker:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Rocketron wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:27 pm Hang on, you had a girlfriend? :winker:
I have, yes. I asked her to marry me quite a number of years ago and she said yes. Luckily I think she's forgotten all about that now.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:08 pm I have, yes. I asked her to marry me quite a number of years ago and she said yes. Luckily I think she's forgotten all about that now.
She's probably thinking the same.. :crylol:
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Musicals.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by smuts »

The bloke sitting near me in the pub who's got the most annoyingly loud grating voice.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1855 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The Lingard thread still being on page one of GD instead of being locked.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

There's no reason for it to be locked. They only ever get locked for a valid reason, and as it's still popping up on the front page, there is clearly still discussion to be had, which vindicates our reason to not lock it in the first place...