Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by wolf359 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:58 am The war criminal Tony Blair being Knighted. :thdn:
Hopefully it is a trap and the sword will 'slip.'
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

'Raid Shadow Legends' adverts on main stream media. Long have we suffered them sponsoring every game related video, blog, podcast etc. But now they have gone mainstream. That Pay-2-win laden piece of **** deserves to burn.

Horrible game, driven buy horrible physiological tactics that have been well honed in the gambling industry. It and the like should be banned.

I hope Goldblum understands what he is advertising and feels suitably ashamed.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

-DL- wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:03 am NHS Test & Trace.
Absolutely ****ing hopeless.
That's what we get when the Govt hardly spent anything on it...
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

wolf359 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:57 pm '
Horrible game, driven buy horrible physiological tactics that have been well honed in the gambling industry. It and the like should be banned.

Could you please explain a bit further please Wolfie as I'd like to know what these tactics are as I play this game most days and do find it addictive.
Eastcote
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Eastcote »

The Masked Singer whats the point? HD/4k does no favor's for the judges and winning a camper van please...... dont start me on the compare what ever his name is.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

My missus
My neighbours
My mate
Insomnia
Not winning the lottery
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

Rio wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:32 pm My missus
My neighbours
My mate
Insomnia
Not winning the lottery
Not winning the lottery is a continual irritant of mine!
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Callum Rydz's haircut.

A comb over and around for a bloke who hasn't got a bald spot?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1789 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

"Moore than this" and "Moore than that". Cringeworthy doesn't come close.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Samba wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:28 pm Some of the c*nts getting gongs in the New Year's Honours list...
Mind you, that applies every year..
The whole thing is a nonsense anyway.

"Here's a pointless trinket that means nothing so that the public can see famous people kneeling before the Monarchy" is what it's all about.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Was due to have a minor procedure this morning - just a routine investigation, nothing to worry about - and I've woken up all snotty with a sore throat. Negative LFT, and had a negative PCR yesterday too - but the hospital have postponed because of my symptoms.

It's not to do with Covid apparently, they don't want to put me under with a cold. Still frustrating nonetheless as it's the second postponement of it.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

-DL- wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:51 am Was due to have a minor procedure this morning - just a routine investigation, nothing to worry about - and I've woken up all snotty with a sore throat. Negative LFT, and had a negative PCR yesterday too - but the hospital have postponed because of my symptoms.

It's not to do with Covid apparently, they don't want to put me under with a cold. Still frustrating nonetheless as it's the second postponement of it.
The Law of Sod, mate.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

I broke the lid of my toilet seat at weekend just by sitting down on it... I weigh a modest 11 stone before the jokes start.

Having emailed the makers, I have been told it is purely decorative, not to be sat on and so not carried by the guarantee. A replacement, if I was to buy a like for like, £110. £160 for a soft close one. :crylol:

I see where they are going with it in the wording to try and snake out of it as they call it a WC seat & cover. But this bull**** isn't it? I've never come across a toilet I couldn't sit on when the 'cover' was down. Especially one that costs so bloody much.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1789 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Whoa there, rewind a bit. £!00 for a toilet seat :shock:
djclipz

Post by djclipz »

Tell me about it! I was rather shocked myself. When I do get a replacement it won't be an original.

Also when I say broke it, I mean it cracked straight down the middle instantly.
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 253 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

djclipz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:20 am I have been told it is purely decorative, not to be sat on and so not carried by the guarantee.
What?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

djclipz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:20 am I broke the lid of my toilet seat at weekend just by sitting down on it... I weigh a modest 11 stone before the jokes start.

Having emailed the makers, I have been told it is purely decorative, not to be sat on and so not carried by the guarantee. A replacement, if I was to buy a like for like, £110. £160 for a soft close one. :crylol:

I see where they are going with it in the wording to try and snake out of it as they call it a WC seat & cover. But this bull**** isn't it? I've never come across a toilet I couldn't sit on when the 'cover' was down. Especially one that costs so bloody much.
They're trying it on there, the clue is in the name "seat", i.e it is for sitting. It's not called just a "cover".

How old is it? They may be obligated to attempt a repair under the consumer goods act 2015, if said act applies to khazis.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

They'll blag it and say the top bit is a toilet seat cover. The bottom bit (quite literally the bottom bit!) is where you sit. That's the seat, and that's what they'll say.

TBH, anyone that pays 100 notes for a bog-seat deserves everything they get :winker:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

djclipz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:20 am I broke the lid of my toilet seat at weekend just by sitting down on it... I weigh a modest 11 stone before the jokes start.

Glen Johnson nervously likes this post
djclipz

Post by djclipz »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:36 pm What?
That was pretty much my response.
sendô wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:03 pm They're trying it on there, the clue is in the name "seat", i.e it is for sitting. It's not called just a "cover".

How old is it? They may be obligated to attempt a repair under the consumer goods act 2015, if said act applies to khazis.
WC Seat & Cover is their name for it. Probably 6 years now, so a bit of a stretch but I am thinking what to argue back because I simply didn't like their response. It's ridiculous, where am I meant to sit to cut my toe nails? :crylol:
-DL- wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:10 pm TBH, anyone that pays 100 notes for a bog-seat deserves everything they get
I'm with you there, it came with the house though unfortunately and for 100 notes you get no soft close and a new feature that I wasn't aware of on toilet seats, quick release! :grin:

I'm convinced they build these new houses with all these fancy '*luxury*' products knowing full well the quality on most is crap and they can charge you extortionate fees to fix them. Case and point, about 3 months after we moved in the shower over the bath went. b*stard thing was made by Aqualisa.