Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

V-M
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by V-M »

jastons wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:58 pm I've never had VM until this week.
I can assure you it never happened sir.
jastons
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by jastons »

V-M wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:32 pm I can assure you it never happened sir.
That's the issue! :lol:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2707 likes

Post by sendô »

I've broken yet another iphone screen.

Annoyingly this one isn't smashed, the little flat cable inside has cracked, split and now severed where I've had to take the screen off to tighten up the screws on the on/off button.

Their software may be great but their hardware is god awful cheap pish.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1850 likes
Total likes: 2106 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^^Built down to a price in a Chinese slave shop. Yours for a thousand quid.
wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

sendô wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:49 pm I've broken yet another iphone screen.

Annoyingly this one isn't smashed, the little flat cable inside has cracked, split and now severed where I've had to take the screen off to tighten up the screws on the on/off button.

Their software may be great but their hardware is god awful cheap pish.
I’ve had an iPhone from version 3G in 2008 currently got a 13) and never so much a scratched a screen. Had a bloke I worked with who could change a screen in 5 minutes, he had plenty of practice, his 2 daughters and misses seemed to break them weekly. Never could work out what they did with them.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1874 likes
Total likes: 471 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

chigwells finest wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:20 am who did you cruise with ?
P&O, to be fair there was an issue in Amsterdam, because of unfinished work in the docks, the Cunard Queen Mary II also docked in Le Harve instead of Amsterdam.
The most annoying thing was that there was no warning and no planning on their part to the point where there was no transport available in port and no opportunity to plan any trips of our own. On top of that two of the restaurants were closed for the whole trip, which wasn't advertised. All in all a bit of a **** show, a shame as we've sailed with them twice before and had a good time.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Eggchaser wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:48 pm P&O, to be fair there was an issue in Amsterdam, because of unfinished work in the docks, the Cunard Queen Mary II also docked in Le Harve instead of Amsterdam.
The most annoying thing was that there was no warning and no planning on their part to the point where there was no transport available in port and no opportunity to plan any trips of our own. On top of that two of the restaurants were closed for the whole trip, which wasn't advertised. All in all a bit of a **** show, a shame as we've sailed with them twice before and had a good time.
thats a shame, just come back off the queen victoria 4 day mini cruise , we did a p & o 3 years ago and it was just a piss up all round
Eggchaser

Post by Eggchaser »

chigwells finest wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:31 pm thats a shame, just come back off the queen victoria 4 day mini cruise , we did a p & o 3 years ago and it was just a piss up all round
Yes, ours was a 4 night cruise too.
Funnily enough our first choice was the Queen Mary II which went to Bruges and was then supposed to go to Amsterdam but it was sold out.

Where did you go?
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 494 likes
Total likes: 1972 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Eggchaser wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:40 pm Booking a short cruise to Amsterdam and being told on the morning of departure that we were now going to Cherbourg and Le Havre instead.
Lash up in Amsterdam this weekend being ditched due to shortage of security staff at Schiphol leading to cancellation of flights.

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022/09 ... -lines-bui
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1669 likes
Total likes: 518 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

So I book a trip to London for a weekend - next Fri to Sunday - and get a great return fare at £40!

Now Book the hotel. I get on all the usual travel hotel site and guess what - two nights in London is no cheaper thatn £350!!! Fook that, I'm now gonna stay round a relatives.

There's a cost of living crisis on and the average price of a 1 bed hotel for 2 nights is north of £425 !!

Unbelievable.
jastons
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by jastons »

WHU Independent wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:20 pm There's a cost of living crisis on and the average price of a 1 bed hotel for 2 nights is north of £425 !!

Unbelievable.
The hotel chains will be similarly affected by the cost of living crisis, no? I'm not suggesting they are not making a good profit but they will be facing increased costs too.
r99c
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 396 likes

Post by r99c »

WHU Independent wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:20 pm So I book a trip to London for a weekend - next Fri to Sunday - and get a great return fare at £40!

Now Book the hotel. I get on all the usual travel hotel site and guess what - two nights in London is no cheaper thatn £350!!! Fook that, I'm now gonna stay round a relatives.

There's a cost of living crisis on and the average price of a 1 bed hotel for 2 nights is north of £425 !!

Unbelievable.
Used to book hotels for work from 2017-2020 when I was in the 'travel' department of business support. Had an £80/night limit for non-cities and £130/night limit for cities. Fast forward to yesterday when I'm looking for a room for a night in Manchester for me and the missus. Absolutely staggering prices these days, even the Premier Inn was like £190. Think car hire has gone the same way too.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

WHU Independent wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:20 pm So I book a trip to London for a weekend - next Fri to Sunday - and get a great return fare at £40!

Unbelievable.
if by next weekend you mean friday 30th until sunday 2nd
its the london marathon next weekend, prob doesnt help the cost
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1868 likes
Total likes: 2490 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Decided to rebuild the garden at the start of the year. Our builder is now working on rebuilding/decorating the kitchen, and we're now close to 250% of the original budget. Everything looking a lot nicer, but f*ck me, talk about "scope creep".
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Trying to read skynews on the internet recently, all these adverts are blocking the screen and if you try to schroll past them the advert stays in the way with what you are trying to read moving behind the advert.

anyone know how to get around this. I already use an ad blocker.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Eggchaser wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:32 pm Yes, ours was a 4 night cruise too.
Funnily enough our first choice was the Queen Mary II which went to Bruges and was then supposed to go to Amsterdam but it was sold out.

Where did you go?
guernsey & Brugge, the latter was beautiful, really great city , lots to do , Guernsey is very quaint and you can do the town in about 2 hours
Eggchaser

Post by Eggchaser »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:02 pm Lash up in Amsterdam this weekend being ditched due to shortage of security staff at Schiphol leading to cancellation of flights.

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022/09 ... -lines-bui
Blimey! Docks screwed, airport screwed, I bet all the businesses that rely on tourism in Amsterdam are well chuffed.

At least you don't have to go to Cherbourg though :grin:
Eggchaser

Post by Eggchaser »

chigwells finest wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:18 pm guernsey & Brugge, the latter was beautiful, really great city , lots to do , Guernsey is very quaint and you can do the town in about 2 hours
Nice :coolas: I've been to Guernsey and Jersey a few times, the guvnor and I actually said to each other that we'd have happily been diverted there rather than Cherbourg.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

These Bastards!

Could easily demolish a pack in one sitting!
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

Posh b*stard, eat Custard Creams like the rest of us :grin: