Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by ageing hammer »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :shocker:

https://news.sky.com/story/the-end-of-a ... e-12747298
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

So after a few odour absorbing devices in the room for a couple of days, I think there's an improvement with the dead rat smell. I can't be certain as the room is my mother-in-laws room and if I'm honest I'm finding it difficult right now to distinguish the smell of dead rats from the smell of old ladies.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^^^^ :crylol:

Borrow a Jack Russell, that'll find it. The rat, not the old lady.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:15 pm ^^^^^^ :crylol:

Borrow a Jack Russell, that'll find it. The rat, not the old lady.
I've so far narrowed it down to the wall cavities, or under the floorboards, or up above - or in other words, I haven't narrowed it down at all. The smell just seems evenly spread across the whole room. We have heard them before in wall cavities and under floorboards and I'm pretty sure they're coming from next door but can't prove it. The missus seems to think it's much improved since a placed a few odour eliminators around the room. Still smells to me but like I said, it might just be the smell of old ladies. We do have a dog - mixed breed but quite a lot of hound in it - so I may let it into the room tomorrow to have a sniff around.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

last.caress wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:03 am Doesn't so much irritate me as it does bemuse me since I've no foreskin

Mindbending.
Same when I drop my nipper off, i park a 5 minute walk away, always get to Schule on time but the absolute scenes of twats in their arseholemobiles is a thing to see.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Burnley: Dunno why you're mucking about with odour-covering or considering digging the wall out, let alone being advised to set a Jack Russel to deal with what is clearly a case of Demonic Haunting. You need an exorcist, simples!
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Your local council should have a pest controller (they used to be free, but not sure now). Either way don't send any dog /cat/ferret in after it (unless you don't much care for it)... Good chance, if it's come from next door it'll be full of warfarin.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Tenbury wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:18 am Your local council should have a pest controller (they used to be free, but not sure now). Either way don't send any dog /cat/ferret in after it (unless you don't much care for it)... Good chance, if it's come from next door it'll be full of warfarin.
I was wondering if the dig would be able to find the source. It won't actually be exposed to it as I'm still convinced it's either rotting under the floorboards somewhere or in a wall cavity. I think I'd rather manage the smell than start dismantling the house but I thought if the dog could find the right area, I'd know where to concentrate the odour eliminators. We had this problem last spring too but downstairs. Turned into a bluebottle infestation which was fun. Used to spend every morning with a rolled up newspaper swatting like mad.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:50 pm We used to knock a bit out of one end and stick a long length of 4x2 or 6x2 in and just hang off it and bring it down in sections. The dust is something else and very harsh on the throat and eyes due to the lime in the mortar mix.
Also 'should' be tested for anthrax (IIRC) due to the horsehair that was used in the plaster.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Work just provided me with an Iphone 14 upgrade.

The first Apple phone I've had whilst working here.

The ****ing c**** at Apple don't even give you a charger. Just a USB C to Lightning cable (which is f*** all use to me currently)

Oh I'll just buy myself a plug shall I, before I can use your thousand pound phone?
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Yeah, but think of the planet, whitey..
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Oh yes, silly me.

I should have known that not providing the plug would save us from global warming, my mistake.

I'd imagine the production of the phone itself in China is done on a carbon net zero basis.

Penny pinching bastards.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

White Goodman wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:17 pm Oh yes, silly me.

I should have known that not providing the plug would save us from global warming, my mistake.

I'd imagine the production of the phone itself in China is done on a carbon net zero basis.

Penny pinching bastards.
Does it have a headphone socket?
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

jastons wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:12 pm Does it have a headphone socket?
are they not looking to ditch all sockets in upcoming generations? so it will all be wireless.
Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Deepster »

Audi wrote to me today… due a shortage of stock, we would like to buy your car. And, then in the next paragraph, telling me that there is a big delay in delivering new cars.
If I did chop it in, what are they expecting me to drive, whilst I’m waiting for the new one.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Deepster wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:00 pm Audi wrote to me today… due a shortage of stock, we would like to buy your car. And, then in the next paragraph, telling me that there is a big delay in delivering new cars.
If I did chop it in, what are they expecting me to drive, whilst I’m waiting for the new one.
Something with indicators and a built in anti-tailgating device?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

White Goodman wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:06 pm Work just provided me with an Iphone 14 upgrade.

The first Apple phone I've had whilst working here.

The ****ing ***** at Apple don't even give you a charger. Just a USB C to Lightning cable (which is **** all use to me currently)

Oh I'll just buy myself a plug shall I, before I can use your thousand pound phone?
Samsung done exactly the same with their S22. :thdn:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Deepster wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:00 pm Audi wrote to me today… due a shortage of stock, we would like to buy your car. And, then in the next paragraph, telling me that there is a big delay in delivering new cars.
Mrs Eggs had something similar from Renault.

She opted for a brand new vehicle sitting in their showroom. They couldnt say no.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:20 pm Samsung done exactly the same with their S22. :thdn:
https://www.makeuseof.com/why-dont-smar ... s-anymore/

plenty of reasons why.

During the iPhone 12 launch in 2020, Apple declared it would not include Lightning headphones and a charging brick in the box. The rationale behind this decision is that most iPhone users already have Lightning headphones, and more are switching to wireless earbuds.

The company also said there were already over 2 billion Apple power adapters out there, with more made by other manufacturers. Considering these numbers, Apple decided not to include these items in the box anymore, thus reducing resource consumption while at the same time allowing the iPhone packaging to be smaller.

And because the iPhone box is more compact, Apple could ship up to 70% more phones in one container, thus reducing its logistical carbon footprint.

I mean I use USB sockets around my house which do most of the charging, or just use one of the tones of chargers I have had over the years
Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Deepster »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:04 pm Something with indicators and a built in anti-tailgating device?
That rules out BMWs then