Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

'stone hammer
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 534 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by 'stone hammer »

The Americanism of replacing the word 'very' with 'super'.

It's super annoying.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

'stone hammer wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:25 pm The Americanism of replacing the word 'very' with 'super'.

It's super annoying.
It's like........super annoooooooying.
hammer etc
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by hammer etc »

You by a watch and replace the battery every year or so. You buy one from apple and have to charge it every day.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

He’s a nice lad but Pete in the pub is very drunk and chatting absolute crap at anyone and everyone. I wish he’d piss off!
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Can't you have a word with Nige and Phil?
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:49 pm He’s a nice lad but Pete in the pub is very drunk and chatting absolute crap at anyone and everyone. I wish he’d piss off!
See, that's the downside to pubs & alcohol..
jastons
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 851 likes

Post by jastons »

hammer etc wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:16 pm You by a watch and replace the battery every year or so. You buy one from apple and have to charge it every day.
I have never understood why fitbits, apple watches etc don't have a kinetic battery
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Only being 5’6”.

Really not great when you’re at a concert, especially when a bunch of taller folk barge in front of you and stand there. Barstewards! At least check you’re not blocking someone else’s view.

Also having a couple of minor anxiety issues due to the crowd, just wish I could be normal sometimes (and possibly a little taller).
Jennings
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by Jennings »

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:25 am Only being 5’6”.

Really not great when you’re at a concert, especially when a bunch of taller folk barge in front of you and stand there. Barstewards! At least check you’re not blocking someone else’s view.

Also having a couple of minor anxiety issues due to the crowd, just wish I could be normal sometimes (and possibly a little taller).
Perhaps we could have a Being a Little Thing Irritates You thread?

Anyway, hold my beer brother because I used to have to take a box to stand on in the East Stand. I’m half an inch shorter than you so I always brought one of those little blue merchandising boxes that you used to see Rawlbolts and the like stored in at builders’ merchants back in the day. I’d balance on tip toes on the upturned box just so I could see the pitch.

If the b*stard that pushed me off it just before Stuart Slater scored against Everton in the FA Cup twenty odd years ago, is a poster here ...... I’m still angry. 😂

Other than that I actually like being short. I’d much rather be 5’5 than 6’5. 👍
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Samba wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:28 pm See, that's the downside to pubs & alcohol..
First time he’s been that bad.

It’s amazing how cliquey some pubs can be. I’ve barred myself from two in this area. One where the gaffer has his favourites and everyone else can f*** off (I kid you not) and the other where staff would rather chat than serve. People give up waiting and walk out.

There’s a lovely karaoke night on a Monday in my favourite pub. It’s become the best night of the week and, without wishing to sound big headed, I’ve a little fan base who ask me to sing certain songs for them!
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Still getting s**tloads of "Black Friday" emails.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Buy one thing online and you’ll get bombarded. I don’t recall the last meaningful e-mail I received.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:24 pm Buy one thing online and you’ll get bombarded. I don’t recall the last meaningful e-mail I received.
But this is it Jim.

I can pretty much stomach and instantly delete the emails leading up to "Black Friday" (another American import), but when "Black Friday" was done and dusted two days ago, just please f**k off.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 891 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Jennings wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:52 pm Other than that I actually like being short. I’d much rather be 5’5 than 6’5. 👍
I'm 6ft 5, but don't really realise it until someone points it out if that makes sense. Then you suddenly realise that pretty much everyone else in the venue/pub/whatever is shorter.

My main issue with being tall is getting trainers and shoes. I'm a 13 but most brands only go up to a 12. Shoes aren't too bad, but any trainer in a 13 just looks silly.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1852 likes
Total likes: 2106 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Robert Wadlow, if you're wondering. 8' 11"
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 891 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Any pictures of his trainers? :lol:
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

Cyber Monday and Black Friday

If you have been looking for something in particular and can pick it up cheaper then fair dos. I got an XBox and Laptop for my kids Christmas presents but i had been looking at getting them for a while, saved myself nearly £150 overall.

However, the thing that irritates me is people that say they are going to get something just because it is Black Friday/Cyber Monday and it will be cheap. They end up buying something that they never was in the first place!

I have a mate at work who has been struggling with a few debts, yet he tells me on Friday he is going to log on and see what he can find so he will end up buying a TV as it was "cheaper" and, "in the sale", even though he never even thought about getting one before hand so not really saving anything.

On the other hand I've not seen the usual pictures of people queuing up at 2am, to rush into Asda to buy a crap TV and then start fighting with people over it. Times must be hard.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1852 likes
Total likes: 2106 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

It's not much different to a trip to Lidl on a 'special' day. You go for some bread and milk, come back with a mig welder and full scuba outfit.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:43 pm Robert Wadlow, if you're wondering. 8' 11"
Hung like a sparrow apparently.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:07 pm It's not much different to a trip to Lidl on a 'special' day. You go for some bread and milk, come back with a mig welder and full scuba outfit.
Even better than that!