Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

HSBC banking app.

I just noticed today that my banking app needed updating, but there’s not a new update for my phone (it’s a bit old). So tried to set it up on the iPad. . . . But guess what you need a secure key which guess what? Can only be accessed by the (now defunct) app!

I had to phone up to get a new secure key which will be here in 7-10 days.

Not sure if I’m more irritated by the app, the bank or not upgrading my phone sooner!

:fsake:
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Not a little thing but a ****ing big thing. Solicitors knowing we are due to exchange contracts on a property today only to find out the solicitor at the bottom of the chain has missed something and it’s now not happening today, chucking funts :furrow:
bobby0303
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by bobby0303 »

Francoisvander or else wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:03 pm Not a little thing but a ****ing big thing. Solicitors knowing we are due to exchange contracts on a property today only to find out the solicitor at the bottom of the chain has missed something and it’s now not happening today, chucking funts :furrow:
Had a moan about solicitors myself a few pages back. I feel your irritation - we also ended up missing our exchange day because the solicitor at the start of the chain informed everyone, on the very day of exchange, that they would only be available between 1pm and 2pm... and they only told everyone at 1:30pm having gone completely missing for the first half of the day.

They did the same thing on completion day. We had moved out by 10am and ended up sitting in the car, with the dog, waiting to pick up the keys for the new house until 4pm. We were not happy, the removals people were not happy, and it ended up costing us extra to have them sitting on our new driveway waiting for the keys.

Ours have been s*** throughout too. We took a bit of equity out of our sale and they are claiming to have 'lost' it.

Estate agents, used car salesmen, politicians, bankers, the taxman and traffic wardens have nothing on solicitors, the absolute cretins.
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

People who can't arrive on time. Yes, sometimes it can't be avoided and I'm sure we've all been late before but it you are regularly late then maybe it's time to change your routine?
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 488 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

jastons wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:10 am People who can't arrive on time. Yes, sometimes it can't be avoided and I'm sure we've all been late before but it you are regularly late then maybe it's time to change your routine?
Got to admit, I'm pretty bad for that. Either I turn up about an hour early, or 15 minutes late. Most of the time I can't even see where I'm going wrong.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

jastons wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:10 am People who can't arrive on time. Yes, sometimes it can't be avoided and I'm sure we've all been late before but it you are regularly late then maybe it's time to change your routine?
I'll raise those who don't give a f*** about it and play up on it as it's a 'quirk' of their personality and find it funny.

There was a driver at a garage where I worked behind the counter that was ALWAYS late - but he was also mates with the others behind the counter and nothing was ever done about it. I'd book him, and the report would disappear off of the system. He proper took the piss, and would roll his bus out or take over 10-15 late, stitching the previous driver up that was finishing or coming off for his break, or losing mileage.

Management done f*** all about it, citing 'oh that's just him'.

He soon sorted his life out when a new manager came him and I booked him for it each and every time and the new one acted upon it.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

I hate arriving late. Even on time makes me feel late

I like 15-30 mins early .. never know what will happen on the way

However when you have a mate who's 15-30 late your twiddling your thumbs for an hour sometimes
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Our old RSM always said if you are 5 minutes early, you are already late.
Hate being late, obsessively so.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Sanctimonious people.
Everywhere.
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

-DL- wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:58 am I'll raise those who don't give a **** about it and play up on it as it's a 'quirk' of their personality and find it funny.
My ex-misses and MIL. time is some ‘male’ construct they choose to never follow. Always late when picking up our daughter. I’m amazed how they have held down jobs. Ex-MIL will be late to her own funeral. But it’s ‘the way I am’ so it’s ok.

She Went to the zoo a couple of weeks ago. Told me they’d pick up our daughter from me at 830, arrived at 945.

Not a sorry, message nothing. Arrived it was as if she was on time and we’d not been hanging about for 75 minutes for them to decide to appear. It’s a strange concept I just don’t understand, she set the time, if she’d said 945 we’d been ready then.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

The Lovely Ms. Eggs has got massively into Taskmaster and she's catching up on all the past series. She's currently half way through the series that featured Nish Kumar..........

I'd forgotten what an annoying, unfunny c**t he is.
Larrakeyah Hammer
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 164 likes

Post by Larrakeyah Hammer »

100%

As a person who is an early arriver and plans my time to ensure I am . Late especially constantly late people infuriate me
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 178 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Just done an online AWS exam. Got to the end... hang on, where's my result? Read the small print... "you'll be notified your result is ready within 5 business days". WTF??? :swear: it's a multiple-choice exam, how TF can it take 5 days to get a result? :swear:

Bunch of :clown:
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Kludgehammer wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:26 pm Just done an online AWS exam. Got to the end... hang on, where's my result? Read the small print... "you'll be notified your result is ready within 5 business days". WTF??? :swear: it's a multiple-choice exam, how TF can it take 5 days to get a result? :swear:

Never come across that on a vendor exam, never done an AWS one but done several other vendors. Was it a very high level one?
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Kludgehammer wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:26 pm Just done an online AWS exam. Got to the end... hang on, where's my result? Read the small print... "you'll be notified your result is ready within 5 business days". WTF??? :swear: it's a multiple-choice exam, how TF can it take 5 days to get a result? :swear:

The company I work for use AWS exclusively and the monthly cost is nothing short of shocking. What makes it worse is that it's tax payer's money that they're spunking on systems that could quite easily be run in a private cloud or even a local DMZ - oh no, the developers want their own little playground and duly go and spin up VMs and forget about them for months, all the while they're costing the company thousands.
bigcarpchaser
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by bigcarpchaser »

Fire pits
F off and burn your smelly ***** somewhere else.
Heathens
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Picked the wrong weekend for a three day hangover.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 178 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

wolf359 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:04 pm Never come across that on a vendor exam, never done an AWS one but done several other vendors. Was it a very high level one?
Depends what you call High level, I suppose - it was associate level of AWS Certified Solution Architect.

And I heard from them this morning that I passed, so no longer irritated :smiler:
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

I think for the first time ever in 44 years on this Earth I have hayfever, went for a bike ride Saturday and had hay fever symptoms, just been out for a walk this lunch time and again, my nose won't stop running, my eyes are burning and my throat hurts. Never had this before until the weekend. Odd that is could suddenly appear, hopefully it is some weird one off.

Also the BBC website - how many millions of licence fees did these bloody awful logos cost

dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1872 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

wolf359 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:03 pm I think for the first time ever in 44 years on this Earth I have hayfever, went for a bike ride Saturday and had hay fever symptoms, just been out for a walk this lunch time and again, my nose won't stop running, my eyes are burning and my throat hurts. Never had this before until the weekend. Odd that is could suddenly appear, hopefully it is some weird one off.
After many years of my wife scoffing and sneering at my occasional and largely infrequent bouts of hay fever, it is both gratifying and hilarious to witness her experiencing the full gamut of symptoms this year.