Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

My ex (Eggs Jnr's. 1 and 2's mum) could top the lot!

I could tidy the kitchen up, go into the living room, go back about 10 minutes later and it would look like I hadn't done a thing. When he boys were still in primary school, I would dread The Summer and Christmas fetes. She always got VERY involved in them to the point where nothing else mattered. On a bad day, I'd come home from a hard days collar and I literally could not open the front door for s**t everywhere!

And she was up there with the lights. There was many occasions when every light (and I mean EVERY light) would be left on. Even the one in the loft. The only reason I knew that one was on, was because there's a small window and I could see it.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

wolf359 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:36 am My daughters use of room lights. Turns them on a complete daylight and then leaves them on when she’s not in the room. I’ve going to start taking bulbs out
You're not alone. My stepson and wife are terrible for this. I spend half the day turning lights off.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:32 am Same here, drives me potty!

She leaves the TV on when she goes out. It's annoying hearing it when I'm working upstairs as it's faint enough that I'm not entirely sure until I check, but more annoying is when she has casted Netflix or something so when she leaves it stays on but on the Chromecast screen.

She leaves lights on all the time, doesn't put her toothbrush or toothpaste back in the pots, hairclips everywhere, clothes tags left on the side when removed, knife left on the new marble worktops when she's made a sandwich rather than put it in the dishwasher (that I empty first thing in the morning), empty tea mug on the side.

Most annoyingly, since having our second child, she is malting like a bloody Labrador, leaving a nice little tuft of hair on the side after a shower.

Felt good to rant, back to work.
You do realise that this is exactly what 99% of women complain about their husbands.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Rocketron wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:35 pm You do realise that this is exactly what 99% of women complain about their husbands.
I thought it was leaving skidders in the toilet?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Jarrod, i love you mate, but having to click you off every time i want to move onto the next page is really annoying.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 619 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:53 pm I thought it was leaving skidders in the toilet?
First thing I saw with my first taste of lunch. Ta! :newthumb:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

On hols in Italy at present; the whole place is lovely as have been every single person we've met and tried to speak to, but....

....their driving is nuts! They have this special skill of arriving almost a foot away from your bumper, in the fast lane, and, if you're not speeding like a madman, flashing their lights and bibbing, until you pull over. On the way from the airport yesterday (having made the error of deciding to drive from Milan -> Chiavari on the coast) some idiot didn't just do all of that until I pulled over, but then pulled in front of me and dabbed on his brakes, before, again, shredding the speed limit to catch up with the next tourist driver.

We got in a taxi, for my f-i-l's birthday meal today in Portofino and the bloke driving it may as well have been practising his rallying skills.

I'm getting too old for this kind of thing! My already grey hair is starting to fall out :crylol:
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

EVERYTHING!

Going back to work after two weeks off.
People that can’t queue for a bus properly
Every advert at the moment especially the PG Tips one
My job (still) but working on an escape.

:cried:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

prophet:marginal wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:53 pm On hols in Italy at present; the whole place is lovely as have been every single person we've met and tried to speak to, but....

....their driving is nuts!

We were in an Espace-style taxi from central Rome to Fumicino airport. The driver, as you rightly say, was driving at 150kph a metre from the bumper of the car in front. He had a mobile phone in each hand, and was steering with his knees.
Algarve Hammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Algarve Hammer »

My Wife. That is all.

This is not a little thing.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Algarve Hammer wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:46 pm My Wife. That is all.

This is not a little thing.
Women can be so cruel.

It's what you do with it that counts.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:34 pm We were in an Espace-style taxi from central Rome to Fumicino airport. The driver, as you rightly say, was driving at 150kph a metre from the bumper of the car in front. He had a mobile phone in each hand, and was steering with his knees.
I felt a shiver go down my spine reading that!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

When you are stopped in traffic and you politely wave someone out who are trying to come out of a side road or petrol station etc..
And they glare at you and drive away, no hand gesture to say thanks not even a smile, nothing.

c****
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:34 pm We were in an Espace-style taxi from central Rome to Fumicino airport. The driver, as you rightly say, was driving at 150kph a metre from the bumper of the car in front. He had a mobile phone in each hand, and was steering with his knees.
Roman taxi drivers are ambassadors of the highway code in Italy compared to other parts. The more south you go of Rome the more atrocious the driving gets. When you hit the outskirts of Sorrento expect 3 cars and a vespa all trying to overtake or undertake each other all coming at you. That's where you learn what white knuckle ride actually means!
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Got bit on the shin by a false widow spider a few days ago and my leg is now turning black. F*cking OW!
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

Beeps.
Everything in my house ****ing beeps.
The stove, the microwave, the fridge, the clothes rack, even the milk frother.
Get off my ****ing back, you bastards.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 619 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Same in Riyadh. Bloke was managing 2 mobiles constantly and speeding. It was when we struck and mounted the kerb that I finally had an angry word about wanting the use of my legs when I got home. He didn't speak English though.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 942 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

vietnammer wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:27 am Same in Riyadh. Bloke was managing 2 mobiles constantly and speeding. It was when we struck and mounted the kerb that I finally had an angry word about wanting the use of my legs when I got home. He didn't speak English though.
Not sure, but sounds like you wanted to do the driving
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

spod wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:45 am Beeps.
Everything in my house ****ing beeps.
The stove, the microwave, the fridge, the clothes rack, even the milk frother.
Get off my ****ing back, you bastards.
I'm lucky ( I guess ) I am deaf and even with my state of the art hearing aids I cannot hear any of those sounds,

Unfortunately though also including fire alarm bells, smoke alarms or bicycle bells :angryred:
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 942 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

ageing hammer wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:39 am I'm lucky ( I guess ) I am deaf and even with my state of the art hearing aids I cannot hear any of those sounds,

Unfortunately though also including fire alarm bells, smoke alarms or bicycle bells :angryred:
AH, I can do you a lovely range of silent alarms if you want.

So rather than having loads of noisy alarms sounding, your home can be filled with strobes, vibrating cushions and pillows.

That way, you'll be able to join in the fun of this thread. :newthumb: