Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by jastons »

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:15 am Not being able to place orders on Amazon.

Payment declines but there’s nothing wrong with it and I have funds.

I just wanted to rent Triangles of Sadness.
I had issues with amazon the other month. I think it was because I was using a visa instead of a mastercard.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Carol Vorderman, who’s somehow reinvented herself as a champion of the people, railing against the evils of capitalism. She must’ve forgotten the time she fronted a debt consolidation company that encouraged people to borrow themselves into negative equity.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Eggchaser wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:52 am Maybe for the same reason that people in my office, sorry women in my office, always asked me if I'd like to hold their new baby?
My response was, no thanks come back when you have a puppy.

I have never taken my dogs to work, but anyone that doesn't like dogs is a wrong'un as far as I'm concerned.
I like dogs but the big ones don't fit in my oven.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

cambridge hammer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:53 pm People started taking their dogs to the pub.Why? What makes you think i want to see your dog,trip over his lead,slip on his slobber.These are people who normally go to the pub so it's not an excuse to get out.
Even worse, 'dog friendly' restaurants.

I can take or leave dogs, but I had an incident once where a dog walked by my table with it's owner at an eatery that was dimply lit and the bloody thing shook itself, and the debris I could see in the beam of the ceiling light directly over our table was disgusting. Whatever crap was in it was now landing on my dinner.

We stopped eating and left, after telling the manager that we wasn't paying for the food - and to give him his dues he was very apologetic, but nonetheless - just for hygiene purposes alone, why should dogs be allowed where you sit and eat? I now always ask if a place is 'dog friendly' and whenever it is, I'm usually greeted with a smile and an 'of course' or words to that effect, but the smile disappears when I turn and walk out again, or I say thanks but no thanks if I'm calling to book a table.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Dogs shouldn’t be anywhere people are preparing or eating food, 100%.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:55 pm Dogs shouldn’t be anywhere people are preparing or eating food, 100%.
Unless you live in China..
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

jastons wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:37 pm I had issues with amazon the other month. I think it was because I was using a visa instead of a mastercard.
They resolved that dispute last year after threatening to remove Visa as a payment method.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... l-payments
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

S-H wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:23 pm Unless you live in China..
DPRK 👍
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Was up at Highams Park lake and a dog attacked a young child
Don't think it drew proper blood but t-shirt was ripped and there was a big gash on his side - and the poor child was obviously very distressed
The dad was much calmer than I would have been especially as the dog owners did not seem very apologetic. K was surprised that he didn't get the owners number so he could at least report the incident
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:55 pm Dogs shouldn’t be anywhere people are preparing or eating food, 100%.
Yep, seems a fashion accessoery now. at least in London
lots of young couples with little dogs who they bring to the pub with them
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

And this morning is was woken at 6.40 am by one of the neighbours dogs happily barking in the garden.

Selfish c****. Lucky this isn't the US or I'd be out there with my 12 gauge. :twisted:
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Some **** near us lets their dogs out every single night around 11-1130pm, at which point they bark their heads off for 10-15 minutes. With the way the sound echoes around the houses, I haven't managed to figure out even which street it's coming from
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

What owners and non owners views on dogs on leashes being allowed to walk up driveways and lay one out or piss up cars and bushes? Because the next time I see a dog being allowed to do it on mine I may not be able to hold myself back.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Jonah wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:35 am What owners and non owners views on dogs on leashes being allowed to walk up driveways and lay one out or piss up cars and bushes? Because the next time I see a dog being allowed to do it on mine I may not be able to hold myself back.
That's not on.

Take it up with owner of the dog.

I never let my Lab do his business on people's driveways or front lawns.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:15 am Not being able to place orders on Amazon.

Payment declines but there’s nothing wrong with it and I have funds.

I just wanted to rent Triangles of Sadness.
'Er indoors had the same issue last night as well. Looks like Amazon had a bit of a problem
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Truly only a little thing, and a fair amount of it is definitely me overthinking a situation and taking massive umbrage over a menial thing, but;

There’s a British Legion car park by my kids school that they very graciously allow people to park in - not many people know about it, so it’s not usually too much hassle getting a space, but every single day at pick up and drop off there’s a group of parents that take up 3 spaces by just loitering about like the gobshite middle class rabble that they are - ring led by a smug prick with a bicycle that no one ever actually sees him ride, but also has a massive Land Rover… a gaggle of bottle blonde bored housewives surround him, fawning over his every word all the time… proper knobheads who think everyone else is in their way and an inconvenience to them going about their day.

Anyway, today I cut right through the middle of em because “their” spaces were the only ones left, and they weren’t too happy with me. f*** offffffff.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I wasn't in for an Amazon delivery so they left it on a neighbours doorstep instead and sent me an email saying they'd delivered it to a neighbour. Not irritating as such... more puzzling.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

All these Amazon gripes, simple solution - stop using Amazon.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Arnold Layne wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:16 pm All these Amazon gripes, simple solution - stop using Amazon.
I agree with you 100%. I liken it to smoking. You know its not healthy, does nothing for anyone, but still do it as its easy.
kenthammer
Has liked: 245 likes
Total likes: 395 likes

Post by kenthammer »

David Seamen advert for double glazing,bet it took him months to learn his words