Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Col Hammer wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:37 pm Really little and petty, but bugs me that the Harrison Ashby thread has a full stop in the thread title but none of the other thread titles do
It's a long time KUMB convention. A full stop means that the sentence/statement is the business.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Col Hammer wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:37 pm Really little and petty, but bugs me that the Harrison Ashby thread has a full stop in the thread title but none of the other thread titles do
I have a few OCD tendencies, but not enough / or just not had seen it yet, but now I have, and of course is now annoying me.

May you stub your lil toe 3 times today an hour apart...
Col Hammer
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Col Hammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:39 pm I have a few OCD tendencies, but not enough / or just not had seen it yet, but now I have, and of course is now annoying me.

May you stub your lil toe 3 times today an hour apart...
Ooh that's really mean... :rofl:
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 178 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Just received a Notice of intended prosecution for doing 24 in a 20 limit through Holloway Rd, on a road with no other cars or pedestrians anywhere to be seen, and no reason for it to be 20 limit. Alright, fair cop, I'll take the punishment, but it's a bit ****ing galling when no less than 4 sociopaths on the North Cicrular came close to wiping us out, later the same day, and I'm damn sure they won't be pulled for driving like ****ing maniacs
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Kludgehammer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:00 pm Just received a Notice of intended prosecution for doing 24 in a 20 limit through Holloway Rd, on a road with no other cars or pedestrians anywhere to be seen, and no reason for it to be 20 limit. Alright, fair cop, I'll take the punishment, but it's a bit ****ing galling when no less than 4 sociopaths on the North Cicrular came close to wiping us out, later the same day, and I'm damn sure they won't be pulled for driving like ****ing maniacs
We live in quite a hilly area, in the most southerly bit of Lambeth/top of the enormous LB Croydon. It seems ridiculous to cap the motorised speed limit at 20mph on hills where your car does in excess of that just rolling forward.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Kludgehammer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:00 pm Just received a Notice of intended prosecution for doing 24 in a 20 limit through Holloway Rd, on a road with no other cars or pedestrians anywhere to be seen, and no reason for it to be 20 limit. Alright, fair cop, I'll take the punishment, but it's a bit ****ing galling when no less than 4 sociopaths on the North Cicrular came close to wiping us out, later the same day, and I'm damn sure they won't be pulled for driving like ****ing maniacs
First time I had to deal with the 20MPH limit thing was along the Embankment, they seem to cherry pick sections @20MPH without sufficient signage, the GPS is useless as the maps haven't been updated, so it was a case of driving @ 20MPH pretty much the whole length of the Embankment. :swear:

Cash machines, that's all drivers are to these people.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Yesterday.

Not so much irritate, but bloody well p*sses me right off.

Started so promising, get a call back from an agency that I had 'smashed' the interview I had attended on Monday. So the day started an an absolute high.

Then my daughter came across one of our cats in the evening, after getting a second opinion, vets confirmed he was dead. :cry: only a young cat, four maybe five years old.

Talk about a crushing fall in happiness levels.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:00 am First time I had to deal with the 20MPH limit thing was along the Embankment, they seem to cherry pick sections @20MPH without sufficient signage, the GPS is useless as the maps haven't been updated, so it was a case of driving @ 20MPH pretty much the whole length of the Embankment. :swear:

Cash machines, that's all drivers are to these people.
You'd do well to get above 20MPH along the Embankment.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Arch Dandy wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:52 am You'd do well to get above 20MPH along the Embankment.

:crylol:

Was during covid, when they closed up shop everywhere and suspended the congestion charge.

Truly a beautiful time to be driving. Made it from World's end estate in Chelsea to near Basildon, along the Embankment & A13 in around 40 minutes or so.

No traffic, no congestion charge, no dumb arse tourists stepping out into the road in front of cars, no cyclists, was like a Sunday night before a bank holiday. :lover:
r99c
Has liked: 708 likes
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by r99c »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:15 am :crylol:

Was during covid, when they closed up shop everywhere and suspended the congestion charge.

Truly a beautiful time to be driving. Made it from World's end estate in Chelsea to near Basildon, along the Embankment & A13 in around 40 minutes or so.

No traffic, no congestion charge, no dumb arse tourists stepping out into the road in front of cars, no cyclists, was like a Sunday night before a bank holiday. :lover:
Even with zero traffic that's some effort :grin: where's the speeeed emoji
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

r99c wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:24 am Even with zero traffic that's some effort :grin: where's the speeeed emoji
I know, couldn't believe it myself.

I live around 20 minutes away from Basildon, managed to get home in around an hour door to door.

It didn't last, had a few weeks of journeys like that, within 6 months it ended up being anywhere between an 1 1/2 hours - 2 1/2 hours, then had to start getting the trains again.. :cried:
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Filming everything on your phone when what you’re watching is being beamed across the world with plenty of opportunities to watch it back.

Weirdos.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Me and my lackadaisical disorganised ways. I was supposed to be running the yorkshire 3 peaks today but I've left all preparation until this morning and therefore spent so long faffing around that it's a bit too late now. I wanted to be there by 12. Postponed yet again till tomorrow. Wouldn't mind but half the stuff I've done this morning was totally unnecessary. Now I've reluctantly signed in to work.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:15 am

I was driving into the city from Elm Park in early April 2020. Door to door about 25 minutes. What a time to be alive.

I remember coasting down the middle lane on the A13 at about 8:30 in the morning midweek and there not being a single other car in sight.

Sadly by about mid May every other ****ing was driving in and ruining it.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

hammers92 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:00 am Filming everything on your phone when what you’re watching is being beamed across the world with plenty of opportunities to watch it back.

Weirdos.
Especially those that do it at concerts. Watching the whole thing through a crappy 4" screen
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Gormalysis wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:07 pm Especially those that do it at concerts. Watching the whole thing through a crappy 4" screen
To right.

Soon people will be using noise cancelling headphones to deaden the ambient sound, then stream the sound via the video.
WestSamToo
Has liked: 421 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by WestSamToo »

Gormalysis wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:07 pm Especially those that do it at concerts. Watching the whole thing through a crappy 4" screen
I would guess that 0.0000000000000000000000001%
of all that footage actually gets watched again. Probably not as much as that.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

How old is your phone?

Can't remember when you last had phones with anything under 6".
Jennings
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by Jennings »

WestSamToo wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:11 pm I would guess that 0.0000000000000000000000001%
of all that footage actually gets watched again. Probably not as much as that.
The point isn’t to watch it again. Ever.

The point is to post it on your social media accounts in order to demonstrate to all your non-mates, fake-mates, family members you actually ****ing hate - that you’re at the concert/ match/ festival/ whatever.

For these people it’s just not possible for them to have a great time unless they’re showing everyone else what a great time they’re having.

The irony being, that if only they put their phone down and became present in the moment, like really present in the moment, they would enjoy themselves so much more.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

I had the similar on the A2 near Bexley. Was gone midnight & not a soul in sight. 3 points & £100 for doing 57 in a 50.
Like you, I agree its a fair cop, but roads like that should be variable. Absolutely no reason to be doing 50 in those conditions