Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by -DL- »

Without meaning to spam the thread with my own posts - but, remember this from the Little things that irritate you thread?:
-DL- wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:51 pm And to top my day off, a former manager called me this afternoon asking me how did I fancy going to do some bus work up in Oban for the summer season, with accommodation etc all paid for for 6 months - just a week after a fail a driving assessment because of Lymphedema in my arm and hand :cried: :cried: :cried:
Well.

I had a call a couple of days ago from my former boss, who arranged me to go out with a local company down here today, for a quick drive in an Astromega Double Deck coach, as he had something else in mind for me.

I did fine in the assessment, and will be heading up to The Isle of Mull next week to take a position up that's driving these beauties around the Isle on tourist work.

He also has a vacancy coming up in a few weeks for an assistant depot manager - so has told me to apply as getting someone that knows how to do operations that is willing to relocate there is nigh-on impossible.

Hopefully, this is the break I've been longing for, in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Result, DL!! :newthumb:
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Much of a scotch connoisseur DL? You will be after a while there :thup:
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Me and Scotch don't get along. :zippy:
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

-DL- wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:46 pm Me and Scotch don't get along. :zippy:
I was never much of a fan in my drinking days, until very recently. There's a lot to be said for a large tumbler of scotch, savoured very slowly, when the time is right. Some wonderfully complex flavours to enjoy.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Well done -DL-.

Really made up for you.
Last edited by Eggs'n'nuts on Fri May 19, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:00 pm I was never much of a fan in my drinking days, until very recently. There's a lot to be said for a large tumbler of scotch, savoured very slowly, when the time is right. Some wonderfully complex flavours to enjoy.
I concur Dan.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:00 pm I was never much of a fan in my drinking days, until very recently. There's a lot to be said for a large tumbler of scotch, savoured very slowly, when the time is right. Some wonderfully complex flavours to enjoy.
Unfortunately, it also can make you very drunk.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

-DL- wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:47 pm

Nice wheels :smiler:
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

-DL- wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:47 pm Without meaning to spam the thread with my own posts - but, remember this from the Little things that irritate you thread?:

Well.

I had a call a couple of days ago from my former boss, who arranged me to go out with a local company down here today, for a quick drive in an Astromega Double Deck coach, as he had something else in mind for me.

I did fine in the assessment, and will be heading up to The Isle of Mull next week to take a position up that's driving these beauties around the Isle on tourist work.

He also has a vacancy coming up in a few weeks for an assistant depot manager - so has told me to apply as getting someone that knows how to do operations that is willing to relocate there is nigh-on impossible.

Hopefully, this is the break I've been longing for, in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.
Flip yeah DL.

Happy for you!
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

-DL- wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:11 pm Unfortunately, it also can make you very drunk.
Yes, that is, indeed, something of a drawback and the reason I can’t enjoy it any more 😕
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Anyway, in no small part to this year’s alcohol abstinence, I’m delighted to report that the whistle I bought in 2016, when I was running 40-50 miles a week, still fits. Ish. Will need to eat light the day before I wear it but should be okay on the day, thank God.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Well done DL, I told you something good would come up a few weeks ago, you are one of lifes triers and deserve this bit of good fortune.

Absolutely delighted for you :muscle:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Great news for you DL … it’s a beautiful part of the world and plenty of opportunities to take some stunning photos.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

pablo jaye wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:54 pm plenty of opportunities to take some stunning photos.
Hadn't thought of that - ought to be some magnificent light up there this time of year, too. West Scottish midsummer sunsets are something else.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Yes, it does make things look even more vivid. We went there about 30 years go, and I can still vividly remember the stunning scenery, looking down across moorland towards the ocean with majestic red deer wandering about and golden eagles gliding on the thermals. The brightly painted houses in Tobermory were stunning too.
BrumHammer
Has liked: 3472 likes
Total likes: 585 likes

Post by BrumHammer »

Loaded up this old game today and saw this intro again :heart:
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

My 5 year old wanted to learn to skateboard so took her to the skate park in town and taught her a couple of basics. Realised I had my skate legs on, which doesn’t always happen, so I skated the half pipe there and landed some tricks I’ve not been able to make in a long time, which delighted my kid and her mates. Though perhaps not as much as it delighted me, given I’m not far off my 50th birthday, and I’m just happy I can even walk these days 👍
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

-DL- wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:47 pm

Be like Summer Holiday only wetter .

That's actually fantastic news , I'm made up for you . :newthumb: :newthumb:

Really hope it works out .
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

And whatever you do , avoid Cook Street , Glasgow ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... t-65665113