Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by S-H »

I'm just wondering what our resident bus driver, would've done in this situation..

:D

What a helmet though.

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

S-H wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:47 am I'm just wondering what our resident bus driver, would've done in this situation..

:D
Same as the bus driver in the video. f*** all. I'm getting paid to drive at 2mph, the same amount as I get paid to drive at 30mph.

Unless it's a Scania bus, then as soon as the ****'s back is turned, I'd hit the horn. f*** it's loud and on more than one occasion I've done that to twats like the above that have then fallen off or hit the kerb, then driven by laughing with a wave....
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Don't know whether this goes in this thread or the irritate one.

Orderded a garden bistro set, never arrived, complained and they told me the couriers lost it so gave me a refund.

Today it arrives now the wife has changed her mind and doesn't want it. :grin:

How do I stand now, can they take the money from my account or what
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 460 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

ageing hammer wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:53 pm Don't know whether this goes in this thread or the irritate one.

Orderded a garden bistro set, never arrived, complained and they told me the couriers lost it so gave me a refund.

Today it arrives now the wife has changed her mind and doesn't want it. :grin:

How do I stand now, can they take the money from my account or what
Why not hold on to it for now and see what happens? If they chase you for the money tell them you bought one elsewhere when the first one didn't arrive - they can pick it up from you if the want. Can't see how they can take the money having refunded you.

There's a good chance they wouldn't bother picking it up and you could keep it free of charge.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:29 pm Why not hold on to it for now and see what happens? If they chase you for the money tell them you bought one elsewhere when the first one didn't arrive - they can pick it up from you if the want. Can't see how they can take the money having refunded you.

There's a good chance they wouldn't bother picking it up and you could keep it free of charge.
I can't see them calling to get it back it came from the UK, it only cost £95 anyway :grin:

We just came home and it was outside our door, nobody signed for it or anything.

If asked I could even say we never got it, might have been stolen before we got home :winker:
Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

Rolf Harris dead.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

"Fanzones"

Since when did watching a game of football on a screen, with a pint, become so complicated?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

A week ago I saw 2 baby Geese with a male & female duck, no adult geese around, was unusual as the little ones usually chase everything away, couple of days later, saw them again. Last night, they are still together so I think the 2 ducks have adopted the two baby Geese, all be it the baby Geese are now slightly bigger than there new mum & dad, nature is ace at times :heart:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

On a similar, but different tip, we feed our local foxes (often with medicated biscuits, to get rid of the ticks on their fur).

I am lucky to live in a slightly quieter part of an inner London borough, where we have a local park, so animals/birds such as foxes, squirrels, all manner of birds seem to rub along together, with the local pets - in the main cats.

Anyway, as noted, we throw bits of food out on the lawn for the fox and others and this family of magpies who live in a nest nearby have almost xray vision because they always come by, too, when the back door gets opened. Last night, one piece of whatever I had thrown out was stuck on a bush and the fox knew that it was still outstanding. One of the magpies flew past the snack, but then literally pretended to go to the end of the garden, to look there instead. Suitably bamboozled, off trotted the fox in that direction, only, of course, for magpie to then fly back, snatch the snack and fly back to the nest.

You know that 'akk-akk' call they do? The spectator family in the nest all did it, as it flew back to the nest.

Literally sounded as if they were laughing at the fox :D
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Not sure if this should go in the "smile" or "irritate" thread.....

Just had a meeting with a bloke that came equipped with a bewildering array of fragrances. Fags, garlic, coffee, big aftershave, armpits and more than a jus of bum gravy. The meeting room fits 12 people but he totally stank it out, even with an open window. I just got a message from the people that used the room after, asking if I'd been eating kebabs.

The stuff he was trying to sell us is good, but I'm not buying it.
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

Ivan Toney's return is 17/1
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:00 pmThe meeting room fits 12 people but he totally stank it out, even with an open window. I just got a message from the people that used the room after, asking if I'd been eating kebabs with bum gravy.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

In a symposium call with Texas. So far, they've had two separate food deliveries to the meeting - fresh Tacos at 8am for breakfast, then another round delivered at 10am. They're breaking for a two hour lunch at 11:30am.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:17 pm In a symposium call with Texas. So far, they've had two separate food deliveries to the meeting - fresh Tacos at 8am for breakfast, then another round delivered at 10am. They're breaking for a two hour lunch at 11:30am.
I’m not a medical man but I may have identified one of the reasons for their obesity issues. That and they won’t travel more than 20 metres without taking the car.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

EvilC wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:00 pm I’m not a medical man but I may have identified one of the reasons for their obesity issues. That and they won’t travel more than 20 metres without taking the car.
And they can’t go 20 minutes without eating.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Last game of the season this weekend for the majority but no, we have a final, weird but lovely feeling that our season is not over come Sunday evening 8-)
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:00 pm bum gravy.
Never heard this saying before but I like it :crossed:
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1862 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:53 pm And they can’t go 20 minutes without eating.
Eat when you can, sleep when you can.
Reacher's rules :winker:
MaylandHammer
Has liked: 87 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by MaylandHammer »

The genuine relief & emotions in the away tickets thread in the GD, for those low pointers that managed to snaffle a ticket.