Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:08 pm This YouTube channel. I'm addicted to it and have been watching in the evenings all week. Some great football, some blasts from the past and some familiar names too ...

Loved watching that. Particularly liked the fact that Brian Moore pronounced the Boro number 4's name as "Sourness" throughout.

Way ahead of his time was Brian.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

It's a bit sweary, but it's a powerful and important message for middle aged men everywhere. Please find a couple of minutes to check it out.

https://www.tiktok.com/@theangrynorthen ... 4921466118
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Gah I spoilt it by looking at the hashtags before the end.
thamesideiron
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by thamesideiron »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:35 am It's a bit sweary, but it's a powerful and important message for middle aged men everywhere. Please find a couple of minutes to check it out.

https://www.tiktok.com/@theangrynorthen ... 4921466118
...Pulled me right in,was saying..

Dude,first thing you gotta do is stop the swearing mate,that gets you all aggy and agressive..... :lol:
kenthammer
Has liked: 249 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by kenthammer »

Having a bit of a clear out earlier and came across 4 old school reports from 1973-74, kids found them hilarious
At least the games teacher saw some potential
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 449 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Extended at work for an additional six months. I’d like something permanent before too long but I’ve been there nearly two years now.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Watching Match of the Day Revisited, Spurs v Leicester and an element in the crowd singing a familiar song ... wonder what all that was about?

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Leafy sea–dragon in the Sun...and other stunning shots...
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

prophet:marginal wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:32 am Leafy sea–dragon in the Sun...and other stunning shots...
They are indeed stunning , what a wonderful Planet we live on (if you forgot about humans)
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

The local scrubber is barred for life from the circus pub. She tried to steal a bottle of whiskey from behind the bar. I could tolerate her in small doses but it’s a relief.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

As long as she didn't give you a dose Jim..
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

My battered 2006 Vectra has just passed it's MOT. We're still recovering from the shock.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1872 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:34 am My battered 2006 Vectra has just passed it's MOT. We're still recovering from the shock.
My 06 Golf passed in December, hadn't been serviced or had anything done on it since (I think) 2019. Replacing the tyres this afternoon and booked an oil change next tuesday, hopefully we'll be good to go for a bit longer :thup:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:07 pm My 06 Golf passed in December, hadn't been serviced or had anything done on it since (I think) 2019. Replacing the tyres this afternoon and booked an oil change next tuesday, hopefully we'll be good to go for a bit longer :thup:
Mine cost me about £700 last year thanks to a combination of disks, pads, and seized callipers. Pretty much needed the full works with the brakes. I was dreading something similar this year so it was a nice surprise. It would have failed as the instrument cluster hasn't been working for the last two years. Was intermittent to begin with and thankfully worked on the day of last years MOT. Been pretty much completely dead since then though and I've been using an app on my phone linked in to the ECU via an OBD2 adapter. I managed to find a used instrument cluster on Ebay last week for £24 and thanks to my trusty Haynes manual, managed to replace it the other day without too much trouble. Now works just fine. It surprised me a bit that it was so easy - I thought I'd have to pay to have it programmed in or configured at a main dealer.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:39 am As long as she didn't give you a dose Jim..
I’m not that desperate. Honestly, she’d light up a cigarette inside and then refuse to leave etc.

Grown woman too. 40’s.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1498 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Getting a £10 refund I made on parking I paid for over Christmas. Turns out it was free between 23rd and 27th of Dec.
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2053 likes

Post by Shabu »

WHU Independent
Has liked: 1677 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

I love going shopping in big supermarkets. I jsut throwm my stuff in the trolly and when i get to the till, I always make sure I have a nice long chat with person on the till, as they must be bored just scanning stuff. I then like putting my shopping into bags but i forget always forget what purchases in what bag, so I empty them all out again on the end of the till and pack them away nice and slowly so I know I've got them in the right bag.

I love to pay by credit card but my card is the old kind and won't swipe, so I have to enter my pin. My pin number is a devil to remember and sometimes I get it wrong a few times, so i have to stand there thinking about it. It doesn't matter though as I always have enough cash to pay the bill, so I end up paying that way.

I'm not worried about the time, as I don't have a lot to do all day, so i just chill out and take it easy.

I don't get all these people who get het up about no being able to get served.

"God made time and he made a lot of it", that's what i say.

:)
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1498 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

WHU Independent wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:50 pm I love going shopping in big supermarkets. I jsut throwm my stuff in the trolly and when i get to the till, I always make sure I have a nice long chat with person on the till, as they must be bored just scanning stuff. I then like putting my shopping into bags but i forget always forget what purchases in what bag, so I empty them all out again on the end of the till and pack them away nice and slowly so I know I've got them in the right bag.

I love to pay by credit card but my card is the old kind and won't swipe, so I have to enter my pin. My pin number is a devil to remember and sometimes I get it wrong a few times, so i have to stand there thinking about it. It doesn't matter though as I always have enough cash to pay the bill, so I end up paying that way.

I'm not worried about the time, as I don't have a lot to do all day, so i just chill out and take it easy.

I don't get all these people who get het up about no being able to get served.

"God made time and he made a lot of it", that's what i say.

:)
just seen the Irritate thread...... Very good WHUI. :lol:
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1872 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for the 70,000th time and I’ve just realised one of the blokes on Mister Katanga’s ship was Chocolate Mousse in Top Secret! 🤣