What are you playing right now?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Serious Sam Siberian Mayhem. Very silly, very good fun
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

I've just run a Table Top (TT) roleplaying game based on the Basic Fantasy Role Playing Rules - https://www.basicfantasy.org/ - for a few mates who are pretty new to TT gaming. The system is light, character gen is easy and the combat rules are very user friendly. Think basic Dungeon & Dragons.

During the week i started to create a world with some world building aids and it was really coming to life. That said I needed some Non Player Character's whose personal characteristics and names that I could remember. So I used people from the forum! In my campaign we now have:

TOMOS - a big friendly Ogre, full of sage advice and help.

Danphis - (a hash of Das Nut Knocks original name) - A witty, wise, hardworking human (who can turn into a horse at will - but nobody knows this yet!) who doesn't take kindly to people who steal his hard graft and present it as their own. Doesn't put up with idiots either.

Pinky - a big red minotaur that has lots of knowledge to hand and is good at soclalising.

Mushy - A big bloke wo runs a bar who really helps customers with their problems and is always ready to lend an ear to their plight.

Junctup -(a hash of Up TheJunction) he runs the town in a fair and just manner and makes sure it all runs smoothly.

There's others but I won't bore you as you get the drift.

I was gonna post this in Little Things that Make You Smile, but I don't think non gamers would underatsnd it.

The 5 hour gaming session went really well and the players already want to play nexst week !!!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

I'm honoured, Indy. :grin:
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

And likewise! Assume there’s a character called RARS that’s a big fat smelly useless plank that doesn’t have a girlfriend and has never even felt a woman’s tits?
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

Can I have a character Indi? I am feeling left out :crylol: Seriously any character who is a serious twat in the game will reflect my real life persona :smiler:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Vm you are in mate! I've just put Vimi in my world with the characteristics you put down plus tenacity and an Iron will. Should be fun when we play this Sunday. :)
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:15 pm and has never even felt a woman’s tits?
We've already established that your old man counts...
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Completed RDR2 the other week (not 100%, couldn't be bothered for the collectable stuff). Great game, set the bar high.

Bought Far Cry 5 on Stadia for about 8 quid. About a third of yhe way through. Obviously not as immersive as RDR2, but still a decent FPS. The story is okay, fights are a bit repetitive but feels similar enough to Far Cry 2 which was the last time i had proper time to spend gaming.

The best bit is all but 2 hours of my new found gaming hobby has been on work's time whilst WFH. Now i enjoy those pointless hour or two long zoom calls where I'm not actually expected to have input 👍🏼
chelmsfordhammer91

I completed the story for Far Cry 5 during the week. Was getting bored of the repetition in the game so ignored most of the side missions.

It's a decent enough game to roam around blowing stuff up, but just isn't as varied enough for me to keep interested.

Goong to try assassin's creed origins and maybe oddyssey too whilst they are on offer. Haven't played an AC game since the very first one but from looking on youtube these both look worth playing.
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

What platform CH91?

I have AC Valhalla on both PS4 or PS5 if you want - Extreme KUMB discount of course.

In fact I think I have Origins and Odyssey on PS4 as well. (just P&P if you want)
chelmsfordhammer91

Cheers for the offer mate but I'm playing on Stadia.
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:00 pm

Goong to try assassin's creed origins and maybe oddyssey too whilst they are on offer. Haven't played an AC game since the very first one but from looking on youtube these both look worth playing.
Love Origins and especially Odyssey (I can never spell that word either!). Play Odyssey as the female character though (Kassandra)
chelmsfordhammer91

ThreeSixes wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:36 am Love Origins and especially Odyssey (I can never spell that word either!). Play Odyssey as the female character though (Kassandra)
Cheers I'll look to pick both up as they are about 11-13 quid each on Stadia at the moment with some add ons included.

I'm trying to swerve the repetitive grindy games as i can only really play whilst on work calls. Star Wars Fallen Order looks a good pick up for a tenner too.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

What was the AC set in Victorian London? Absolutely fantastic.

Also have Valhalla waiting to be played (along with Deathloop).
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:57 pm What was the AC set in Victorian London? Absolutely fantastic.
Syndicate.
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Actually, Syndicate is only seven and a half quid on the PS store. Might grab it for a replay.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

RayleighIrons wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:20 pm Actually, Syndicate is only seven and a half quid on the PS store. Might grab it for a replay.
Bargainous. :gamer:
Chimera
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chimera »

Elden Ring… like many other people
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Mrs bought me Dying Light 2 and Horizon Forbidden West. Having played and enjoyed the first of both of these games, very much looking forward to getting into them.

I've played around an hour of Horizon so far, normal introductory stages. Forgot how much fun the combat is though.

*Edit, Mrs bought me them for my birthday I might add, not just because I'd been a good boy.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Chimera wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:17 pm Elden Ring… like many other people
Never really played the souls game so thought I'd give it a go and has just blown my mind. Barely got anyway so far but loving the challenge and the world is amazing.