What are you playing right now?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by wolf359 »

In a few hours my subscription for World of Warcraft ends. 640 days played in less than 6 years (2071 days to be exact) which is terrible to type.

I had a problem with this. I regret that it is just too time consuming for someone like me who has to complete things, I cannot let things go. Anyway thanks to a re-focus I've done less than 10 hours in 10 weeks and today I'll be officially unable to play.

Maybe one day I will return, who knows. I'll finally finish Doom Eternal over this Bank Holiday (been at it stop and start for over a year - on the final boss I think - not looked at spoilers.)
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Feel the freedom, Wolf!
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Maybe you should try Diablo now?
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

fjthegrey wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:08 am Maybe you should try Diablo now?
Been there done that - well D3 and D3:ROS that was the gateway drug to WoW.

I'm thinking of giving Dark souls series of games (never played any) or Skyrim a go (have the Special edition but never played beyond the character selection screen - after the cart ride)

Finished Doom Eternal (original story - still have the DLC) - I must be getting old, I used to beat these games on the hardest (or one below) setting. I ended up on the easiest for DE and still found it a challenge at times. I am not what I once was :(
FatCat1967
Has liked: 1 like

Post by FatCat1967 »

Doom 3
Very atmospheric and scary after all these years.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Tried Crusader Kings 3 on game pass last night. Only got through part of the tutorial but looks like it could be a lot of fun once I get the hang of it.

Have also downloaded sniper elite 5. Have played all of them over the years and funnily enough it never gets old! May save that one for next weekend.
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

Playing Weird West, Bugsnax and Trek to Yomi on gamepass, as well as some FH5. Nothing is really exciting me at the moment though
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Bought myself a decent gaming desktop recently so have revisited Cyberpunk 2077 which used to kill my poor laptop.
bobby0303
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by bobby0303 »

ThreeSixes wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:43 am Playing Weird West, Bugsnax and Trek to Yomi on gamepass, as well as some FH5. Nothing is really exciting me at the moment though
Strangely, I am playing the exact same 3 games at the moment and, like you, none of them has really grabbed me. Of those three, Bugsnax is probably the best game. I will finish the other two at some point as they are fun in smaller bursts.

Borderlands 3 also on PC at the moment after it was free on the Epic store. Not up to the levels of Borderlands 2, but a superb free offering.

I also bought Anno 1800, one of the best titles for those who like a bit of city building/strategy/pirates. £12 with the Epic voucher scheme. Tutorial is one of the more unhelpful I think I have ever seen though. Not good for a newcomer to the Anno games like me.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Anno series is excellent.
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Got Grounded on game pass when it came out two years ago. I’ve finally got around to playing it and it’s pretty decent.

Also downloading Generation Zero which looks interesting.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

No Man's Sky - it was half price on team so i went for it.

Amazing! I love it.

What is more Amazing is that about 16 hours in I found a ship called Reckless Hammer. It was wrecked but by luck I had the materials to get it off the ground, It's worth 5 mill or so, and when comapred to my ship that was worth 149,000 it's a major upgrade - and it's got loads of slots and technolgy nstalled, I've made it my purpose to get i all fixed up. It's 50% there - all the stuff that makes the ship work is fine, I'm just fixing up bits to improve the cargo space.

Ok that's me going to bed at silly oclock now :)
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

WHU Independent wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:56 am No Man's Sky - it was half price on team so i went for it.
It's fantastic now.

Pretty much done everything you can do at this point, up to having a couple of living ships in the fleet so only just jump back in for the updates and expeditions.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

wolf359 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:17 am Been there done that - well D3 and D3:ROS that was the gateway drug to WoW.

I'm thinking of giving Dark souls series of games (never played any) or Skyrim a go (have the Special edition but never played beyond the character selection screen - after the cart ride)

Finished Doom Eternal (original story - still have the DLC) - I must be getting old, I used to beat these games on the hardest (or one below) setting. I ended up on the easiest for DE and still found it a challenge at times. I am not what I once was :(
Skyrim is excellent especially using the mods. The freedom to just walk around doing what you like is quite liberating. I still put loads of hours in on this just as a distraction. It is very immersive.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

bristolhammerfc wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:34 amSkyrim is excellent especially using the mods.
I can't play my 600hr saved game any more because I no longer have access to all the mods. :angryred:
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Up the Junction wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:35 pm I can't play my 600hr saved game any more because I no longer have access to all the mods. :angryred:
Nooooo I feel for you boss. The new mods are great. Graphic upgrades and even marriage refusals included now.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Ah Skyrim, that takes me back to my uni days when I actually had time to game.

The vastness of it was overwhelming but what a game. I'm rubbish when it comes to the lore, struggling to remember who is who etc.

I just remember doing some book glitch (obsidium or something comes to mind??) To rank up quickly then owning everything in my path.

I'm still playing RDR2, second playthrough and clocked up 130 hours on this one alone (going for 100% for some reason).

Hopefully stadia either get some more top titles in soon or have another sale as I want to give Cyberpunk a go as well as getting some of the AC titles on the cheap.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

No Man's Sky - heroin for gamers, I could spend my life playing this! And I played WOW for 5 years!
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

WHU Independent wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:33 pm No Man's Sky - heroin for gamers, I could spend my life playing this! And I played WOW for 5 years!
Speaking of WoW after a few months off (and hardly playing this calendar year at all) I have resubbed to it. However, no alts, no dailies, joined a guild and I intend to pretty much raid log. Not going to end up playing 100 hours a week or chasing my 700th recoloured mount. Just for fun.. paid (with gold) for just one month to see how it goes. I have missed it.
bobby0303
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by bobby0303 »

wolf359 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:41 am Speaking of WoW after a few months off (and hardly playing this calendar year at all) I have resubbed to it. However, no alts, no dailies, joined a guild and I intend to pretty much raid log. Not going to end up playing 100 hours a week or chasing my 700th recoloured mount. Just for fun.. paid (with gold) for just one month to see how it goes. I have missed it.
I'll prepare the chairs in a circle for the KUMB intervention.