What are you playing right now?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Shy Ted »

Metal Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:28 pm Finished Assassin's Creed 1, now downloading Assassin's Creed Origins
I really like Assassin's Creed games.
I have been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla which has taken me many hours, and still not finished it yet.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1153 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Shy Ted wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:36 pm I really like Assassin's Creed games.
I have been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla which has taken me many hours, and still not finished it yet.
I picked up Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla during a recent sale so will be working my way through them :newthumb:
Shy Ted

Post by Shy Ted »

Metal Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:18 pm I picked up Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla during a recent sale so will be working my way through them :newthumb:
Nice, get the expansion packs when they are on sale as well, makes the gameplay more fun.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Metal Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:18 pm I picked up Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla during a recent sale so will be working my way through them :newthumb:
See you in 2024. The scale of these games are insane.

Odyssey was my favourite out the three. Valhalla was unnecessarily long and overblown.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Tried that High On Life thing. Complicated, boring and unfunny so far.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

My Xbox X has been collecting dust for nearly 9 months now.

I need something to tempt me back..
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Dipping my toe into Far Cry 5 on the PC.
Mr McGauley
Has liked: 870 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Mr McGauley »

Metal Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:28 pm Finished Assassin's Creed 1, now downloading Assassin's Creed Origins
Origins is great. The combat system is easy and there's no press buttons R2, Up, Down, Left, Right and Centre to do the leap of faith.

Favourite of them all is Black Flag. Now that's a game.
Mr McGauley
Has liked: 870 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Mr McGauley »

Shy Ted wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:36 pm I really like Assassin's Creed games.
Valhalla is stupidly long and not really built for stealth. More of a tank system game. Which is a shame. I will have to dip back in as the last update is now live. Just to finish it.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

S-H wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:48 pm My Xbox X has been collecting dust for nearly 9 months now.

I need something to tempt me back..
Just play through Doom or Doom eternal again.
Pocket Pardew
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pocket Pardew »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:20 pm Tried that High On Life thing. Complicated, boring and unfunny so far.
Not sure if this is sarcastic or not?.
I'm loving this game and cannot be more opposite to your post. Its simple game play, interesting and very funny indeed.

Have you watched Rick and Morty?. Its the same humour as this. The game is brilliant so far.
Shy Ted

Post by Shy Ted »

Mr McGauley wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:47 pm Origins is great. The combat system is easy and there's no press buttons R2, Up, Down, Left, Right and Centre to do the leap of faith.

Favourite of them all is Black Flag. Now that's a game.
Agree on Black flag love it, I think the only one I have not played is Unity.

Loved Syndicate for the London vibe.

Next up Assassin's Creed Mirage, who knows.
Metal Hammer

Post by Metal Hammer »

hammers92 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:45 am See you in 2024. The scale of these games are insane.

Odyssey was my favourite out the three. Valhalla was unnecessarily long and overblown.
Well I'm pretty much ready to ditch Elder Scrolls Online after years so that will free up plenty of time. The only downside is work want me to start going back into the office more often which will curtail my free time :furrow:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Anyone pulled the trigger on Dwarven Fortress? It looks a very complicated and difficult to play for a game that almost guarantees your team will die and your fortress will be destroyed.

FWIW I am playing NO man's Sky still, but have reached a bit of a plateau, Got a base, a settlement, a fleet of 30 ships, a frieghter and 4 npc space pilots. I'd like to get an alien ship but that costs coinage (quicksliver) I don't have and will probably never have as I don't do Multi player missions.

Can anyone explain what's the point of cash and nanites please? I've liteally got billions in cash and loads of nanites but I don't really see any use for them?

Also playng RAID Shadow legends but am running the game down now. The latest trick - weapons ascendancy - means I have to farm yet another dungeon that is very hard to do, and will not really benefit me in the long run.

I haven't played Deadpoly for a while but it's go drivable vehicles now so iImay give this another shot.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

I’ve been tentatively delving into Scorn - it’s a bit shock by numbers body horror so far, but it looks lovely and is like a Giger painting made 3D. It’s one of those games that just drops you in headfirst and expects you to work it out though, which can be annoying.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

WHU Independent wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:16 pm Also playng RAID Shadow legends but am running the game down now. The latest trick - weapons ascendancy - means I have to farm yet another dungeon that is very hard to do, and will not really benefit me in the long run.
Same here, I'm packing it in after the next PR CvC.

Been playing it for 22 months, maxed the Great Hall, got Ramantu and really cba for this new dungeon or the weapon ascendancy.

The only content left for me is PvP, but I'm not interested in trying to compete with the whales.

It's a shame though, but I'm just not enjoying it anymore.
bornhammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by bornhammer »

I have two games on the go right now, Disco Elysium and Elden Ring on the PS5. I must say Disco Elysium is brilliant. The storyline and the characters are so refreshing. Loving the script. Elden Ring is extremely difficult so I'm following a brief walkthrough to gain items to make it easier. Both are brilliant games and can see them taking me many, many hours to complete.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Back to World of Warcraft - the newly released 9th expansion -- Dragon Flight.. Massive changes to the game have been made, no longer do you loose out by not playing daily. No AP grind, Legendaries or borrowed power mechanisms this time. You can be really casual and just go along at your own place. Enjoy it but playing responsibly.. after work and gym.
Metal Hammer

Post by Metal Hammer »

Some ESO friends talked me into giving Final Fantasy 14 a try. It's quite fun and I'm trying to avoid all the grindy things MMORPGS tend to throw at you.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Hogwarts Legacy. Graphics are PS4 standard and a little disappointing but there’s a huge amount of fun to be had here if you’re a fan of the books/films. Really enjoying wandering the castle and grounds without bothering with the story.

Now awaits Twitter to come after me calling me transphobic.