monday's news 26th august includefs west tham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

monday's news 26th august includefs west tham

Post by cockney hammer »

sorry it was late the scum played up again last night

Loan deal: Prolific Honduran striker Roger Rojas is set to complete a loan move to West Ham

West Ham line up loan deal for prolific Honduras striker Rojas

Roger Rojas is set to complete a loan switch to West Ham United.

The Honduras forward has been prolific for current club Olimpia and is likely to join up with Sam Allardyce's squad early this week.

Rojas, 23, scored 19 league goals last season and already has three in three this season.

Cold: Morrison opted for a short-sleeved shirt and gloves against Newcastle
Rain falls during Newcastle's draw with West Ham but the temperature was still 18 degrees
Tiote chases down Mohamed Diame in May of this
year

The temperature in London hit 20 degrees during West Ham's draw with Newcastle in May

Bit chilly, Ravel? West Ham midfielder Morrison wears gloves during sub appearance in August

Despite torrential rain hitting much of the North East on Saturday, temperatures remained steady with a high of 18 degrees in Newcastle.

But that didn't stop West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison sporting a pair of gloves during his brief substitute appearance against Alan Pardew's side yesterday afternoon.

The former Manchester United player replaced Mohamed Diame for the last 15 minutes at St James' Park, his first appearance of the new season.

After being shipped out on loan to Birmingham City for the 2012/13 campaign, Morrison scored five goals in pre-season and looks set to play a role under Sam Allardyce this season.

But even with his new gloves, the former England youth international could not help his side steal all three points as they settled for a hard-fought 0-0 draw.

Newcastle's Cheick Tiote, who missed Saturday's game though injury, is another player guilty of wearing gloves outside of winter, having sported a pair in May of last season.

The hard-man midfielder opted for gloves and a short-sleeved shirt against West Ham at Upton Park, despite the temperature hitting 20 degrees during another 0-0 draw.

Premier League players sporting gloves is not a new phenomenon, with foreign stars such as Arsenal's Patrick Vieira first pioneering the trend.

Some players even took things a step further by donning snoods in the winter months, until a ban on the neck-wear was brought in by the International FA board in March 2011.

official site
West Ham United statement
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130826/ ... 84_3436844" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tomkins’ Future at West Ham has to be in some doubt

I have to confess to being a huge fan of James Tomkins. For me, he is the most naturally gifted, ball playing centre back we have had at the club since one Rio Ferdinand. I also rate his defensive awareness, although I know that plenty take issue with me on that score.
When Allardyce first arrived, Tomkins was a nailed on regular in the role. For a while, once James Collins was re-signed, the two of them seemed to alternate in the defensive position. Then came Allardyce’s flirtation with Tomkins in midfield which I was always heavily critical of. It was almost as though he was being set up to fail.
As time has progressed though, Collins has assumed the status of inevitable starter with Tomkins, widely thought of as a possible future international, confined to bench-warming duties.
Collins looks solid and assured. That much I will concede. His hoofs out of defence accounted for a quarter of all of our long balls on Saturday at Newcastle but he did defend impeccably it has to be said.
In the vernacular, managers fancy some players and others less so. Allardyce clearly fancies Collins. Equally clearly, he does not fancy Tomkins.
If I was James’ advisor, I think I’d be having a word in his ear.

Newcastle United 0 - 0 West Ham United: Match Stats

By Tom Aldworth

Newcastle United vs West Ham United

General Play
Best Performance: Newcastle United: Vurnon Anita (67.02); West Ham United: Mark Noble (67.58)
Worst Performance: Newcastle United: Shola Ameobi (57.63); West Ham United: Jussi Jääskeläinen (58.99)

Possession: Newcastle United: 55%; West Ham United: 45%

Passes Attempted: Newcastle United: 415; West Ham United: 320
Most Attempted: Newcastle United: Vurnon Anita (66); West Ham United: Mark Noble (60)

Passing Accuracy: Newcastle United: 78%; West Ham United: 70%
In Opp. Half: Newcastle United: 68%; West Ham United: 53%
Best Accuracy: Newcastle United: Fabricio Coloccini (92%); West Ham United: Joe Cole (83%)

Long Balls: Newcastle United: 52; West Ham United: 44
Most Long Balls (excl. GK): Newcastle United: Vurnon Anita (7); West Ham United: James Collins (10)

Most Frequent Pass Combination: Newcastle United: Anita to Ben Arfa (12); West Ham United: Demel to Downing (13)

Aerial Duels Won: Newcastle United: 27; West Ham United: 21
Success: Newcastle United: 56%; West Ham United: 44%
Most Won: Newcastle United: Mathieu Debucy (7); West Ham United: Modibo Maïga (10)

Most Touches: Newcastle United: Vurnon Anita (75); West Ham United: Mark Noble (70)

Offensive Play
Attempts on Goal: Newcastle United: 16; West Ham United: 6
On Target: Newcastle United: 0; West Ham United: 1
Off Target: Newcastle United: 14; West Ham United: 3
Blocked: Newcastle United: 2; West Ham United: 2
From Outside the Box: Newcastle United: 9; West Ham United: 1
Most Shots: Newcastle United: Hatem Ben Arfa (5); West Ham United: Ravel Morrison (1)

Key Passes: Newcastle United: 15; West Ham United: 4
Most Key Passes: Newcastle United: Sylvain Marveaux (7); West Ham United: Ravel Morrison (1)

Crosses: Newcastle United: 30; West Ham United: 23
Most Attempted: Newcastle United: Mathieu Debuchy (7); West Ham United: Matt Jarvis (10)

Successful Crosses: Newcastle United: 6; West Ham United: 4
Success: Newcastle United: 20%; West Ham United: 17%
Most Successful: Newcastle United: Sylvain Marveaux (4); West Ham United: Guy Demel (2)

Defensive Play
Tackles Attempted: Newcastle United: 17; West Ham United: 24
Successful Tackles: Newcastle United: 14; West Ham United: 20
Success: Newcastle United: 82%; West Ham United: 83%
Most Tackle: Newcastle United: Shola Ameobi (3); West Ham United: Guy Demel (5)

Clearances: Newcastle United: 31; West Ham United: 41
Most Clearances: Newcastle United: Davide Santon (9); West Ham United: Winston Reid (11)

Interceptions: Newcastle United: 9; West Ham United: 5
Most Interceptions: Newcastle United: Mathieu Debuchy (5); West Ham United: James Collins (2)

Shot Blocks: Newcastle United: 2; West Ham United: 2
Most Shot Blocks: Newcastle United: Vurnon Anita (2); West Ham United: James Collins (2)

6yrd Blocks: Newcastle United: 0; West Ham United: 1
Most 6yrd Blocks: Newcastle United: (0); West Ham United: Winston Reid (1)

Discipline
Fouls: Newcastle United: 12; West Ham United: 15
Most Fouls: Newcastle United: Shola Ameobi (6); West Ham United: Winston Reid (5)

Yellow Cards: Newcastle United: 0; West Ham United: 1
Red Cards: Newcastle United: 0; West Ham United: 0

Head to West Ham United Stats for my full post match analysis, including special focus on a defensive performance to be proud of, the contrasting styles of O’Brien and Demel, ecouraging signs from Ravel Morrison and additional data on Capello Index Performance Ratings and Player Head to Heads.

Tom Aldworth / hammerstats

COYI

Newcastle United 0 West Ham United 0

West Ham continued their unbeaten start to the season with a well-earned draw against Newcastle at St James’ Park.

The word ‘entertaining’ in unlikely to be the way this game will be described but there is no doubt that West Ham will be the happier of the two sides given that Newcastle had home advantage.

For the second game running the opposition were unable to muster one meaningful attempt at goal and for Newcastle to not have produced one shot on target throughout the game is testament to how well to played from a defensive point of view.

There were times during the game where I wished we would up the ante a little and really give it a go. I felt Newcastle were there for the taking and fell apart every time Jarvis was running at them.

But much like last season the point was always going to be protected and some of the substitutions made in the second half were there to ensure we tightened up.

At times we played some neat football with Noble and Diame having some potent moments in the first half but our game went long as time wore on with Maiga unable to make anything happen up front on his own.

Both sides struggled to retain possession especially in the second half when the game descended into a misplaced pass cauldron. As the away side we expected to be pegged back but from the Newcastle perspective they have to be concerned that they could not break us down at any point.

Going into this game the questions from the West Ham camp were always going to be about our away form and have we been able to put anything in place that will improve our dismal showings on the road which saw us score just eleven times on the road last season.

I do not feel this performance has given us any definitive answers as whilst we could be talking about having nicked the game 1-0 we could have easily lost it with the game being that tight and that unpredictable.

This performance will do little to satisfy those supporters who are unhappy about our style of play as the same issues about how ‘entertaining’ we are remain.

The long ball is still a big part of our game despite many wanting to deny its existence. We generally use this tactic as much as anyone else but that isn’t really a defence in arguing against it.

We do have some decent footballers in our ranks but very few of them (Jarvis aside) have the ability or perhaps just confidence to do something in that final third. At times there was space ahead of the players carrying the ball through the middle but too often they would slow down, knock the ball back or sidewards which would stop any momentum we may have been building up.

Everyone will take this performance and result in a differing way. With it being early in the season I am going to keep positive and accept that this was a top defensive display which saw us earn a good point away from home.

The Team

Sam Allardyce made one change to the side who defeated Cardiff City last weekend and that change came in midfield with Joe Cole dropped to the bench in favour of Stewart Downing who was making his first start for the club.

Managing Newcastle was former West Ham Manager Alan Pardew who took over in 2003 and left in 2006 having won a Play Off Final and finished runners up in the 2006 FA Cup Final.

The referee was 50 year old Phil Dowd from Staffordshire. Dowd had been the referee the last time the two clubs had met back in May at Upton Park.

First Half

There was good noise coming from both sets of supporters as the game kicked off with the ‘Toon Army’ clearly looking to give their team a much needed lift.

The opening stages of the game were pretty even but West Ham were looking positive on the ball with Diame putting himself about and driving forward.

The first chance of the half created by West Ham came after 19 minutes when Guy Demel put in an excellent cross which was met by the head of Modibo Maiga but the striker put his effort well wide when he may have done better.

Demel was involved again a few minutes later when he was given the ball by Downing and the right back put in a deep cross which found Jarvis who had peeled away from his man and his cushioned header down towards Nolan looked as though it may lead to something but Nolan ended up giving away a foul.

Most of the Newcastle efforts were coming from long range and from midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa whose shooting was wayward to say the least.

27 minutes had gone when we should have taken the lead. A free kick was lifted into the area by Jaaskelainen where it was ****ed on my Maiga for Winston Reid to steal in but put his effort well over the bar from close range.

Six minutes after that chance an almost identical one presented itself when again Jaaskelainen lifted a free kicked into the area and it was allowed to bounce through for Winston Reid to be there again but he failed to make any contact on the ball when he really should have scored. This was a great chance to go ahead.

Whilst the home side continued to shoot high and wide we were still trying to create something down the flanks and a perfect pass from Joey O’Brien down the left for Matt Jarvis saw the winger easily beat the right back Debuchy for pace and his cross was met by the head of Stewart Downing who instead of heading towards goal tried to knock it back for Maiga but the defenders did well to prevent the striker from getting on the end of it.

Just before half time Ben Arfa was cynically brought down by Joey O’Brien who was shown a deserved yellow card for his indiscretion. The subsequent set piece was put into the area but referee Dowd spotted a foul by the Newcastle midfielder Sissoko.

Certainly West Ham would go in at half time the happier of the two sides having created a couple of chances which at least one from Winston Reid should have seen the away side take the lead.

Second Half

Newcastle were much improved during the second period and at times had us back tracking towards the ropes but were unable to ever hit a telling punch which unless they are able to rectify will be the problem for the Geordies throughout the season.

The rain came falling down on Tyneside as the second half kicked off with the excellent travelling support making as much noise as possible.

Newcastle continued their dismal shooting with Stanton the next player who shoot hopelessly high and wide of the goal.

Whilst Newcastle were starting to gain a bit of momentum it was West Ham who were creating the better chances and on the hour mark we should have been ahead.

A move down the right hand side saw Downing cut inside and deliver a fantastic cross with his left foot which found Kevin Nolan unmarked but he got his header all wrong and it ended up coming off his shoulder and wide. Nolan had his hands on his head as did a few other of the West Ham players as they knew what a good chance this was.

Our first change of the game came on 64 minutes when Joe Cole was brought on in place of Stewart Downing. I don’t think I was the only one surprised by this decision as Downing had just started to make a bit of an impact and if we were going to win the game I was sure it would because of one of our wide men.

This change did disrupt us for a bit as Newcastle kept coming at us although they were unable to break us down. There seemed to be a bit more belief amongst their supporters who were urging the team forward.

The 74 minute mark saw Ravel Morrison (sporting just the name Ravel on the back of his shirt and gardening gloves) make his first appearance of the season as he replaced Mohamed Diame. Again I was surprised at this chance as Diame was the last player in that midfield I would have taken off.

Ben Arfa was starting to see a bit more of the ball and the tricky midfielder got into the area only for Joey O’Brien to make a superbly timed tackle which knocked the ball out for a corner.

As only seven minutes remained the game was opening up with both sides leaving space for the other to exploit.

Matt Jarvis is a player who can exploit space and when the ball was given to him he again beat Debuchy for pace and put a cross into the area for Maiga to challenge. The defender won the head but it fell for Morrison who set up Joe Cole whose powerful curling effort when just over the bar.

I nearly burst with excitement in the 89th minute when we finally had the ball in the back of the net.

Another good move saw the cross cleared only as far as Ravel Morrison who hit a shot into the path of Modibo Maiga who diverted the ball into the back of the net only for the linesman’s flag to rule it out for offside. In fairness it was the right decision but it nearly was a perfect moment.

[Edit] Three minutes of injury time were awarded and Newcastle would have one chance to win the game when substitute Sammy Ameobi hit a cross-shot which bounced off the inside of the post and out to Gouffran who put his shot over the bar from just a few yards out. A comical miss but it would have been extremely harsh on us if it had gone in.

Player Reviews

Jussi Jaaskelainen
Like last season he is already racking up the clean sheets. Overall he had little to do but his kicking was again a little wayward. 6

Guy Demel
A sturdy display from the Ivorian who got forward well in the first half and put in a couple of good crosses. 6

James Collins
Whilst it may be tiresome to see him described as a ‘rock’ and that he was ‘solid’ throughout the fact is both these statements are true. Another brilliant display from Collins who has had a big part to play in the lack of opposition shots on target during these first two games. 8

Winston Reid
Reid was just as committed as Collins as he threw himself at everything and really put his body on the line. Reid did not pull out of any challenge and read the game really well which saw him often intercept the pass into the feet of the strikers. 8

Joey O’Brien
Always an awkward looking performer due to being out of position but when he adds a bit of aggression to his game he is a very capable defender. His tackling was generally spot on and he was rarely beaten down his side. 7

Mark Noble
Many of the same descriptions get used for our players but Noble was ‘tidy’ and did knock the ball about well. On a big pitch like St James’ he does struggle to cover ground in the final third and his lack of pace is what makes Diame so important to our midfield. Whilst there were a few misplaced passes Noble generally did well and put in a decent display. 6

Mohamed Diame
In the first half I thought he was immense. Some of his tracking back and tackling was of the highest quality. The way he out muscles his opponent and steals the ball away from them is really outstanding. As usual the second half saw him fade out of the game but even so I would not have removed him. 7

Kevin Nolan
One sitter aside we saw very little of Kevin Nolan and he really struggled to get into the game. 5

Stewart Downing
His first half performance was poor and he struggled to make any impact on the game. When he did get the chance to cross the ball the delivery was often poor and he certainly has more quality than he showed in that first period. Just as he was getting better in the second half he was taken off which was a little disappointing. 5

Matt Jarvis
The right back Debuchy will have been pleased to see the back of Jarvis considering he was given a bit of a torrid time by the winger who at times looked brilliant. I was very impressed with Jarvis and whenever we got the ball in midfield I was willing them to find him because I believe he is one of our most dangerous players. 7

Modibo Maiga
A chance in the first half he may have done better with and a goal which was (rightly) chalked off for offside was his contribution and whilst he did continue to work and chase defenders down ultimately he made very little impact on our performance and to be honest at times it was as if we were not playing with a striker at all. 5

Subs Used

Joe Cole (on for Downing 64 mins)
It was perhaps harsh for him to be dropped considering his good performance against Cardiff. He never really got going in this game and was often crowded out when on the ball.

Ravel Morrison (on for Diame 75 mins)
Never really got the chance to get on the ball although he nearly got his big moment in the 89th minute with a shot which Maiga eventually put in but he was offside. I would expect him to start in the League Cup on Tuesday night.

Subs Not Used: Adrian, Tomkins, Rat, Vaz Te, Diarra

Bookings: WHU: O’Brien

Man Of The Match: Winston Reid

Newcastle United: Krul, Debuchy, Santon, Coloccini (c), Yanga-Mbiwa, Anita, Sissoko, Marveaux (Sammy Ameobi 65), Ben Arfa, Shola Ameobi, Cisse (Gouffran 72)
Subs: Elliott, Bigirmana, Gosling, Vuckic, Dummett

Possession: NEW: 52% WHU: 48%

Shots: NEW: 16 WHU: 6

Shots On Target: NEW: 0 WHU: 1

Corners: NEW: 5 WHU: 4

Fouls: NEW: 12 WHU: 14

Referee: Phil Dowd, 9

Overall

The positive feeling that we took into the season still remains after this result as ultimately there are a number of positives you can take from the result with the biggest one being that we have not conceded for a second game running.

Of course there are always negatives such as our continued failure to win back to back Premiership games in a season. Following up a good home win with an away victory is something we need to do if we are to make any impact in the league this season.

We created enough chances to have grabbed something and for Newcastle to have not managed one shot on target has to be something to do with the way we defended and not just down to Newcastle being a bit ****.

As for Newcastle, they clearly have a few problems within the club at the moment and unless they sign a good quality striker I don’t see who is going to score goals for them.

The same of course could be said for West Ham and my hopes that Maiga was going to start the season on fire are starting to dwindle.

Next Game – Cheltenham Town (h) Tuesday 27th August, 7.45pm Kick Off

The league cup represents one of only two realistic chances for West Ham to win a trophy. If winning trophies is not something a football club wants to do then I am at a loss of what the point of it all is.

Whilst I understand the need to give squad players a go I hope Sam Allardyce does a mix of these squad players and first teams and not players who have no chance of holding down a first team place (such as Jordan Spence).

Cheltenham might not be that great but then neither were Aldershot Town who turned us over a couple of seasons ago.

Winning the league cup and doing well in the league are not mutually exclusive. Just ask Swansea City.

The View From Allardyce

[On Finishing] “We’ve got to improve on that scenario - I watched Chelsea beat Aston Villa in midweek and they didn’t create as many chances as us today.

“You’ve got to finish your chances off. It was great to keep a clean sheet again and these are great points for us, but we have got to start being more clinical in front of goal.”

“Zero shots on target [from Newcastle] away from home is a pretty good achievement in the Premier League, but I could have been sat here so sick had that fluke cross ended up in the back of the net.

“So in the end I’m satisfied with a point and another clean sheet but we are disappointed that we didn’t take any of those very, very good chances.

FIVE players West Ham should sell

Alou DiarraAs the transfer deadline creeps ever closer, West Ham are still a signing or two away from completing their squad, with a new striker being the most obvious signing on the West Ham agenda; the question remains as to how they will be able to afford one?

With the Hammers close to their £52 million wage cap; it was confirmed that they must sell before any new arrivals come in.

Here’s my list of players I think we can afford to lose; in order to free up some cash and ease the wage bill!

George McCartney – With the arrival of Razvan Rat, it was almost inevitable that McCartney’s future would be put in doubt. Many people question his Premier League ability and although he has proved a worthy servant for us in the past; I feel now would be the perfect time for him to move on. Danny Potts is climbing the ranks and isn’t far from surpassing McCartney (If he hasn’t already) and Rat looks set to be our first choice, so that leaves McCartney as more of a third choice left back. Injuries have also affected George as of late and I feel anymore long term knocks will add to the difficulty of him securing a first team spot!

Alou Diarra – Although Alou hasn’t had a proper chance at West Ham; most of that was his own doing. Since returning the French international has made up with Sam Allardyce and featured quite heavily in our impressive pre-season but due to our abundance of midfielders and his high wages I feel we should let him go, permanently! If you look at our current midfield you’ll see that we are highly equipped and it should be considered our strongest area of the field. I see Diarra as more of a cover option if Mohamed Diame gets injured, and with the wages his commanding we simply can’t afford to be paying big money to a player who’ll come on for the last 15-20 minutes, he won’t like it and the fans will become frustrated! I feel a move abroad would suit Diarra quite nicely…

Matthew Taylor – Matty T hasn’t really featured for West Ham since the arrival of Matthew Jarvis from Wolves last year. The wings are pretty much covered and, like Diarra, I see Taylor as a cover option at best. I admire his work rate but feel that he isn’t up to the task anymore. With it being rumoured that a couple of Championship sides are keeping their eyes on Taylor, I see that as the perfect opportunity for the man to go and a play some first team football. Lets not lie about it, Taylor hasn’t got the ability anymore to compete with players Like Jarvis, Downing and Ravel. Even in his prime he was known for the odd spectacular goal; more than anything else!

Stephen Henderson-Signed from cash strapped Portsmouth last season, Henderson has failed to start any Premier League games; featuring in a couple of cup games. Now with the summer arrival of Adrian to go alongside Jussi Jaaskelainen, and reserve goalkeeper Spiegel, that means we have 4 goal-keepers on the books, so I feel letting Henderson go wouldn’t do us any harm; most fans probably wouldn’t even notice. After a loan spell to Championship side Ipswich Town, Henderson put in some strong performances, but since returning he has remained pretty distant from any first team activities so its surely only a matter of time before Hendo is off again?

Ricardo Vaz Te – This was a difficult one to put down as I still think that he could be a valuable asset to the club but with the inclusion of Stewart Downing I struggle to see where Vaz Te will fit in? Last season he was mainly played out of position and I feel that If he was played as a left winger or upfront he’d do well, but the manager knows best! If a decent enough offer came in for Ricardo I feel it would be wise to allow him to move on, for a Championship team he’d do well. I think chances will be limited for Ricardo this season and although I massively appreciated he contribution in our play-off winning season, you have to move on in football!

Gareth Bale, 24, is free to join Real Madrid after Tottenham agreed a world record £86m deal with the Spanish side.

Daily Mail

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has refused to rule out the possibility of offering Juan Mata, 25, to Manchester United as part of the deal to sign Wayne Rooney, 27.

Metro

Mourinho believes Rooney's desire to leave Manchester United is David Moyes's fault for suggesting the striker would be a second-choice player this season.

the Guardian

Chelsea still want to sign Rooney despite their interest in Anzhi Makhachkala striker Samuel Eto'o.

Daily Mirror

Arsenal believe they can still persuade Rooney to sign for them, with manager Arsene Wenger also keen on QPR keeper Julio Cesar.

Daily Star

Tottenham are preparing a £30m bid for Zenit St Petersburg forward Hulk, 27, as well as a £26m deal to sign Roma striker Erik Lamela, 21.

Daily Mirror

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers wants Chelsea winger Victor Moses, 22, on a season-long loan at Anfield.

Daily Mail

Arsenal have been told they must pay £20m if they are to sign Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye, 27.

Daily Mirror

The Gunners are also considering a £38m move for Real Madrid's 24-year-old midfielder Mesut Ozil.

the Sun (subscription required)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has blamed the media for "brainwashing" Gunners fans into thinking there is a crisis at the club.

: Daily Mirror

Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay is backing striker Fraizer Campbell, 25, to earn a recall to the England squad, after his goals helped defeat Manchester City on Sunday.

talkSPORT

Manchester United's new £15m signing Wilfried Zaha is apparently already fed up with life in the city, tweeting: "Rather bored. Any serious suggestions of what to do in Manchester?" His tweet was soon deleted. (the Sun)

i know of a nice place in essex

http://108.60.65.6/none/1408/06.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by cockney hammer on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2015 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Re: monday's news 26th august includefs wes tham

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Thanks CH.

More BOTD in that pose please. :thup:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

morning steve. bank holiday today..you are allowed a late start!
OFT
Has liked: 3206 likes
Total likes: 1839 likes

Post by OFT »

Ta Your CHness

BOTD has a smashing set of curtains :D
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 436 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Cheers, CH.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Cheers CH
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers Ch :thup:
Lotus61

Post by Lotus61 »

Morning CH,
Thanks as ever
Ssc2011

Post by Ssc2011 »

Appreciated as ever CH
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

THE SUN: Jose Mourinho has blamed David Moyes for causing Wayne Rooney's Manchester United transfer hell

Bargain buy Fraizer Campbell stunned the billionaires of Manchester City as Cardiff stormed to their first Premier League win.

DAILY MAIL: Gareth Bale is free to join Real Madrid today after Tottenham agreed a world record £86million deal with the Spanish giants last night.

Jose Mourinho last night told David Moyes: I didn't unsettle Wayne Rooney, you did.

DAILY MIRROR: Cardiff boss Malky Mackay backed match-winner Fraizer Campbell for England after his team stunned Manchester City.

DAILY EXPRESS: Fraizer Campbell has been backed for England honours after his second-half brace stunned Manchester City. Also: Jose Mourinho says David Moyes is to blame for Wayne Rooney's misery at Old Trafford.

DAILY STAR: Jose Mourinho insists David Moyes is to blame for putting Wayne Rooney at the centre of a bitter transfer tug-of-war.

New boys Cardiff were celebrating one of the great days of their history last night after stunning Manchester City.

THE TIMES: Manuel Pellegrini attempted to shift the emphasis away from Joe Hart but there was no escaping that it was the Manchester City goalkeeper's late mistake that tipped the game in favour of Cardiff City yesterday.

DAILY TELEGRAPH: Cardiff City celebrated their return to the top flight of British football with a victory that left manager Malky Mackay singing the praises of a club who had weathered some tough times - and backing his striker Fraizer Campbell to add to his one England cap.

Tottenham Hotspur have finally agreed the world-record 100million euro transfer of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.

THE GUARDIAN: Manuel Pellegrini blamed his team's defending for the two second-half Cardiff City goals from corners that consigned Manchester City to a shock 3-2 defeat in south Wales.

THE INDEPENDENT: As home introductions go this was dreamland for Cardiff City as Malky Mackay's newly-promoted outfit pulled off one of the biggest shocks in Premier League history against Manchester City.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

It's finally over … we think. Gareth Bale to Real Madrid is a done deal, according to a Daily Mail "exclusive", which reports that the Welsh winger is free to sign for the Spanish side after Spurs chairman Daniel Levy agreed a world record £86m deal with Florentino Pérez, the president of the Spanish club yesterday. The paper reports that Spurs have agreed a series of discounts "if Real can accelerate the three stage payments discussed during the meeting", which means the Spanish outfit could end up paying a mere … um, £78m for Bale, who will earn a whopping £300,000 per week over the course of a six-year deal.

The player's first order of business will be to juggle a football, say a few words in Spanish and hug a small child at a lavish presentation before 50,000 supporters at the Bernabéu on Tuesday. Having shipped out their prize asset, Tottenham complete their purchases of Roma's Argentinian winger Erik Lamela and Steaua Bucharest centre-back Vlad Chiriches. "The two clubs have agreed to transfer him," said Steaua manager Laurentiu Reghecampf on Saturday. "I can not say the amount for which [he was] transferred, but it is very high." In other Spurs news, the headline-hogging club are also being linked with a £30m move for Zenit St Petersburg striker Hulk, but may opt for Roma's Bosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic or Chelsea's Senegalese striker Demba Ba if Zenit refuse to lower their asking price of £40m for the Brazilian goal-getter. "We've been linked with numerous names during the transfer window but what you can expect is Tottenham to bring more players in," said André Villas Boas after his side's win over Swansea City yesterday. "That is the only thing I can tell the fans."

Playing the kind of straight bat Geoffrey Boycott himself would be proud of, José Mourinho deflected questions over the future of Juan Mata at Chelsea, amid speculation the Spanish midfielder could be offered to Manchester United in part-exchange for Wayne Rooney. "That's hypothetical, because they didn't ask," said Mourinho. "The two answers we got from Man United is 'we don't accept the bid', 'we're not interested in selling the player'." Chelsea are expected to make another bid to sign Rooney after tonight's Premier League encounter between themselves and Manchester United at Old Trafford, while the Sun reports that Mata is also wanted by Atletico Madrid on a season long loan. And with approximately 342 midfielders fighting over four first team berths at Chelsea, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has decided he might chance trying to bring Victor Moses to Anfield on a season long loan.

Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil is wanted by Arsenal, who are reported to be preparing a £38m bid for the German, but may have to fight off competition from Manchester United, who are also reported to be interested in acquiring his services. Arsène W anker also wants to bring QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar or his Real Madrid counterpart Iker Casillas to the Emirates and hasn't entirely ruled out the prospected of torpedoing Chelsea's ambitions to purchase a certain Manchester United striker.

W anker is still hopeful of landing Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema, who will only be sold by the wad-waving Spanish side if they can land Liverpool's Luis Suárez as his replacement. Arsenal are also in talks with Real on the subject of a move to London for Argentinian winger Angel Di Maria, a player who has this summer been linked with more clubs than you'd find in the average golf bag. In a move that would be as good as a new signing for Arsenal, confidence's Nicklas Bendtner is believed to be on the verge of leaving the club and inking a deal with Crystal Palace.
Last edited by cockney hammer on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
rciron
Has liked: 298 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup:
North East Iron

Post by North East Iron »

Cheers fella

:thup:
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Appreciated as ever CH.
EastLondonHammer

Post by EastLondonHammer »

Thanks CH.

:crest:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Chelsea still want to sign Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney despite their interest in Anzhi Makhachkala striker Samuel Eto'o.
Spurs are preparing a £30m bid for Zenit St Petersburg striker Hulk as well as a £26m deal to sign Roma forward Erik Lamela.
Manchester United could ditch plans to sign left-back Leighton Baines and concentrate their efforts on signing his Everton team-mate Marouane Fellaini.
Joe Kinnear insists he is not a threat to the job security of Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew.
Meanwhile, the Magpies have told Arsenal they must pay £20m for French midfielder Yohan Cabaye - with 75 per cent of it up front.
Crystal Palace have launched an ambitious bid to sign Arsenal's out-of-favour striker Nicklas Bendtner.
Barnsley will try to sign Swansea City striker Leroy Lita and hope a £9,000-a-week loan offer will be accepted.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has blamed the media for "brainwashing" Gunners fans into thinking there is a crisis at the club.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has blamed Manchester United counterpart David Moyes for causing Wayne Rooney's Manchester United transfer hell.
Arsenal are considering a £38m move for Real Madrid's 24-year-old midfielder Mesut Ozil.
Spurs have agreed an £8.5m move for 23-year-old Steaua Bucharest defender Vlad Chiriches.
Atletico Madrid want to take 25-year-old Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata on a season-long loan.
Southampton striker Billy Sharp, 27, is poised to seal a move to Scottish champions Celtic.
Cardiff, Swansea and Stoke are in a three-way battle to sign 32-year-old West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie.

Jose Mourinho insists David Moyes is to blame for putting Wayne Rooney at the centre of a bitter transfer tug-of-war.
Meanwhile, Arsenal believe they can still persuade Rooney to sign for them, with manager Arsene Wenger also keen on QPR keeper Julio Cesar.
French midfielder Yohan Cabaye has told Newcastle he won't play for them while his future is up in the air with Arsenal looking to make an improved bid.

Gareth Bale is free to join Real Madrid after Tottenham agreed a world record £86million deal with the Spanish giants.
Jose Mourinho told David Moyes: I didn't unsettle Wayne Rooney, you did.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers wants to sign Chelsea winger Victor Moses, 22, on a season-long loan.
Crystal Palace and West Brom have enquired about Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner who is valued at £3m and wants to stay in the Premier League.
Meanwhile, Palace are also interested in Brighton striker Ashley Barnes and 20-year-old Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
Sunderland have had a £5m bid rejected by Roma for midfielder Michael Bradley, who the Italian side value at £10m.
Everton are in discussions with former Liverpool midfielder Momo Sissoko, 28, who is available on a free from Paris Saint-Germain.
Southampton want to sign Valencia winger Pablo Piatti, 24, on a season-long loan with Everton, Celtic and Rennes also tracking him.
Newcastle watched Marseille pair Andre Ayew and Andre-Pierre Gignac at the weekend.

Cardiff striker Fraizer Campbell has been backed for England honours after his second-half brace stunned Manchester City.
Jose Mourinho says David Moyes is to blame for Wayne Rooney's misery at Old Trafford.

Tottenham Hotspur have finally agreed the world-record 100million euro transfer of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.

Arsenal are confident of signing forward Angel di Maria from Real Madrid and have also inquired about out-of-favour goalkeeper Iker Casillas.
Tottenham are tracking Inter Milan left winger Alvaro Pereira who played under Andre Villas-Boas at Porto.
Newcastle have made a bid of around £7m for Marseille midfielder Andre Ayew as they look to replace Arsenal-bound Yohan Cabaye.
West Brom are tracking Marseille striker Andre-Pierre Gignac, 27, who scored the winner against Valenciennes at the weekend.
Everton have held talks with Juventus about midfielder Luca Marrone.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Nice one CH!

BOTD reminded me of the oysters I was quaffing last night :D
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Cheers CH.
kosherhammer
Total likes: 29 likes

Re: monday's news 26th august includefs west tham

Post by kosherhammer »

Thank you CH
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Re: monday's news 26th august includefs west tham

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham winning race for Quagliarella

It is no secret the Bianconeri hope to cash in on the experienced forward having signed Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez this summer.

And while Inter are also thinking about recruiting the 30-year-old, it looks as though English Premier League will be his next destination.

Sunderland and West Ham are believed to be keen on Quagliarella, but it appears that the player would prefer a move to England’s capital.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce is hoping to pair the Italy international with Andy Carroll at Boleyn Ground, with West Ham officials set to intensify their contacts with Juventus in the coming days.

Fabio Quagliarella, who joined Juventus from Napoli two years back, has scored 13 goals in 50 Serie A matches for the Bianconeri, but it is important to note he started less than a half of those games.