Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Rays Rock »

Apart from his obviously screwed up and past it body, AC has another problem. I’ve noticed even more so in the last couple of seasons of defenders feigning all sorts against him and getting 95% of decisions in their favour if AC even as so much we breathes on them. His reputation as a physical striker goes before him and refs are buying the con every time.

I'm afraid his career seemed washed up long ago. But good luck to him.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:oops........

the Barcodes haven't had a great window imvho

Bruce will set them up not to lose...they'll be like us under BFS
Ironic: the night Dudley Dinosaur finally did himself in with the remaining support and his hand cupping, it was Steve Bruce’s equally appalling team we were up against
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

He scored the odd great goal, but was a hugely unprofessional let down. Haller is going to show how a fully fit 6ft3 athletic centre forward can perform this season.

I’m grateful we will never have to watch Carroll put on claret and blue ever again, fortunately we are now aiming higher.

Unplayable on his day, which was hardly ever, which tbh is the bare minimum of what I would expect from a premier league forward.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

e-17

although the Bruce Hull team were awful, I am pretty sure that they had more possession with 10 men than we did with 11.

I could be wrong....not sure where to even look for the stats but memory seems to fall that way....
POP POP POP Robson
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by POP POP POP Robson »

If I hear "on his day" one more time......
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

POP POP POP Robson wrote:If I hear "on his day" one more time......
another one of those "the less they play, the better they get..."

3 maybe spectacular goals and he's a legend. he bought his status...

:asleep:
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

STOP PRESS:-

Carroll picks up "butterflies in the stomach" freak injury on the way up to Newcastle today and will be out for 3 months.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Good luck to the big chap.

:thup:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

he shafted west ham for 6 years playing less than half the games. totally unprofessional waster who I doubt will appear more than 10 times this season.

glad we have finally moved on from him.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

He will be fit as a flea, bang in 15 goals and get called up for England by next summer.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

vietnammer wrote:He will be fit as a flea, bang in 15 goals and get called up for England by next summer.

I mean, it's the most West Ham thing that could ever happen, so I wouldn't be surprised, but in reality when 'fit' last season he looked finished, his legs had literally gone, he looked awful.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

looked like an old cartrhorse ! he has found his Geordie field before the glue factory !
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:e-17

although the Bruce Hull team were awful, I am pretty sure that they had more possession with 10 men than we did with 11.

I could be wrong....not sure where to even look for the stats but memory seems to fall that way....
I can’t remember what I had for tea last night, but I don’t forget bandy nights out at UP - they indeed played like the home team that night mate. One of those appalling evenings where if an oppo had scored secretly there’d have been a bit of relief in us having to play a bit. But as soon as we did, it was clear Brucey had literally no plan b beyond aiming for a point.

Wouldn’t want to be a Newcy Brown enthusiast next season, they’re about to experience generic survival football 2014
B.H
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by B.H »

Never really been a Carroll lover, felt you might get one good game in three if you were lucky.

I would have said one in four but the fourth game he was always injured !!

That aside, I think he'll struggle to run down the tunnel let alone run on the pitch. But what could be interesting this year with him is VAR. Over the years, I've noticed the amount of times he gets barged blocked held etc is ridiculous especially in the penalty area, so all things being equal (Not that they ever are) a few penalty kicks could well be coming Newcastles way. Although they've got to get him out on the pitch first. :lol:
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

He'll obviously score against West Ham, even if it's the only game he plays all season
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

The most West Ham thing would be that his
his career fades into the ether having left after he enjoyed the fattest pay cheques whilst with us for little return.
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

Good riddance, not sure what the love in is with him. Hardly a 'faithful servant' and used to berate teammates anytime he was on the pitch for not closing down enough, when he's easily the least mobile player ever.

Scored a couple of worldies but I always felt that his injuries were self impacted by his lifestyle. Surprised people are wishing him luck, he held this club back and stopped us getting a reliable Striker by earning 90k for doing f*** all for the best part of 6 years.
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Good luck and all the best, Andy.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

The Green Man wrote:he held this club back and stopped us getting a reliable Striker by earning 90k for doing **** all for the best part of 6 years.
No, he didn't sign the cheques or so the scouting. The board stopped us getting a reliable striker, and instead took punts on freebies and loans instead.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

He's going to need to adapt his game when he gets fit. Refs just won't let him play like he wants to anymore, the last few games for us he was giving away a free kick nearly every time he went up for a header.