Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1068 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

Post by pezza20 »

Love the Noble love in - but in reality his playing days are coming to an end - he is only playing in the Carabao cup games for a swansong, let's not kid ourselves he will not get a kick this season if Soucek, Kral and Rice stay fit.

He will not be leaving the club in any case, he will have a job for life there - he will no doubt be a coach but he is more likely to be a club ambassador and helping new players settle in whilst being around the training pitch too. There is no way the club see this as a parting of the ways. Of course he himself may want to get entirely away fro. football, he has a property business and other businesses too that he may want to focus on - he certainly doesn't need the money !!
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3177 likes
Total likes: 2316 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

PF. wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:02 am I'd trade my left nut to see Nobes lift a trophy this year.
Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:23 am Why not all three?
Can't believe PF has three nuts?? :shocker:
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3677 likes
Total likes: 2383 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

pezza20 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:31 am Love the Noble love in - but in reality his playing days are coming to an end - he is only playing in the Carabao cup games for a swansong, let's not kid ourselves he will not get a kick this season if Soucek, Kral and Rice stay fit.
Of course not, and rightly so.

Good luck finding a 4th choice centre mid that can hold their own against the likes of De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Gundogan though.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 871 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I am already getting misty eyed at the thought of saying farewell to Nobes next May.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

I'm not claiming to be ITK..

But I have it, on good authority, that Nobes will be staying on at the club, as head steward.
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

pezza20 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:31 am Love the Noble love in - but in reality his playing days are coming to an end - he is only playing in the Carabao cup games for a swansong, let's not kid ourselves he will not get a kick this season if Soucek, Kral and Rice stay fit.
Kral probably needs to have a few decent games for us before I’d be making that claim, Pez. Seen enough “replacements” for Nobes over the years to not bet my house on one decent game for us.

You’re right on this being his swansong though. He’s going out on his own terms.
Awooga_Iron
Has liked: 81 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Awooga_Iron »

S-H wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:25 am I'm not claiming to be ITK..

But I have it, on good authority, that Nobes will be staying on at the club, as head steward.
Under Deck the slang term is "Chief Stew"
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

I think he knows that his playing career is coming to an end and as I have mentioned previously he has for a good few years been working on his plan B outside of football.

I think (and this is certainly only my opinion) that he will get involved in the youth setup. He spends a good few days a week at Chadwell Heath, not just as club captain but also because he enjoys it.

And you never know Noble Jnr is at the academy (on merit I might add, not just because of who his old man is) so we may see another Noble pull on a West Ham shirt.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3015 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Disagree he is playing cup games for a swansong.
He is playing games because the manager trusts him to do a job, whether anyone other than DM thinks he should is irrelevant (to the fact why he is playing). I find it amazing that anyone thinks. manager of DMs experience would play someone due nostalgia and tribute.

My opinion is a CM of Kral and Soucek in the PL would be very limited in possession. Noble plays because of his ability and composure with the ball. And obviously the impact his presence has on the team.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

I'm normally against setimental caps but I'd love to see Southgate call him up for a friendly game.
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 247 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Oh how I remember standing the BML, singing about the upstart young teenage being better than Roy Keane....

The word legend is thrown around a bit like confetti for me, but this fella IS a West Ham United legend and I really hope we get to win something for him this season.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3677 likes
Total likes: 2383 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

El brooko79 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:49 am Disagree he is playing cup games for a swansong.
He is playing games because the manager trusts him to do a job, whether anyone other than DM thinks he should is irrelevant (to the fact why he is playing). I find it amazing that anyone thinks. manager of DMs experience would play someone due nostalgia and tribute.

My opinion is a CM of Kral and Soucek in the PL would be very limited in possession. Noble plays because of his ability and composure with the ball. And obviously the impact his presence has on the team.
:newthumb:
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 363 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:24 am Oh how I remember standing the BML, singing about the upstart young teenage being better than Roy Keane....

The word legend is thrown around a bit like confetti for me, but this fella IS a West Ham United legend and I really hope we get to win something for him this season.
"He's only seventeen, he's better than Roy Keane"

Takes you back doesn't it, and Nobles humble, almost embarrassed look on his face when that was sung.

Agree, Mark Noble fully deserves his place amongst our small batch of club legends :scarfer:
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 524 likes

Post by Denzil »

rigoberts song wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:19 am I'm normally against setimental caps but I'd love to see Southgate call him up for a friendly game.
He strikes me as the type that would only want to be there on merit.

2016 he deserved a call up. At least a chance to show what he could do.
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

Can someone please post a link to the interview a few in this thread are referring too?

TIA.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

So "he's past his best"

He proved his worth against a good side on Wednesday.

On occasions our team would be better with him playing alongside Dec and Tom, leaving out the disappointing Benrahma. His penetrative passing around the box alone would compensate for dropping a forward.

Modrich is still playing for his country at 36, not ageist in Croatia.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

After al the euphoria tonight just want to say well done to Mark Noble, along with the amazing backrrom team he has played a magnificent role in creating the team spirit and his encouragement and guidance has played a major part with players such as Johnson and so many others over the years become the players they are today.

Thank you Mark you are a true West Ham legend :heart: :crest:
V-M
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

1st class again tonight with an excellent penalty as well :clap:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

V-M wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:23 pm 1st class again tonight with an excellent penalty as well :clap:
Yep.

Excellent tonight.

Well in, Skip.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I thought Nobes was terrific last night