Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

Post by Colours never run »

Pretty much since he 1st played for us, to the day he'll finally hang up his boots, he's always been Mr Consistent and ever reliable for us. It's why I continue to have faith in him playing this season as I see no real drop in the qualities he offers, even though he's never had any legs. For the most part this season, when he has been called upon to start we've played well and picked up very positive results - be it yesterday, or in the European wins, or indeed away in the Cup at Old Trafford. None of it's sentimental, based purely on the ability he still has. And I look forward to the big part he'll now play in his final half of the season, at the business end.

I also believe he's been under used during the 1st half of the season, some games he really should have been more involved in - like the Spurs away.
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by norse »

"Noble scored his first goal for West Ham against Brighton & Hove Albion, the side's first of three in a 3–0 home win in January 2007 in the third round of the FA Cup, from an assist by Carlos Tevez."

15 years ago today.
London Fields Hammer
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by London Fields Hammer »

norse wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:35 am "Noble scored his first goal for West Ham against Brighton & Hove Albion, the side's first of three in a 3–0 home win in January 2007 in the third round of the FA Cup, from an assist by Carlos Tevez."

15 years ago today.
The assist for Mark's goal game from an Argentinian player starting his first game for West Ham.
lib2007
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by lib2007 »

Mark is a proper legend! So glad he's still with us!!
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

And the way his game time is managed these days means he always looks a lot fresher.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

On Talksport yesterday evening, Antonio Ferdinqnd was on the show that Darren Bent co-hosts. They also had Jack Wilshire on. They were discussing Mark Noble and Jack Wilshire said he was the best captain he had ever had and that he was absolutely vital to the success West Ham were having even if not in the team.
Anton Ferdinand clearly loves West Ham a lot
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1170 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:36 am On Talksport yesterday evening, Antonio Ferdinqnd was on the show that Darren Bent co-hosts. They also had Jack Wilshire on. They were discussing Mark Noble and Jack Wilshire said he was the best captain he had ever had and that he was absolutely vital to the success West Ham were having even if not in the team.
Anton Ferdinand clearly loves West Ham a lot
Unfortunately, Wiltshire’s opinions need to be stuck up his Harris given what he allegedly said to Lingard about staying at a ‘big club’. Source: Sky sports transfer thread…. So it must be true 😤
🇨🇿👍
Ps. Nobes is the best captain.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

According to Ex on his Patreon Noble has strained his knee ligaments and this could keep him out for a month or so.

Speedy recovery, skip. :newthumb:
honkytonk
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Noble

Post by honkytonk »

Apologies if I have missed it mentioned elsewhere but, Noble potentially out for a "while" after straining knee ligaments?? Wonder if we may hold onto Coventry now rather than sending him out on loan again??
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Re: Noble

Post by Georgee Paris »

Ah that would be terrible news if true.
honkytonk
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Re: Noble

Post by honkytonk »

I must add, I did only notice this on the font of all info that is Twitter (searching last night to see why he wasnt involved), so it could be complete rubbish
Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by Chadwell Chief »

What a man this bloke is. Suddenly dawned on me that I might lose something when he retires. Supporting West Ham won’t really be the same. Granted I’m younger than him so he’s been there most of my life but still, after the awful Greenwood stuff it certainly puts this lovely man into perspective.

Don’t even know what I’m really trying to say here except I love Mark Noble. Years of exulting him and slagging him off in equal over-emotional manbaby measure - wouldn’t have it any other way. Funnily enough I don’t remember the bad games and **** away days as vividly as I do the good times. COYI.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

How he came across in that video is exactly who he is, even if you meet him on the street. Very humble and very grounded, which I think his missus plays a big part in ensuring.

I do think a part of West Ham will die when he eventually retires.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

He has installed so much of his on and off field qualities into Declan..

I hope he may benefit from a sell on clause :winker:
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Top geezer.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

The bloke is ****ing everything our club should be about and it infuriates me like nothing else when people dig him out. Not the sort of comments that just say he is past his best etc but the personal ones and name calling like Slowble. It's so disrespectful to a genuine legend of our club. Gonna be really emotional watching his last game for us. I just hope we are in a position during the Man City game that we can get him on for one last time at home.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 156 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Chadwell Chief wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:02 am

What a man this bloke is. Suddenly dawned on me that I might lose something when he retires. Supporting West Ham won’t really be the same. Granted I’m younger than him so he’s been there most of my life but still, after the awful Greenwood stuff it certainly puts this lovely man into perspective.

Don’t even know what I’m really trying to say here except I love Mark Noble. Years of exulting him and slagging him off in equal over-emotional manbaby measure - wouldn’t have it any other way. Funnily enough I don’t remember the bad games and **** away days as vividly as I do the good times. COYI.
I'm older than Nobes and look at him like the little brother I never had getting to live all my dreams, and I take an inordinate amount of pride at how well he has played and conducted himself over his career. May never have been the fastest but people foregt the engine he had and how much ground he covered so long in his career. Got Noble 16 on a shirt for the first time this year as he is leaving and play futsal with pride wearing it and my mates know I think the wolrd of the fella. Will be gutted to see him go. I hope he changes his mind and comes back as a coach. Is he planning on going into commentating? Haven't read much about his plans. Maybe a break and just coaching with his own coaching business will leave him with a desire to come back to the club. I wish him the best whatever he decides. I hope he gets a few more games this season too.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

A legend. Of that there is no doubt
Hopefully posters will stop pulling up other posters for using the term 'United' for Man U now, given our captain and longest-serving players has no qualms about using it!
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:46 pm A legend. Of that there is no doubt
Hopefully posters will stop pulling up other posters for using the term 'United' for Man U now, given our captain and longest-serving players has no qualms about using it!
I'll NEVER stop pointing out to Man Utd fans that they ain't the only Utd :lol:
Kakophonix
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Kakophonix »

He must add another season. With Král and Lingard he would retire.. But we do not have Lingard and Kral Is having his Moscow returned ticket already packed in his suitcase...
So Mark must stay. Because of team, because of Rice... Because of West Ham.

Ronaldo is 36..Mark is a green horn still.