Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

Post by steveyrockstar »

Who'd have thought we'd all be sweating on his fitness for the following weekend now. The general mood when Rice was first crocked was "anyone but Noble", but he's come in and looked very solid in the defensive mid position. I think the issue comes when he's put in midfield alongside Rice and Soucek. It's obviously too defensive then.

Hopefully, his elbow injury isn't bad and he'll be okay for Saturday. The fact he wasn't moving his arm though suggested to me that it looked something more than an impact injury, but I'm obv no doctor.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Where's the latest news about Mark's arm?
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

Mark needs 1 more PL app to equal Kevin Nolan's record of most premier league games for an uncapped Englishman (401).

The most PL apps for an uncapped player of any nationality is Sylvain Distin (469). Doubt Noble will get anywhere near that. Can't see him staying in the PL beyond next season.
wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

steveyrockstar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:53 am Mark needs 1 more PL app to equal Kevin Nolan's record of most premier league games for an uncapped Englishman (401).
Disgraceful he has never got a cap, in an age where 12 year-old players with little or no senior appearances seem to get picked the fact he never even got to play in a friendly is just wrong.
Second ball2
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Second ball2 »

When he finished captaining the under 21s there were just too many favourites - Gerrard, lampard, scholes etc later, briefly, he had a chance on form but not on age.

Still. Good company with bonzo and dicksy.
Mayday
Has liked: 134 likes
Total likes: 282 likes

Post by Mayday »

If we make European football, I think our Mark would have one hell of a swansong.
Given the much slower pace of European football, he would have a lot more time on the ball to able to ping accurate passes about, and his lack of pace wouldn't be such an issue as it is in the Premier league.
Playing behind Rice and Soucek (we will keep them both), with Lingard (we will get him too), and two other 'attackers up top, he literally will be able to play the 'Cockney Pirlo' role, and I think rather effectively.
Last edited by Mayday on Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

I owe you a huge apology Mark, saying you were finished and not even Championship standard. You did deserve much more respect than that. I thought you were brilliant against Leicester City and Wolves. I won't be so worried about you starting for West Ham again, bravo. :crest:
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1035 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Second ball2 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:15 pm When he finished captaining the under 21s there were just too many favourites - Gerrard, lampard, scholes etc later, briefly, he had a chance on form but not on age.

Still. Good company with bonzo and dicksy.
That’s fair enough, but Winks, Huddlestone, Cleverley, Loftus-Cheek? Scandalous.
Second ball2
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Second ball2 »

Yeah, some real insults in there.
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

Tom Cleverly somehow won 13 caps.

Mark was never truly international class, I think his physicality let him down, but he absolutely should've picked up 1 or 2 caps, especially when you consider all the midfielders who've won caps during his time: Cleverly, Livermore, Huddlestone, Chalobah, Rodwell, Barton, Jarvis all spring to mind. I'm sure there's more
DublinDave
Has liked: 2752 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Mayday wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:23 pm If we make European football, I think our Mark would have one hell of a swansong.
Given the much slower pace of European football, he would have a lot more time on the ball to able to ping accurate passes about, and his lack of pace wouldn't be such an issue as it is in the Premier league.
Playing behind Rice and Soucek (we will keep them both), with Lingard (we will get him too), and two other 'attackers up top, he literally will be able to play the 'Cockney Pirlo' role, and I think rather effectively.
This is why I think he would have been brilliant for England, his footballing intelligence would have shone in international football... That's why we were after him, his grandparents are from Cork & I know he had alot of family pressure to take Ireland up on their offer after he had been overlooked by England for so many years..
In fairness to Mark, his reason for turning us down was that he wouldn't feel right taking an Ireland shirt off a lad that grew up dreaming of representing Ireland when his heart lay elsewhere... I respected him even more because of that...
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3680 likes
Total likes: 2384 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Mayday wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:23 pm If we make European football, I think our Mark would have one hell of a swansong.
I’ve had that exact same dream Mayday x :clap:
simon hammer
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Noble as Captain of our team in Europe as we charge to glory would be a hell of a way to finish his career...and nothing more than he deserves.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 672 likes
Total likes: 1307 likes

Post by davids cross »

Happy Birthday Legend...... :lol: :thup:

LeonRivers
Has liked: 1035 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

I love the team spirit we've got at the minute. :lol:
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1982 likes
Total likes: 4728 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

LeonRivers wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:36 pm I love the team spirit we've got at the minute. :lol:
Rice's instagram is something else :lol:
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Good to see the authority and respect he has. :lol:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

This from today's 'Mail'

I think you lot will enjoy this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... Canio.html
Kakophonix
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Kakophonix »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:50 pm This from today's 'Mail'

I think you lot will enjoy this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... Canio.html
‘Look, boss, I’m never going to be banging on your door at the age of 33, 34, asking why I’m not playing. I’m here, I’m your club captain, I’m here to support the players, you, and keep driving training.’

awesome :scarfer:
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by ChzMff »

That's brilliant all round and shows everything that is good about the club at the minute. I love that it's a real mixture of different countries and cultures there too. You regularly hear about fractured dressing rooms, divided by nationality or cliques. Admittedly it's a very short video but that doesn't look the case, even more so when you look at the togetherness on the pitch.