Football Manager Series

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Re: Football Manager Series

Post by MB »

The injury thing has been broken since the early 2000s! Having two players get exactly the same injury in the same training session etc. it is annoying but just one of those things I’ve learnt live with.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

MB wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:18 pm The injury thing has been broken since the early 2000s! Having two players get exactly the same injury in the same training session etc. it is annoying but just one of those things I’ve learnt live with.
I understand mate, but you'd think, for the money they charge, and the patches that they release, they would fix a simple thing like that.........

I mean it's not like it's something that appears just from time to time, or even just occasionally, it happens all of the time, with every team you play, irrespective who or were they are located.

as I mentioned, it should be random, but it isn't.

I just think that for as long as the game has been around, and as much as people play, it wouldn't Shirley be a huge fix ? I don't know anything about the way games are constructed, but one would think that whoever the people are that "programme" these things for want of a better word, would be advised to fix the problem once and for all.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

I played with the editor sometimes, and lowered my players injury proness and upped the biggest rivals players injury proness.
It worked to a certain point. Their level of injury was higher than mine, although not too big difference.

What was more annoying was that tired and slightly injured players at the biggest clubs played well, time and time again.
MB

Post by MB »

The injury thing is just not fun. My first choice left back did his knee ligaments. I sign a replacement who plays two games and then goes out for 6 weeks with an injury. The back up then gets injured so I play a kid there who gets injured during the match!
bobby0303
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by bobby0303 »

MB wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:51 am The injury thing is just not fun. My first choice left back did his knee ligaments. I sign a replacement who plays two games and then goes out for 6 weeks with an injury. The back up then gets injured so I play a kid there who gets injured during the match!
You must be playing as West Ham manager.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

MB wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:51 am The injury thing is just not fun. My first choice left back did his knee ligaments. I sign a replacement who plays two games and then goes out for 6 weeks with an injury. The back up then gets injured so I play a kid there who gets injured during the match!
always been a HUGE bugbear of mine and no doubt others too..

you just can't legislate for it. I remember a long time back in the former guise of the game that is....I had been chasing this one particular player for ages. he was the former version of a "wonderkid" who my scouts told me was a can't miss.

think he was a CF or summat. finally managed to get him to come over, ruptured his ACL or that first game in..

and NO, I wasn't playing as West Ham !!!

:crylol:

thing is, no matter which team you take over, there's always an ACL or that maybe 2 in your squad, usually one of the top players.

now that's understood it can happen.

BUT.

you bin that team off, take over some other team and lo and behold. same problem.

you can do that several times and it's always the same result.

it should be random.

for example I take over Leicester and there's say Maddison with a torn ACL or one of the top players. drop that, take over Leeds and you'll have exactly the same thing.

it's bloody ridiculous...

and then as you say, you'll get 2 or 3 injuries of the same type in training with players in the identical position as MB posted above...
mickfbrown72

Post by mickfbrown72 »

I have played every version of FM and for the past 5 years never had a problem with injuries. Do you invsest in the training ground and the phyio's and sports science?

If you don't you should.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

mickfbrown72 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:01 pm I have played every version of FM and for the past 5 years never had a problem with injuries. Do you invsest in the training ground and the phyio's and sports science?

If you don't you should.
yes mate I do or have...

on the club's facilities it said

top quality facilities

then there's been times when it's fallen behind and the club has agreed to upgrade. same for the youth ones.

same for physios and sports scientists.

always get injuries without fail.

even give players a day off if they look knackered or do pitch time or no gym time.

still get them.

as MB posts. even get players with the same injury in training. always get the player who strains himself lifting weights when there's no extra gym or strength training on the schedule.

young players at 18 getting double hernias due to "wear and tear."
mickfbrown72

Post by mickfbrown72 »

that's very strange, as I don't have any issues with injuries.
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by The Terminator »

I've been an avid player for the last 20+ years but I belatedly purchased last years then never really played it and have just decided to play the demo for this years, I've started a save as Stoke (no idea why TBH) and have started the season on fire, I'm doing much better than I usually manage, so it's got me thinking, is the demo set to be easier so it entices players to buy the game when it ends or am I actually just quite good at it this year?!

I'm concerned the second I purchase the full game my save will go down the pan :crylol:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

The Terminator wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:56 pm is the demo set to be easier so it entices players to buy the game when it ends or am I actually just quite good at it this year?!
Yes.

I've seen this sort of comment before and it definitely is the case.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

something went wrong with my save game. it wouldn't save any more.

anyway I decided to delete all and restart a new game.

Flamengo in Brasil

Thiago Maia before I took over already out with cruciate ligaments.

so I'm about 2 weeks into pre season

Henrique out with ankle ligaments
Souza out with knee ligaments
Alves out with a bruised ankle.

I've played 2 pre season friendlies.

I'll update this as the game progresses. as a couple of us have said.......the injury "bug" in the game has never changed.

1st actual game of the season

Rene bruised ribs
Vitinho bruised ankle

5 injuries already.......plus one that was injured when I got here...

2nd game

Michael twisted ankle in the 8th minute
Barbosa who came on for Michael torn hamstring 13th minute
Ramon broken lower leg in training

I won't bother any more I am guessing that you get the drift...

honest, I'm glad I download from an outside source, no way I paying out 40 quid or equivalent for a completely broken game that the producers have absolutely no interest in fixing.

wasn't going to post any more because it SO evident as to what the producers have completely not bothered KNOWING that people will continue to buy the game. sometimes, like myself, having played for eons, and loving football, it's a "must play."

3rd game in

Pedro pulled muscle.

9 injuries and only 3 games in. plus the long term injury

worst thing about this is that I can bin this game off, take over another team anywhere in the world, and I can guarantee that pretty much the injury list will follow this pattern in some way shape or form.

I have no clue at all mate, how you don't get any injuries.

I truly am puzzled.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

I've just finished 100 hours on the full FM23 and that's it; deleted and won't go back on this version (family have been away so had a ton of free time!).

Played as West Ham and downloaded the player update from sortitoutsi after the January window finished.

Season 1: finished 5th and won the Conference League
Season 2: finished 8th, lost the Europa Cup and FA Cup finals
Season 3: did a Leicester and won the premier league with 85 points and lost the Conference League final
Season 4 (100 hours / game end): Was 11th at the end of February and in the QF of the Champions League.

Didn't get the injuries as listed above however I do know that there is a link to quality of the medical team, the training facilities, the training and (importantly) resting players "at risk" / giving them light training / double intensity etc, pending on their own history and present needs.

I played with a 20-man squad only so most of the time with less subs than permitted.

My premier league winning squad was:

Areola, Trott
Aarons, Johnson, Zouma, Greaves, Kehrer, Thomas
Rice, Soucek, Paqueta, Brownhill, Scott, Lanzini, Fornals
Bowen, Johnson, Benrahma, Scammacca, Ings

I enjoyed the first three seasons but it got a bit repetitive in the fourth so not disappointed to put it down.
MB

Post by MB »

PF. wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:47 pm I enjoyed the first three seasons but it got a bit repetitive in the fourth so not disappointed to put it down.
It is the problem with starting as a team like West Ham. Once you work out a tactic and get a bit of money then it quickly becomes rinse and repeat without even needing to get all the wonderkids etc.

I'm regularly scoring 7s and 8s with only a couple of additions to the squad from after the summer window.

You have to drop down the divisions and build a club up for a challenge but then you lack the connection to the club to want to play in the first place!

The best FMs were always when we started in the championship. Think I may do an Orient, Southend or Colchester save.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

best time I EVER had was maybe 99/00 or around then I think. played as Rushden and Diamonds and went from the 4th division maybe to the 1st division and into Europe. had several players who ended up playing for England. think though there were several regens or WonderKids before they were labelled as WonderKids.

and you had pretty much unlimited money for them considering where they were playing.

think I read an article fairly recently where their ground has been demolished and they don't exist any more per se. maybe I'm wrong. not unknown.

:crylol:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

just a quick bump.

plugging away with 23.

first season ridiculous scoring 10-13 goals a game often, 6's and 7's regularly. haven't done anything to tweak it at all.

anyway moving along I'm in I think the 3 rd season.

SEVEN players gone to the Olympics for about a month. both my keepers. and obviously the best of the outfield players. and there's no break in the schedule I'm still playing 2 games a week.

how the bloody hell am I supposed to be able to maintain a decent first XI especially when out of the remaining players, top starters are getting injured in games and in training. again even if they're on no pitch or gym work for "x" number of days. how is it possible be be hurt in training from a "robust tackle" when they're not even on the pitch ?????????

I'm bloody glad that it's a moody copy and I didn't pay 40 quid or whatever it is.........

:swear:

oh and opposition subs.

they sub 1 or 2 players and you make the marking adjustments etc.

2 minutes later they sub another. you go through the marking adjustments etc. 1 minute later they sub the remaining players.

time and time and time again......

it's effin' annoying......
Crouching Peeky
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Crouching Peeky »

Is the person responsible for editing the West Ham data a user of this forum? Anyone know?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Crouching Peeky wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:40 pm Is the person responsible for editing the West Ham data a user of this forum? Anyone know?
I was asked to do it a while back but never got round to it - no idea who does it these days.
ArtieTheIron
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ArtieTheIron »

Last month in FM10 (yes, I still play FM10), I managed to do something I'd never done before: won every single trophy I could possibly win in a single season. With West Ham, obviously. That included managing to retain the Champions League (otherwise we wouldn't be in the Club World Championship).

Clearly it was an omen.

Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Did anybody play it on PS5? Worth a go?

Can you manage more than one team at a time? Liked this option years back. Meant you could make an almighty West Ham team and try to build up a team like the Os or Barnet too.