Football Manager Series

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Re: Football Manager Series

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Monaco

3 friendly games 1 Euro tie and Mbappe goes down injured for 2-4 months knee injury due to "wear and tear."

he's played less than 3 games

:D

already after 2 Euro games and 1 league game, 6 injuries - now the u-19's, reserves and 1st team lead the league in injuries

:?
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Tried playing 19 again over the weekend, just can't get into it

The player search is horrid, bring back the old normal version
Match engine is crazy, averaging about 5 goals per match
Opposition seem overly clinical
Missed 4 penaltys in a row
The team dynamics thing is awful
Players getting the ump stupidly quickly about not playing etc
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

Just won the Champs League with West Ham on FM19 Mobile in 3rd season. Great achievement but had a pretty easy run through the knockouts until PSG in the final which I won on pens.

Finishes 4th in the league, but was in the title race up until the final day. Was an amazingly close title race between 4 teams for the last few months of the season, at one point was 2 points separating 1st to 5th!

Current team:

GK: Timo Horn (£15.75m from FC Koln)
LB: Arthur Masuaku
RB: Callum Paterson (£13.5m from Cardiff) or Fredericks
CB: Reece Oxford
CB: Felix Uduokhai (£15.5m from Wolfsburg)
DMC: Declan Rice
MC: Nicolo Barella (£55m from Cagliari)
MC: Goretzka (£40m from Schalke) or Obiang
AML: Felipe Anderson/Dwight McNeil
AMC: Lanzini / Xande
FC: Pietro Pellegri (£50m from Monaco)

Oxford, Rice, Diangana, Xande and Holland all turn into quality players.

Anyone else playing on mobile?
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

I finished the full 30 seasons on mobile on this years and last years.

Always start with west ham but this year after 13 seasons I took the England job and after international success I tried to win as much across Europe as it allowed. I managed Bayern for 2 seasons, then AC Milan for two seasons,then Athletico for two seasons (ultimately winning each competition at least once). Then in the twilight seasons took over Derby who were scrapping above relegation to take them to a league title. They had 2-3 really top quality English youngsters that I had given international debuts to so a couple of key signings later I had a solid squad.

Although relatively basic compared to the Touch and PC versions, I enjoy the mobile version as it is a brilliant pick up and play game whilst having a poo at work or sitting watching tele.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

:crest: will be fun to play again, with some decent youngsters in the squad and plenty of players that can be easily offloaded.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I have downloaded the non league database and gone for a different type of challenge, taking over at Hornchurch FC (as they are recently called) in the Bostik league South :D

Needless to say its interesting, as my wage budget is completely maxed out before getting started and my team are absolutely rubbish. I also have one coach and no assistant, scouts or medical team. Without scouts you cannot see the attribute rating for any player so i basically had loads of players on trial until the board told me i can have no more, then after some friendlies could finally see their stats, then had to filter down further to those i could sign on non contracts so if they are actually any good a better team will nab them off me anyway whenever they please :lol:

Three games into the season and got absoutely dominated by Whitehawk and managed to keep it at 3-0...

Then lost 2-1 at home with a whopping 22 attempts on goal, and an awful 6 on target, as opposed to their 6 shots and 2 on target...

Then i won 2-0 away as the opposition went down to 10 men early on. My target is to just stay up so i am hopeful i can achieve that. I do enjoy non league though as its chaotic and a lot of focus is on arranging friendlies to make money and win some cup games in order to get some actual funds. It's certainly a diffeent perspective to managing at a professional level..
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

not sure that would be my cup of tea !!!!!

when there were 5 of us sharing an apartment there were 3 of us that played "properly" the other two flitted in and out.

we would do stuff like you mentioned. we would pick a random league and play each of us a different team of course.

it was so bloody hard and this had to be 99/00 or thereabout.

well done to you though.
(Dazza)

Post by (Dazza) »

The Gibbins wrote:I have downloaded the non league database and gone for a different type of challenge, taking over at Hornchurch FC (as they are recently called) in the Bostik league South :D

Needless to say its interesting, as my wage budget is completely maxed out before getting started and my team are absolutely rubbish. I also have one coach and no assistant, scouts or medical team. Without scouts you cannot see the attribute rating for any player so i basically had loads of players on trial until the board told me i can have no more, then after some friendlies could finally see their stats, then had to filter down further to those i could sign on non contracts so if they are actually any good a better team will nab them off me anyway whenever they please :lol:

Three games into the season and got absoutely dominated by Whitehawk and managed to keep it at 3-0...

Then lost 2-1 at home with a whopping 22 attempts on goal, and an awful 6 on target, as opposed to their 6 shots and 2 on target...

Then i won 2-0 away as the opposition went down to 10 men early on. My target is to just stay up so i am hopeful i can achieve that. I do enjoy non league though as its chaotic and a lot of focus is on arranging friendlies to make money and win some cup games in order to get some actual funds. It's certainly a diffeent perspective to managing at a professional level..
This is how i always start - much prefer doing a lower league save. Are you playing FM19?

Still on FM17 myself.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Yep i am playing FM19, i am still yet to complete a football season on it so trying to give it a fair go. I much preferred FM18 to be honest but i won so much silverware i am probably biased :D

When FM19 was first released it had more bugs than the usual FM releases in my opinion, it felt like every set piece was a goal at both ends so i just got frustrated and stopped playing. I managed to set myself up some set piece routines that stop me leaking as many goals but i hope for next year they completely overhaul the way set pieces are managed.

As for Hornchurch, played 3 more games last night and got 2 wins and a draw so hoping i have found a balanced tactic to grind out results in this league. Whilst we are terrible on a technical level, we do have some pace and a bit of physicality so might do alright this season.
Supreme

Post by Supreme »

Just recently got into 19 and enjoying it. Just finished 1st season with West Ham.

10th and a FA Cup Semi-Final. Pretty up and down season, hugely inconsistent. I started really well but then after 10 games my form really went out the window and I was battling with it ever since. Changing about my tactics probably a little too much attributed to the inconsistency.
I was very good going forward (Haller got 15 goals) but leaky as f*** at the back, and whatever I seemed to do either didn't work or made me completely blunt going forward. Will need a re-think in the summer.

I've also started streaming fairly regularly on Twitch, mainly this FM save. Feel free to drop me a follow!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

So this is going to be released on Stadia, and they say its going to be much faster, so thinking of buying stadia fo this alone, though I am sure the wife will get p*ssed off, when i'm lying in bed playing this on the TV!!
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Just fine her 2 weeks wages and let her rot on the reserves :thup:

Doing your press conferences out loud (whilst wearing a suit) will likely annoy her more.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Really looking forward to seeing Stadia.

They say you can play games on your mobile, while at work.... :shock:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

More details of 20 here...

Supreme

Post by Supreme »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:20 pmMore details of 20 here...
Was just about to post about these. If I'm not wrong, I think these are the first few feature announcements. Nothing ground-breaking so far, the development centre looks quite good.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
Overchuffed

Post by Overchuffed »

I've been reading reviews and thought about buying it this year but I've recently downloaded CM 9798 and started playing that again..you can bash a season out in a couple of days ! it was mainly to feel nostalgic - playing with Hartson & Kitson up front...reminded of the old Non EEC rule where you couldn't have more than 4 in your squad...been tricky having to drop one of Ludo / Berkovic / Lazaridis / Abou each week!

I've never been any good at them though - I just about kept WHU up in the PL (finished 14th).
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

Do you guys use genie scout in your football manager?

I can´t resist using it
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by The Terminator »

Tackler wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 am Do you guys use genie scout in your football manager?

I can´t resist using it
Yeah I use MacAssistant which is the same but for Macs, once I've established a core group of good young players I try and stop using it so I can attempt to unearth a gem myself, it's proper handy though when you want to narrow down a search for a certain position and in game scouts are pretty naff!
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

I have only used the genie if im doing an online save with mates as the transfer window is excruciating otherwise when everyone wants to scout and search players.

When i play alone i dont use it, not even sure if i see it as cheating i just choose not to and have always got by. But then i always play from a lower level like League Two or Vanarama National and usually explot the loan system and give trials to a lot of free agents to find the right talents which has worked most of the time. Usually my scouts are good as well, they are the first people i get rid of when i join a club and bring talented fresh faces in and i just assign them to scout particular positions in certain leagues and look for players whose contracts are winding down.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Be interesting to see what they do with FM20...personally i thought FM19 was a bit poor, and it was more buggy then their usual efforts upon release. I have only really got into one save but not really played it enough to justify how much i paid for it and hoping FM20 is better.

I am interested to see what this is like on stadia, i might just wait a while to see what people think of the platform as a whole. Only drawback (if people do this) is that on stadia you wont be able to use facepacks, badges and kits etc so might be best to continue buying via cdkey/steam etc if you like to download those extras.