Superhero ( & sci-fi / other relevant) films

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Re: Superhero ( & sci-fi / other relevant) films

Post by WCpete »

I read somewhere that DC are looking to offshoot up to 6 streaming shows a la Disney+ out of the The Batman movie. Doesn't seem like a broad enough universe for that, but hey ho.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Moon Knight 5. Yeah, I don't know how they're going to wrap this one up in one episode. They've left an awful lot to do.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 941 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

WCpete wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:57 am Moon Knight 5. Yeah, I don't know how they're going to wrap this one up in one episode. They've left an awful lot to do.
Only one episode left? Bloody hell, how's that going to work..? :chin:
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by last.caress »

Finally saw Loki. Liked it more than The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. It's strange because generally speaking I prefer slightly smaller, more grounded superhero tales over the more fantastical affairs full of "just because" dei ex machina, so I should've greatly preferred TFaTWS. Oh well. Enjoyed Owen Wilson's contribution far more than I thought I was going to.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:31 am Only one episode left? Bloody hell, how's that going to work..? :chin:
I hope they don’t try and wrap it up, there is no way they can make even a half decent job of it in 50 minutes.

Not everything has to be tied up with a bow.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:00 pm Re: The Batman.

I think a lot of people forget that Batman is the world’s greatest detective and no other Batman film has done that so well.

I think Robat Battinbat was a great Batman but bad Bruce Wayne. It’ll be interesting to see what he does with the next two films, I think he signed on for three in total.

I liked it, but was a little too long.
Fully agree however I think now he has past his grieving we might see more of Bruce side

Like batman begins they wrapped it up sooner and Alfred nudged him you need to appear to be Bruce Wayne .. play Polo etc

Then he had to appear to be a playboy.. bought that restaurant etc etc in the darkknight

Very good batman movie
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

wolf359 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:45 pm I hope they don’t try and wrap it up, there is no way they can make even a half decent job of it in 50 minutes.

Not everything has to be tied up with a bow.
I agree with that, and I don't think they will resolve all the character's arcs. Apparently there's not a second season coming, which I suppose makes sense.
last.caress
Star Raid-er

Post by last.caress »

Binged right through What If...?. Dull as f***.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Not enjoying Moon Knight to be honest. Started well but has trailed off big time.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

The only Marvel TV show I’ve enjoyed so far has been Hawkeye. Smaller scale, more focused and better storytelling and it knew what show it wanted to be.

Since Endgame, there’s been a lot of rubbish to be honest. The concept of the Multiverse doesn’t really help in keeping a connected cinematic universe flowing naturally.

I’d like to see them tone things down and go smaller at times but hey, just my opinion.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

smuts wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:45 pm Not enjoying Moon Knight to be honest. Started well but has trailed off big time.
I struggled a bit with episode 1 but episodes 3”2 and 3 were really good and I was fully on board. Episodes 4 and 5 have muddied the water now and I’m back to where I was when it started, confused.com
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

I liked episodes 4 and 5. But I think the series is an episode or 2 short of where it should be to end satisfactorily. Not resolving all of the plot lines is good, but a little more depth would elevate the series considerably.
last.caress
Star Raid-er

Post by last.caress »

Crashed right through Hawkeye. Without doubt the best of the MCU Disney+ shows that I've seen so far (haven't seen Moon Knight yet) but, even so, it didn't feel especially essential. None of them have.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

I think the best thing that can be said about Moon Knight is that Oscar Isaac has turned in an excellent performance. Must be a fun role to play for an actor. The show is fine. It's removed from the main body of the MCU which makes it more appealing to me, because... ffs take a rest MCU. I reckon Moon Knight's not going to change ur life ElCee, but I think you'll enjoy Oscar's efforts.
last.caress
Star Raid-er

Post by last.caress »

WCpete wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:21 pm It's removed from the main body of the MCU which makes it more appealing to me, because... ffs take a rest MCU.
Well that certainly appeals to me too, Peter. My biggest issue as things stand with the MCU is... well, the MCU. They've made it so big, they can never stop it or even reboot it (and of course, with the introduction of the multiverse, they'll never have to).

We're taking a few days' break from TV shows - I've a backlog of films noir, 50s sci-fi B-movies and martial arts pictures I've bought recently but not watched - and then we'll crack into Moon Knight and the final episodes of Ozark concurrently.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

The (probably) final trailer for Dr Strange & Multitude of Madness is out - minor new snippets. notably that shield

smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Moon Knight 5 was pretty good. Got me interested again.

Oscar Isaac is a cracking actor.
Kludgehammer

Post by Kludgehammer »

Early reviews for Dr Strange are coming in and they're wildly mixed - with headlines varying from "Bizarre but brilliant" to "total mess".

Haven't dared read the actual reviews for fear of spoilers before I see it on Friday.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

The trailers are certainly a mess. Looks like snippets of the film put into a blender.
Kludgehammer

Post by Kludgehammer »

They're tiny little snippets - they're trying not to give away anything significant from the plot, above what is already known from the casting and the title