Brexit referendum result aftermath

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hammer1966
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Re: Brexit referendum result aftermath

Post by Hammer1966 »

And to think he was called Mr Brexit by West Ham fans...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... dApp_Other

(first guy mentioned in the article)
Macca1973
Has liked: 1798 likes
Total likes: 1119 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

'I feel smug going through the short queue at the Eurotunnel, which is probably the only practical benefit of gaining EU citizenship for me'
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

EvilC wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:05 pm Brexit enabled what exactly?
Brexit enabled the free movement of labour which kept wages down, made working conditions worse for the lowest paid in society, which in turn saw the country become a service economy. It discouraged investment in youth training in certain industries as there was a steady source of skilled labour available from elsewhere who would do it cheaper, thus meaning competition for work. I know that probably doesn't mean much to you, but for large swathes of society, that was a real kick in the teeth. One of the reasons this government oversaw the gulf between the richest and poorest in society.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:26 am Brexit enabled the free movement of labour which kept wages down, made working conditions worse for the lowest paid in society, which in turn saw the country become a service economy. It discouraged investment in youth training in certain industries as there was a steady source of skilled labour available from elsewhere who would do it cheaper, thus meaning competition for work. I know that probably doesn't mean much to you, but for large swathes of society, that was a real kick in the teeth. One of the reasons this government oversaw the gulf between the richest and poorest in society.
You need to f*** off with the “it doesn’t mean much to you” stuff, it is an assumption and is b*llocks. It is precisely because I care about things like this that I am so against it. If I didn’t care about anyone else I’d vote Conservative. I don’t, even though it is probably against my own narrow financial interests.

I was told that we were importing unskilled workers. Now they are skilled.

With a dwindling workforce relative to non-working people, not replacing working age people leads to inflation, which leads to reduced global competitiveness and reduced living standards.

The government is perfectly able to pursue redistributive economic policies. It simply has not.

Brexit is going to make things worse, not better.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by last.caress »

EvilC wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:33 am If I didn’t care about anyone else I’d vote Conservative..
:crossed: Well that's their campaign slogan for the 2024 GE all sorted, anyway.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

EvilC wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:33 am You need to **** off with the “it doesn’t mean much to you” stuff, it is an assumption and is b*llocks. It is precisely because I care about things like this that I am so against it. If I didn’t care about anyone else I’d vote Conservative. I don’t, even though it is probably against my own narrow financial interests.
Sorry, must have missed the bit where you said you were concerned about the lowest paid in society being impacted by free movement of labour. Silly me. :o
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:24 pm Sorry, must have missed the bit where you said you were concerned about the lowest paid in society being impacted by free movement of labour. Silly me. :o
I haven’t said I’m not a neo-Nazi, a date rapist or a nonce. That doesn’t mean you get to accuse me of being one.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

EvilC wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:35 pm I haven’t said I’m not a neo-Nazi, a date rapist or a nonce. That doesn’t mean you get to accuse me of being one.
:crylol: Righto son. Whatever you say.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:12 pm :crylol: Righto son. Whatever you say.
What I say is what I said in my earlier post. You made a baseless accusation. It is out of order. Good of you not to back off, just double down, really quality stuff.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

EvilC wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:24 pm What I say is what I said in my earlier post. You made a baseless accusation. It is out of order. Good of you not to back off, just double down, really quality stuff.
You lost the moral high ground when you told me to f*** off. I can't be arsed arguing with you.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by last.caress »

Right, now see here: Neither of you are too big to go over my knee, in front of everyone! I will spank your little bumholes blue, and LIKE it! (I really will like it, you know)

So have a cuddle and a dance, Billy Bonds/Peter Withe-style.

xxx
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 868 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

last.caress wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:34 pm I will spank your little bumholes blue, and LIKE it! (I really will like it, you know)
Se people pay good money for that!

You should go back to page 178-182 when the result was being announced. :lol:
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:32 pm You lost the moral high ground when you told me to **** off. I can't be arsed arguing with you.
I didn't just tell you to f*** off out of the blue. I did it when you made an accusation, the same one you had already made over the previous few days, which was false.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

last.caress wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:34 pm Right, now see here: Neither of you are too big to go over my knee, in front of everyone! I will spank your little bumholes blue, and LIKE it! (I really will like it, you know)

So have a cuddle and a dance, Billy Bonds/Peter Withe-style.

xxx
:crylol:
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

EvilC quite clearly welcoming the prospect of being spanked by Elsie.

I'm next in the queue though.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:15 am EvilC quite clearly welcoming the prospect of being spanked by Elsie.

I'm next in the queue though.
I normally pay good money for this sort of thing and this time it comes with a free game of Star Raid.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

If Elsie has managed to turn NUMB into his own private knocking shop, then I would imagine that it will be one of the first occurences of someone actually coming away from it with a positive experience.

Good Work, Else.
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

So first European trip post Brexit and pleasantly surprised. Both Stansted & Palma airport had their act together despite huge number, yes it was rammed but the experience going out and coming back was 8/10.

Anyone else?
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Big George wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:44 pm So first European trip post Brexit and pleasantly surprised. Both Stansted & Palma airport had their act together despite huge number, yes it was rammed but the experience going out and coming back was 8/10.

Anyone else?
Been to Southern Spain twice. Both times fine and the Spanish Covid checkers have been great. Laughing and joking etc.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Ibiza was good. It feels like they are happy to have people back there after two years of no money.