UFC

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Re: UFC

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

UFC 275
June 11, 2022

Main card (ESPN+ PPV at 10 p.m. ET)

Main Card

Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka Title Fight
Valentina Shevchenko vs. Taila Santos Title Fight
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Zhang Weili

got the makings of another good card. Shirley they'll be more added to the main card ? not just 3 fights, it's usually 5 so maybe they'll be another couple of good ones..

UFC London

July 23, 2022

Curtis Blaydes vs. Tom Aspinall
Jack Hermansson vs. Darren Till

maybe a Pimblett or that added at a later date ?
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I cannot stand Till.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

S-H wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:19 pm I cannot stand Till.
I see what you did there !!!

:crylol:

he's not had a great last 5 fights, 4 losses and I think he's only on the card to fill out the 02.

lose this one and I think they might re-think his UFC future..
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Till’s career has mirrored Dan Hardy’s. Flew up the rankings with maybe one actual decent marquee win on the way (Thompson for Till & Swick for Hardy), got a title shot too early and we’re completely outmatched, then came crashing back down the rankings. If Till loses the next one, I’d expect Dana to cut him (possibly not if it’s a split decision and a good fight), but he’s on thin ice.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

UFC 276

July 2, 2022 T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas Nevada

Main Card

Israel Adesanya vs. Jared Cannonier Title Fight
Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway Title Fight
Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira
Pedro Munhoz vs. Sean O’Malley
Uriah Hall vs. Andre Muniz

just seems to have been posted.

cracking potential card...
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:36 pm Till’s career has mirrored Dan Hardy’s. Flew up the rankings with maybe one actual decent marquee win on the way (Thompson for Till & Swick for Hardy), got a title shot too early and we’re completely outmatched, then came crashing back down the rankings. If Till loses the next one, I’d expect Dana to cut him (possibly not if it’s a split decision and a good fight), but he’s on thin ice.
I kind of think this is how paddy the baddie will end up, I just don't see him making a big impression if he comes up against someone decent
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

taust68 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:25 pm I kind of think this is how paddy the baddie will end up, I just don't see him making a big impression if he comes up against someone decent
I hope the scouse **** gets starched in his next fight
taust68

Post by taust68 »

Slacking student wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:30 pm I hope the scouse **** gets starched in his next fight
But scousers don't get knocked out, yea we'll see
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

taust68 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:25 pm I kind of think this is how paddy the baddie will end up, I just don't see him making a big impression if he comes up against someone decent
probably true, I know completely nowt about the technical stuff per se...but he is good on the mike, very personable and his fights so far have been very watchable.

and the way the UFC is going, the ability to carry the mike, draw crowds, seems to get you up for a "top" fight these days.

I understand at the end of the day, winning is the BIG thing, but who honestly is going to watch Namajunas fight again any time soon ? Joanna hasn't fought for a while but everyone is going to watch her next fight.

Chandler is probably going to get whoever he wants pretty much, he's already called out McGregor. Dana might make that because that'll pull in massive numbers. McGregor doesn't deserve that fight, and they'll probably give him someone like Cerrone like they did last time. but Chandler knows he'll make a HUGE payday if that fight gets made.

Didn't Poirier turn down a championship fight to go at McGregor last time because he knew he'd make a packet ?

just posted

Molly McCann vs. Hannah Goldy announced for UFC London
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Couple good fights in Bellator tonight. Semtex went out with lovely KO after being grappled for 2 rounds, Leon Edward’s’ brother (Fabian 🤣) got a nasty knockout of Lyoto Machida. MVP vs 1 dimensional wrestler a **** headliner so far.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I feel like I'm cheating if I watch anything else than the UFC !!!!

:crylol:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

not a great fight, and I don't profess to understand how the heck they score these (nor does Daniel Cormier either it seems) but Holm got robbed by my limited knowhow.

it was a close fight on viewing, and I suppose when it was so close Vieira's corner was telling her, "your'e down 3-1 you need to finish her" which she didn't.

maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing or misinterpretating information or maybe that's not how they judge fights.....

but it seems in all categories that they "seem" to score on, Holm wins....

:chin:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

just announced

UFC 277

American Airlines Center, Dallas July 30.

Main Card

Julianna Peña (1) vs. Amanda Nunes (2)

Brandon Moreno (2) vs. Kai Kara-France (T4)

Derrick Lewis (6) vs. Sergei Pavlovich (T15)

Paulo Costa (7) vs. Luke Rockhold

Magomed Ankalaev (7) vs. Anthony Smith (8)

that's a heck of a main card right there....
taust68

Post by taust68 »

Paula Costa v luke rockhold looks an interesting fight,
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

just added to the London fight card

Paddy Pimblett to fight Jordan Leavitt at UFC London

UFC London takes place at The O2 and is also set to feature Pimblett’s fellow Scousers Darren Till and Molly McCann as they fight Jack Hermansson and Hannah Goldy, respectively. Also in action are U.K. standouts Paul Craig, Marc Diakiese, and England-based flyweight phenom Muhammad Mokaev. In the heavyweight main event, Curtis Blaydes fights English contender Tom Aspinall.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/5/27/2 ... ufc-london
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

quick bump for this

https://www.mmafighting.com/schedule

UFC 275
June 11, 2022

Main card (ESPN+ PPV at 10 p.m. ET); Prelims (ESPN2/ESPN+ at 8 p.m. ET); Early Prelims (ESPN+ at 6:30 p.m. ET)

Main Card

Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka Title Fight
Valentina Shevchenko vs. Taila Santos Title Fight
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Zhang Weili
Rogerio Bontorin vs. Manel Kape
Jack Della Maddalena vs. Ramazan Emeev
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Joanna vs. Zhang Weili

:shocker:
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Pretty much went as expected, at least in terms of results. Sounds like Schevchenko had a tougher test than anticipated, mind.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:28 am Pretty much went as expected, at least in terms of results. Sounds like Schevchenko had a tougher test than anticipated, mind.
she really did. I think it could have gone to the challenger. accidental clash of heads meant that Santos could hardly see out of her right eye for I think half way through the third and for the last 2. but she fought like a demon.

the late submission wasn't on the cards in the Texteira fight to be honest and again a fight that could have gone either way. but it was, as good old JR would say, "A Slobberknocker."

didn't see Joanna getting ko-ed and man she went out like a light too, and then as she stood up to go to the verdict she started taking off her gloves and I'm thinking..............
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/6/27/2 ... iocic-next

Dana White: ‘Jon Jones is ready to go,’ will face Francis Ngannou or Stipe Miocic next

There are no more delays expected for Jon Jones’ heavyweight debut, and now, he’s just awaiting word on his next opponent.

It’s been more than two years since Jones competed, but that long drought between fights could come to an end sooner rather than later. UFC President Dana White offered new details about the ex-champ’s return to action on Monday.

“Jon Jones is ready to go,” White revealed on The Jim Rome Show. “We’re just waiting for an opponent. It’s either going to be Francis [Ngannou] depending on how long his knee is going to take to recover or Stipe Miocic.”

Rumors about a fight between Jones and Miocic have been swirling for months; the UFC initially targeted a July date that never came to fruition.

Miocic wasn’t ready to return as quickly as the summer and instead hinted at a potential return by September, people familiar with the matter told MMA Fighting. The former champ hasn’t fought since he lost the UFC heavyweight title to Ngannou in March 2021.

As for Ngannou, he’s still rehabilitating his knee after undergoing ACL reconstructive surgery earlier this year following a title defense against Ciryl Gane in January.

Ngannou is also just months away from potentially becoming a free agent after fighting out his UFC contract, which is expected to expire at the end of 2022.

During an Instagram Live session, Ngannou stated that he’s approximately “two to three months” away from wrestling and grappling on his surgically repaired knee. Ngannou added he plans to sit down with the UFC soon to discuss his contract situation.

“Next week we will probably get a sit-down and talk a little bit and see where we are going,” Ngannou said. “We have to have a direction to know where we are going.”

There has been plenty of interest from both Jones and Ngannou about booking that fight in the past, but it remains to be seen if that’s the matchup the UFC ultimately pursues.

White is curious to see how Jones will look after such a long layoff – “Bones” will turn 35 in July.

“It’s very interesting because I’m a huge believer in ring rust,” White said. “But for all the negative things you could say about Jon Jones and his personal life and things that have happened, he’s the best. He’s definitely the best of all time.”