UFC

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Re: UFC

Post by taust68 »

DasNutNock2 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:59 pm Max Holloway is a f*cking animal. The chin on Kattar is absolutely unbelievable. What a savage beating. Threw nearly 700 strikes. Astonishing.
Yea completely dominant by Holloway, there was some good knockouts on the card last night, next week mcgregor v poirier who's your money on
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

McDickhead probably. Didn’t struggle with Poirier last time they fought and I don’t see much reason to believe it’ll be any different this time. Conor’s reach, power, timing and fight management is still kryptonite to most fighters in the division. Khabib manshamed him, of course, but he does that to everyone.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

DasNutNock2 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:00 pm McDickhead probably. Didn’t struggle with Poirier last time they fought and I don’t see much reason to believe it’ll be any different this time. Conor’s reach, power, timing and fight management is still kryptonite to most fighters in the division. Khabib manshamed him, of course, but he does that to everyone.
Although I note McGregor's trainer alluded to the fact he thinks McGregor could beat Khabib now.

I'd enjoy another mega fight after he disposes of Poirier and then has his head clean pulled off again by Khabib.
DasNutNock2

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Part of me hopes Khabib stays in retirement, as per the promise he made to his mum. The other part hopes he comes back and demolishes that prick again. Casuals and cretins don’t like his fighting style, whereas I think he’s as close to a perfect wrecking machine as I’ve seen. No-one in his weight category can beat Khabib.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

DasNutNock2 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:17 pm Part of me hopes Khabib stays in retirement, as per the promise he made to his mum. The other part hopes he comes back and demolishes that prick again. Casuals and cretins don’t like his fighting style, whereas I think he’s as close to a perfect wrecking machine as I’ve seen. No-one in his weight category can beat Khabib.
Yeah agree, I don't care what changes McGregor has made, he is not in Khabib's league or anywhere close to it.

I'd like to see him mangled again.
DasNutNock2

Post by DasNutNock2 »

This is one time I’m delighted to be wrong. Obliterated by Piorier 👍
taust68

Post by taust68 »

I was impressed with Michael chandler definitely got some power in those hands, another one to add to the light weight mix
DasNutNock2

Post by DasNutNock2 »

taust68 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:35 am I was impressed with Michael chandler definitely got some power in those hands, another one to add to the light weight mix
From what I’d heard about him at Bellator, he was always going to be a force in the UFC. Definitely one to watch.
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Volkov melted Overeem, you just can’t stand at range with him. If gets his takedown defence sorted he could be unbeatable.

Another insane finish from Sandhagen, poor old Edgar, he’s a legend but that was amazing technique.
taust68

Post by taust68 »

Could be a good fight tonight usman v Gilbert burns, they used to train together so should no each others strengths, my money is on usman he's just a machine
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

taust68 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:37 am Could be a good fight tonight usman v Gilbert burns, they used to train together so should no each others strengths, my money is on usman he's just a machine
Usman is a machine, he’s a bit boring but a beast I think wonder boy deserves a shot he’s been looking slick lately.
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Usman wants Masvidal after that mailing of Gilbert, avtually felt bad for him, started well but Usman is so powerful.

Izzy vs Blachowicz next, that’ll be interesting, anyone Jan touches melts usually, but will he be able to touch Izzy!
DasNutNock2

Post by DasNutNock2 »

When did welterweight get so boring? A real lack of exciting challengers at the moment. Plenty of gatekeepers with obvious flaws in their game plans, not much else.
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

DasNutNock2 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:26 pm When did welterweight get so boring? A real lack of exciting challengers at the moment. Plenty of gatekeepers with obvious flaws in their game plans, not much else.
Loads of them got old mate, Lawler, Maia, Cerrone.

I want to see Thompson fight Usman, see if he can dance round him. Failing that I’d love to see Chimaev get a shot although he’s just pulled out of his fight on March 13 due to covid!
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1682 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

taust68

Post by taust68 »

My_Sobriquet wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:19 pm Loads of them got old mate, Lawler, Maia, Cerrone.

I want to see Thompson fight Usman, see if he can dance round him. Failing that I’d love to see Chimaev get a shot although he’s just pulled out of his fight on March 13 due to covid!
Wonderboy one of my favourite fighters such a nice guy I'm sure he would be up for fighting usman not sure if he could keep usman of him for 5 rounds though, at least Gilbert showed that usman can be hurt
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

taust68 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:30 pm Wonderboy one of my favourite fighters such a nice guy I'm sure he would be up for fighting usman not sure if he could keep usman of him for 5 rounds though, at least Gilbert showed that usman can be hurt
That’s the thing isn’t it, over 3 wonder boy may be able to dance around him, but over 5 eventually Usman will catch him and melt his head like he does everyone else.
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Lewis knocks Blaydes out stone cold :lol: and wants Jon Jones next :shock:
taust68

Post by taust68 »

UFC 259 tonight good card, Jan v Israel the big one, would have preferred it if it was Jon Jones but still could be interesting, my money is on Israel I think he will be to slick and quick, although I hope I'm wrong
DasNutNock2

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Trying to care about these fights, but just can’t get excited for some reason. Dunno why, maybe I’m just less into MMA than I was when I was younger.

Talk of Dan Hardy coming out of retirement to fight Matt Brown, who called him out at least 10 years ago, a fight I’d far prefer to watch than some of today’s low-risk fighters jab at each other for 3 rounds.