UFC

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Re: UFC

Post by DasNutNock2 »

taust68 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:45 pm Vettoris head must be made of concrete, how he didn't go down from those head kicks
Has one of the best chins I’ve seen in the sport for a long time. Far too many glass cannons in the higher weight classes in recent memory.
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Glover Texeira 👍
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

DasNutNock2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:23 pm Glover Texeira 👍
Yea not bad for an old un, such a gentleman as well
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

man I can't belileve this fell to the bottom of page 2

there's been some awesome fights lately and last night at the O2 was blinding.

brilliant night for British fighters.

Meatball jumped into the ring with Pimblett after his win. both Scousers of course, one is a Liverpool fan the other an Evertonian. Rooney in the crowd. cracking night. well, early evening for me for once.

after his fight Paddy asked the crowd

"are you not entertained ?"

:crylol:
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Brilliant card last night, loads of action, and the only decisions were masterclasses in cage control. Aspinall is the man - that submission is incredibly difficult to get a win from, really technically impressive. Was expecting him to get a tougher test from Volkov, but he had absolutely no trouble.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

that spinning elbow from Meatball was awesome..

lights out......

I thought Volkov would be a really tough test too....

shame about Hooker, he used to be a tough fighter, but was less than ordinary last night..

Vargas landed a really heavy punch that almost caught Pimblett out but he recovered well and choked Vargas out

great card and some brilliant fights. the place was electric...
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Hooker fluffed his lines bigtime, but Allen brought the heat in the most impressive fashion. He can’t be far from title contention now. And yes, Pimblett did well to recover, didn’t lose his composure when he got clipped, and leaned on his grappling to get the W.
taust68

Post by taust68 »

Yea it was a good night of action, asplnal calling out the Aussie fella who beat Derek Lewis (forgot his name) should be an entertaining fight if it ever happens
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Numbers in for the event - $4.5M gate, biggest take for the O2. 9 bonuses handed out (one for every finish), joint most in UFC history. Dana absolutely purring afterwards, he loves the U.K. and has confirmed that, regardless of the schedule, they’ll be coming back this year for another event 👍
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I went in 2016 to see Bisping vs Silva, that was after West Ham vs Sunderland..

I don't really remember anything of that day..

:D
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

S-H wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:30 am I went in 2016 to see Bisping vs Silva, that was after West Ham vs Sunderland..

I don't really remember anything of that day..

:D
I was at 75 for Bisping vs Hamill, Cro Cop vs Gonzaga & Rampage vs Henderson. Absolutely electric atmosphere. I also went to 95 a few years later, which had a lower-key card but actually featured some serious names (JDS on the undercard, Marquardt, Hardy, Sonnen, Maia, Koscheck, Sanchez & Stevenson) and better finishes:

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

a bucket list Dan for me that's for sure.

the UFC actually love 'ouston too. one of the first post covid fights was there due to the city lifting the Covid rules along with Florida. think they had a fight card in Jacksonville and maybe some other place in Florida then 'ouston. HUGE crowd. think Derrick Lewis fought there (home town kid) but got battered.

not sure if it's Shevchencko or someone like her who lived and trained in San Antonio and I think she was on that card and gave her post fight interview in Spanish as well. might be confusing her with someone else but it kind of sticks in my mind.

what's the thoughts on Volkanovski vs. The Korean Zombie and Sterling vs. Petr Yan April 9th ?

https://www.sportsmanor.com/ufc-2021-re ... gest-year/

According to reports, UFC 257 sold in excess of 1.5 million PPVs. Thanks to that, the first quarter of 2021 brought ENDEAVOUR a sum of $283.5 million USD from their sports entities.

The second quarter brought in a reported sum of $258.9 million USD. Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier trilogy had a massive part to play in it as the fight had a buy rate of 1.8 PPVs overall and a live gate of $15 million USD. The earnings were boosted by other PPV events such as Adesanya vs Blachowicz and the heavyweight championship fight between Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou.

ENDEAVOUR reported another $288.5 million USD in profits in quarter 3. Aside from their PPV earnings, UFC made a deal with ESPN in 2019 for a sum of $1.5 billion USD for 5 years. They have significant earnings from sponsorships such Crypto Dot Com, Draft Kings, Modelo and etc. The forecast for this year is even higher than the previous. If UFC actually does manage to pull that off, it will be spectacular.

According to a report from Bloody Elbow, 90% of ENDEAVOUR owned sports entity profits are solely from the UFC. With $730 million USD worth of revenue in the first 3 quarters, the Endeavour revenue margin might hit the magic figure of $1 billion USD. That assumption comes after 2019 and 2020 saw profits of $860 million and $890 million USD respectively.

pretty impressive numbers.......
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

interesting card...or not ?

April 9, 2022
MAIN CARD

Alexander Volkanovski vs. Chan Sung Jung TITLE FIGHT
Aljamain Sterling vs. Petr Yan TITLE FIGHT
Gilbert Burns vs. Khamzat Chimaev
Mackenzie Dern vs. Tecia Torres
Aleksei Oleinik vs. Jared Vanderaa
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Dricus Du Plessis
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

I’d call that a great card. Burns & Khamzat, in particular, ought to be very interesting.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:45 pm I’d call that a great card. Burns & Khamzat, in particular, ought to be very interesting.
I'm looking forward to it.

not many will top that one in London, not just because of the "home" fighters did so well, but there were some tremendous fights on that card.

some cracking endings to the fights too.

and the whole place was absolutely rocking.

when Meatball jumped into the ring with Pimblett at the end of his fight, it just about made it 10 times better.

that really was some night.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Dana White: If Khamzat Chimaev wins at UFC 273, ‘we see him and Colby Covington next’

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/4/8/23 ... ngton-next

“I think that if Khamzat Chimaev wins this weekend, we see him and Colby Covington next,” White said on The Pat McAfee Show.

Chimaev (10-0) has been nearly flawless through the first four fights of his UFC. The 27-year-old native of Chechnya has outstruck his opposition 254-2 in total strikes and 112-1 in significant strikes while putting up historic numbers inside in the octagon.

those are ridiculous numbers by any stretch....

:shocker:
taust68

Post by taust68 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:39 pm Dana White: If Khamzat Chimaev wins at UFC 273, ‘we see him and Colby Covington next’

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/4/8/23 ... ngton-next

“I think that if Khamzat Chimaev wins this weekend, we see him and Colby Covington next,” White said on The Pat McAfee Show.

Chimaev (10-0) has been nearly flawless through the first four fights of his UFC. The 27-year-old native of Chechnya has outstruck his opposition 254-2 in total strikes and 112-1 in significant strikes while putting up historic numbers inside in the octagon.

those are ridiculous numbers by any stretch....

:shocker:
If chimaev blows burns away like he has everyone else then he is the real deal, I don't think he has fought anyone on Gilbert burns level yet so we will see
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

looking forward to the evening, prelims start here for me right now.

hope I can stay awake until late to watch the headliners

have to get up for our game fairly early doors - well fairly early doors for this old fart if he stays up until around midnight for the fights

:crylol:

I'm glad big JR is there because this fight Burns/Chimaev fight is a REAL Sloberknocker

The Rock tweeted Holy Sh*t what a fight

fight of the night

shame someone might lose..

29/26 uninamous but I'm no expert but it should have been 29/28 Chimaev

WHAT AN EFFIN' FIGHT

crowd are NOT happy because of the scoring....

well Volkanovski took the Zombie to the woodshed

fight stopped in round 4 and I'm not sure that the doctor should have stopped in in between round 3 and 4 and I don't think the Zombie won a round.. he got absolutely BATTERED..

not sure who can better this Aussie......a demolition without a doubt...
taust68

Post by taust68 »

Burns, chimaev excellent fight but I don't see chimaev beating usman on this performance, glad that sterling managed to beat yan, even if yan was a bad loser
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Can’t wait to see Hazmat vs Colby. Would be nice to see Covington get properly manshamed.