UFC

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Re: UFC

Post by taust68 »

I could see jones beating Miocic, not sure about about Ngannou who is an absolute beast especially since he has been working on his wrestling
Takeiteasy
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 685 likes

Post by Takeiteasy »

UFC 276

What a superb card, on paper.

I think Adesanya will find a way to pick off Cannonier. Izzy is a strong favourite but Cannonier will be such a dangerous opponent with the power he possesses. Izzy to find a way through for me.

I think Volk will get the better of Holloway again. Like Izzy, Holloway is a master at the stand up game, a beautiful boxer but I think Volk’s durability and ability to always have the answer means he’ll get the win, maybe less controversially than the last two fights between these two.

O’Malley is an interesting one. He’s a high level striker but this is by far his biggest test. I believe Munhoz has he strength and durability to live with O’Malley and can see him finding a way to win this one.

Looking forward to seeing Ian Garry in the prelims too.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:44 am UFC 276

July 2, 2022 T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas Nevada

Main Card

Israel Adesanya vs. Jared Cannonier Title Fight
Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway Title Fight
Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira
Pedro Munhoz vs. Sean O’Malley
Uriah Hall vs. Andre Muniz

just seems to have been posted.

cracking potential card...
just a bump because this weekend is looming large.

obviously July 4th is Independence Day in the States so you can expect both version I and II to be all consuming on the box this weekend. and maybe the Tom Cruise film too...

looking forward to this Saturday.

unfortunately we have a general strike here and there are blockades all around the city so all of our hot water and cooking (in general) is propane and they ain't letting the stuff through.

so I might be smelly and hungry by this Saturday but at least the liquor stores are full..

:crylol:
taust68

Post by taust68 »

Alex pereira v Strickland should be interesting, pereira has beaten Israel Adesanya twice in there glory kickboxing days, the second time knocking him out,
taust68

Post by taust68 »

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cerrone taps out in the 2nd well beaten and hangs them up..

no real surprise though he's not been at the top of his game for a while now. even so, he was a real trooper fought maybe 4 or 5 times a year at his best.

cheers for everything Cowboy..

:newthumb:

no spoilers but..

Vinny Mac, Triple H and Steph ringside.

Adesanya comes into the ring to The Undertakers music..wearing the hat and carrying an urn !!!! only missing Paul Bearer

:crylol: :crylol:
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Highly amused to hear Strickland got his ass handed to him. Pereira is the real deal, can't wait for his title shot.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:01 am Highly amused to hear Strickland got his ass handed to him. Pereira is the real deal, can't wait for his title shot.
yeah he was cuffin' awesome.

the main fight was a bit of a snoozer but Volkanovski is the real deal too. he absolutely battered Holloway and I think he is a superb fighter but was made to look ordinary by Volkanovski.

July 30th sees two more title fights with Nunes/Pena and Moreno/Kai Kara-France. that should be a pretty decent bill (I hope)

the week before July 23rd is in the O2 which sees again I hope, another pretty bloody good card.

August 20th is Usman/Edwards with Jose Aldo/Dvalishvili as the pre title fight.

September 3rd is Gane/Tuivasa which should be a good 'un and with Andrade/Fiorot which I think is scheduled in Paris.

some pretty decent cards on the go, glad I am not paying PPV prices, I'd be broke !!!!!!!!
taust68

Post by taust68 »

Also this Saturday is Rafael dos Anjos v Rafael Fiziev, Fiziev is always entertaining, literally puts 100% into every strike he throws
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

always feel the fights from the Apex have such small crowds there's no atmosphere at all though.

the fights from the 02 always seem THAT much better because it's absolutely raucous as are some fights in other places. Vegas pretty much is the home of the UFC and some of the crowds there are purely rich people who want to be at a UFC event. because though there's usually a big time name or a title fight, the atmosphere gets going.

other places who NEVER get fights (or almost never) seem to be fantastic in that I'm watching them on the box, and I'm thinking "I'd LOVE to be there even if there isn't a top top headliner."

the 02 is one for sure. some of the Brasilian venues are great too.

bet the fights from Paris with some home talent will really be fantastic.

I'm guessing though at my age, being at one of those places, I'd be asleep before even the prelims get under way !!!!! they'd have to wake me up for the main card.

I find it tough to stay awake now for the full Vegas fights. find a cup of expresso about 9 does the trick !!!!!!!!!!!

:crylol:
Takeiteasy
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 685 likes

Post by Takeiteasy »

I’m on night shifts for UFC London. It could work out perfectly. :newthumb:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

taust68 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:50 pm Also this Saturday is Rafael dos Anjos v Rafael Fiziev, Fiziev is always entertaining, literally puts 100% into every strike he throws
didn't see the fight......but..

Rafael Fiziev finishes Rafael dos Anjos with devastating fifth-round knockout to cap off UFC Vegas 58 main event
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

quick bump for tomorrow's O2 fights
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Watched the Craig fight. WTF was he thinking, repeatedly pulling guard? High risk, low reward tactic. Ooze wasn’t much better. Posh.

McCann crushes another can. Decent finish but that was a bit of a lopsided matchup.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Jeez, Gus fell off, eh.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

you know much more about this technical stuff than me Dan, but that seemed like a pretty good technical performance from Paddy and not so much of smacking the crap out of his opponents ?????

and a wonderful emotional speech about mental health at the end..

:newthumb: :newthumb: :newthumb:
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Opponent wasn’t the best - a wrestler, but not particularly strong for 155, but was a very nice finish for Paddy - anaconda choke, sly knee to the temple to change positioning, the body lock triangle trapped the arm, RNC a formality. Good win, and a lovely tribute. He won’t hold a title, but a brilliantly entertaining career so far.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Looking forward to Blaydes vs Tom. This is an elite tier matchup, #4 vs #6. I give Blaydes the advantage here, but if Aspall wins, then he’s got one more W to get a title shot.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

overall though Dan, been a decent card and the 02 loves the UFC and Dana loves the 02

not sure that Molly would do well against a technical fighter, but she like Paddy gives the crowd their money's worth.

as I say I'm not up on technical stuff too much, but we know that the UFC loves entertainers as well as technical fighters etc. this lot at least in England, can fill the place out.

please if you see the "sell" money, post it ..

:newthumb:
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Absolutely - both can sell a fight, and market themselves. Don’t look like the elite, but they’ll make plenty of money in their careers.

Hermansson won the first, I think.