UFC

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Takeiteasy
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Re: UFC

Post by Takeiteasy »

taust68 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:58 am So it looks like it will be jones v micovic, I think Jones v nganna would be a more interesting fight, I wonder if nganna could be persuaded to come back to the ufc
That ship has sailed I reckon. Dana has been quite strong in his recent comments about that situation.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I honestly couldn't see that De Grasso finish at all..

she didn't take long once Schevchenko missed that spin kick though...

and then I nodded off so missed the Jones fight..not that I missed much it seems...

pretty good night overall I thought.

had a really long day yesterday not helped by drinking a couple of 10% beers (very nice they were by the way) while watching our abject surrender at Brighton on a tape delay.

probably would have only drunk one if we had performed better...
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

Potentially a good match up on ufc fight night tonight, petr yan v merab dvalishivi, merab is a never give up type of fighter who just keeps the pressure on, hopefully five round tear up
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

surprised no one has posted about what turned out to be a pretty darn good card overall..
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:00 pm surprised no one has posted about what turned out to be a pretty darn good card overall..
I don't know many people who stay up all night to watch US-timed broadcasts any more, TBH, including me. Don't think I've done that for a full decade, probably longer.

I WILL be watching 286 this weekend, though. Be interesting to see if Muhammad Mokaev can continue his impressive climb up the rankings. Vetorri's concrete head is always good to watch, that dude's chin is quite something. Barbarena vs Nelson ought to be fun, dunno how many fights Nelson's got left in him, but hope he can enjoy himself.

Sadly, I expect Usman to recapture his belt, but would LOVE to see Leon light him up again.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:28 pm I don't know many people who stay up all night to watch US-timed broadcasts any more, TBH, including me. Don't think I've done that for a full decade, probably longer.

I WILL be watching 286 this weekend, though. Be interesting to see if Muhammad Mokaev can continue his impressive climb up the rankings. Vetorri's concrete head is always good to watch, that dude's chin is quite something. Barbarena vs Nelson ought to be fun, dunno how many fights Nelson's got left in him, but hope he can enjoy himself.

Sadly, I expect Usman to recapture his belt, but would LOVE to see Leon light him up again.
actually last weekend wasn't the usual late night job..new venue in Vegas, the Virgin Hotel which was a smaller arena...

think the main card was around 6 ish which was still late for the UK but a bit earlier than most.

still I would have thought replays would have been available and/or there was at least some press coverage

if you get a chance I think you'll enjoy the card in general...

yes, I'm also looking forward to this weekend.

up ahead I posted that (if my memory serves me) the 02 fights in the past 12 months or so were the two highest grossing venues ever for the UFC.

as the arenas I'm guessing are similar in capacity that the prices must be higher, although I'm also guessing that Vegas could (and probably does, I have no clue) charge much more per seat and no one would bat an eyelid..

and it's good for my time zone too, thinks it's around 5 p.m. my time for the main card to start.

:newthumb:
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:29 pmthink the main card was around 6 ish which was still late for the UK but a bit earlier than most.
I'm rarely up that late these days, sad old geriatric sleep-lover I've become. Fair call, though, I'll dig out a download of the event, assuming I'm still invalided with covid tomorrow. Only so many documentaries you can watch on youtube...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:32 pm I'm rarely up that late these days, sad old geriatric sleep-lover I've become. Fair call, though, I'll dig out a download of the event, assuming I'm still invalided with covid tomorrow. Only so many documentaries you can watch on youtube...
you're not alone Dan...

it's even pretty late for me here, the Vegas shows start main card at 10. with 5 fights on the main card and with the two title fights going to 5 rounds, it's a cup of coffee around 8 pm..

and sometimes that's not even enough..missed the Jon Jones "fight" the other week..

and that leaves me on Sunday night going to bed around 8 !!!!!!!!!

:crylol:
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Santos robbed in his fight with Murphy.
Mokaev easily won R1. Keep it up in R2, lad.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Jesus Mokaev is tough. That kneebar was nasty.
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Mokaev’s knee must be made of rubber!
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Dolidze looks huge next to Vettori. He clearly has some serious power but Vettori is technically excellent and his head movement and footwork is getting him out of bother.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Vettori having a head made from concrete doesn’t harm his chances 👍
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Dolidze was trying to take Marvin’s head off, Marvin just outboxed him. Well played.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

I went to UFC London last March but the prices tonight were a joke.

I think Usman will put on a clinic tonight if I'm honest, like he did for 4/5 rounds last time bar the 1st round and the kick in the 5th.

Cannot wait for the Gaethje fight though I think he will lose.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:35 pm Jesus Mokaev is tough. That kneebar was nasty.
Disgusting. That hyper extension will be sore tomorrow.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

I’ve not been to a live UFC since 2009 🙁
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Beautiful armbar by Nelson 👍
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Gaethje is such a box office fighter. This should be a good tear up.
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

This one is going to be violent.