✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by mumbles87 »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:45 pm Lanzini 100% strikes me as the kind of character that does what he's told to do. I don't see Amy rebellion or arrogance in his play, or away from the football pitch. I could be wrong but I would find that hard to believe with what I've seen and heard of him.
So yesterday moaning that lingard isnt for us because of made up reasons today glossing over rule breaking by lanzini?

Noticing a trend if you like a player they can do no wrong

Let's just jog the memory

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-23251708

West Ham midfielder Manuel Lanzini was pictured alongside Tottenham stars Giovani Lo Celso, Erik Lamela and Sergio Reguilon with their families on Christmas Day

More forgivable if it was with his own team mates he saw every day but he broke a bubble between clubs

Oh it's fine tho he does no wrong because you like him

Got it
Bristoliron338
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Bristoliron338 »

He has served us well for 5+ years thats why. Maybe we should respect that , and has already expressed a desire to go back home.

Same reason we extended ogbonas contract
GetUrWangOut
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by GetUrWangOut »

Bristoliron338 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:13 pm He has served us well for 5+ years thats why. Maybe we should respect that , and has already expressed a desire to go back home.

Same reason we extended ogbonas contract
I don’t see why that means we should just let him go for free. Got to be worth £12m odd given how long he’s played pl football for plus Argentina international. Would probably be £20m if he was 26/27
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

there might be a market for Lanzini, but I don't see one really. other than maybe the middle east clubs that have bought players in the past. China is done and dusted nowadays.

not sure but maybe a club like Palace or that type of club would be open to make an offer. but I don't think at 12M

South America pretty much in general sell and not buy. in general.

for what we'd get, I don't see a real reason to move him on, unless it was say a good price from maybe a Brentford, 2nd season in the PL hoping to go on to solidify, but they seem to have the buy young sell high modus operandi, one of the promoted clubs possibly ? I could see a Villa type team but they've shelled out a lot for really nothing in rewards with their recent MF buys.

a Brighton maybe ? but honestly I can't see a market for him in England at all. and at his age, maybe some team in Spain might show an interest, the language wouldn't be a barrier but other than the top dogs, no one there seems to have money. Italy ? ditto unless you're a big name.

and our squad is a thin as a fag paper these days so I can't see selling any of the current squad (again in general) unless an outrageous bid comes in and we feel we could replace that player.

then of course when you go looking for a replacement and you've got headlines saying you got "x" for a player, the buying fee that was "y" now becomes "x".

I would call us in the "transtion" stage where we've been punching above our weight for the past 2 seasons, and have to make a statement that we're going to be there or thereabout for the foreseeable or we're not going to get that quality of player here.

again, our shopping HAS to be in the Areola, Bowen, Fornals, Coufal, Soucek shops and not in the Rafinha, Phillips, Nunez, Diaz shops. with the caveat "mid range already established" player who wants more playing time Zouma type or the "see us as a step up "Agurd" but we're limited with a "budget" so I don't see us dishing out for 4 to 5 players in the 30-50M price range.

stick don't twist.

jmvho that is.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

I think Lanzini is a good squad option.
I think he keeps the ball well and gets us passing.
Whilst not my choice to be always on the team sheet he has a skill set that is beneficial in some games, particularly to change how we use the ball.

If we want to compete for the European spots we need to be able to call upon certain abilities as and when they are needed.
Not go into every game thinking this is our best team and this is how we will always play.

Use the skills and abilities needed to give us the best chance of beating different opponents.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

if we could get him more on the ball around 35 yards from the opposition goal instead of playing about 15 yards from the halfway line in our half to about 10 yards into the opposing half we might see more opportunities created.

not saying that he doesn't but I'd like to see more of it.

a South American no. 10 should be more in and around the opposing box even if it only means tighter marking on him. creates space for others. as ans you point out, he's good in tight spaces. would love to see more 1/2's on the edgoe of the 18, I bet we'd win more freekicks and/or be much more dangerous than we are. he currently plays way too deep imvho.

he was much better when playing a bit more on the left iirc with Payet.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:12 pm
Yep agree.

I think if we had more sustained possession in some games, higher up we would see more from Lanzini, Benrahma and Fornals with little passing and one2's.

I really want us, in the right games to do that. I hated seeing us pump 50/50s up to Antonio against Burnley at home, those are the games we need to step up our possession. Ironically Burnley away previous season with Manu deep with Soucek we played some lovely stuff.

Part of me thinks Manu isn't a 10 anymore. Better in a 3 a bit deeper getting us up the pitch.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I reckon he'd make a shrewd signing for a club that had just been promoted.

Hope he goes nowhere mind, I like watching him play.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:19 pm I reckon he'd make a shrewd signing for a club that had just been promoted.

Hope he goes nowhere mind, I like watching him play.
Fulham, Forest or Bournemouth...don't see the attraction for him Doc.....(purely analitically)..

a Brentford or a Brighton, both who could use someone to create..Palace too maybe..

again just doing the match ups, not advocating selling him...but of course if anyone of them made an offer of around 12-15M it would be hard to turn down and he'd probably get more playing time depending on incomings for us of course....
DublinDave
Has liked: 2756 likes
Total likes: 1783 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Manu isn't going anywhere while Moyes is in charge, unless he pushes for a move, which I don't see as very likely...
We have a 2 year option on his contract & other clubs will know that, meaning a mickey mouse bid wouldn't be countenanced...
Moyes trusts him, he's only 29, (Luca Digne 43 in twitter speak I know), & will play 30+ games for us next year...
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Bristoliron338 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:02 am We should let him go back to argentina on a free.
Can we have a :thumbdn: button too please?
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

why would we sell lanzini who is a valuable member of the squad. ok not as good as he was but good enough for the bench and a starter in cup games. we dont have many at CM just rice soucek and coventry so we need to keep him.
yakandyeti
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by yakandyeti »

Did he sign the last contract before the injury? If so he might be overpaid for what he’s producing and that could have an impact on taking up the option, but also that could be irrelevant after a few years of wage inflation.
johnnyb
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

As it stands, and looks like standing given the lack of incoming midfield players activity, it would be plain daft to ship him out. Our squad is far too small for that and when I say small I mean players who are realistically able to start or make a difference as a sub.
Bristoliron338

Post by Bristoliron338 »

Heysel76 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:06 am Can we have a :thumbdn: button too please?
You dont even kno wat ur talking about. I'd use the dislike button against u
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Bristoliron338 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:12 am You dont even kno wat ur talking about. I'd use the dislike button against u
If I had the button, I'd ditch you, because you're a ****ing idiot.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1188 likes
Total likes: 934 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

mumbles87 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:54 pm So yesterday moaning that lingard isnt for us because of made up reasons today glossing over rule breaking by lanzini?

Noticing a trend if you like a player they can do no wrong
He had to replace the rather tattered and sticky Mark Noble poster on his wall ;)
Bristoliron338

Post by Bristoliron338 »

-DL- wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:15 am If I had the button, I'd ditch you, because you're a ****ing idiot.
Says a guy called kieron dyers leg!
He was our worst ever singing.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Bristoliron338 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:45 am Says a guy called kieron dyers leg!
He was our worst ever singing.

wont be long fella, wont be long
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

I'm ashamed to share a county with this plonker.