✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini (New Contract Signed)

Post by the pink palermo »

The goal of his life.

We have teenagers watching him score that who will be pensioners before they see a better goal than that.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

He scored his 25th Premier League goal yesterday (with the pen).

A lovely 13 of those have come in London derbies.

I actually think he's scored >50% of those against Palace and Spurs...
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1337 likes
Total likes: 950 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

I think we’re seeing the best of Lanzini because he has better players around him. A magician.
Has liked: 4368 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by Sticky »

Absolutely sublime technique. World class. How often have we dreamed as a kid of scoring a goal like that?

What pleased me is the whole team busting a gut to swarm the box on the break, we have 5 players in there... Manu just still nonchalantly strolling thru their team on his own playing keepy-uppies before slinging it on off the crossbar. Sexy slag.
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

Haven't seen skills like that since di Canio. I had almost given up on our Jewel, very happy with him this season and even happier if he continues to prove me (and probably others) wrong. More please!
StokeIrons
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by StokeIrons »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:41 am When you watch the passage of play from start to finish, we work the ball through ten passes, I think. Lovely goal.

It's genuinely heart warming to see Lanzini finding some form and having some moments to match those we saw pre-injury. It's very reminiscent of Dev in the mid 80s after the Wigan injury. He doesn't have the turn of pace that he had pre-injury and is having to vary his game, but the quality on the ball comes shining through. The more he is on the ball, the more control we have in games.
You sir are not wrong :newthumb:
Sir David Sullivan
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Sir David Sullivan »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:41 am
It's genuinely heart warming to see Lanzini finding some form and having some moments to match those we saw pre-injury. It's very reminiscent of Dev in the mid 80s after the Wigan injury. He doesn't have the turn of pace that he had pre-injury and is having to vary his game, but the quality on the ball comes shining through. The more he is on the ball, the more control we have in games.
Agree with this. A disgrace when he was getting booed at the start of Moyes second spell, he had a career changing injury but he looks to have adapted his game really well.

One new thing of late which I give Moyes complete credit for is he is pressing/tackling/getting stuck in more than any attacking player bar Bowen. Benrahma’s goal v Watford and his goal v Man City both came from him nicking the ball off a player and quickly using it.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

It's the best we've seen him play since 2016. Seems to have got his confidence back and Moyes appears to have confidence in him too.

With Benny off to ACON, Lanzini's form is right on cue.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3084 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Reports that his recent performances have got him back in line for a chance with Argentina. The redemption story surely deserves to carry on with a place in the squad for the World Cup this year?
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Wilko1304 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:39 pm Reports that his recent performances have got him back in line for a chance with Argentina. The redemption story surely deserves to carry on with a place in the squad for the World Cup this year?
Unfinished buisness.

Fingers crossed for him.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

For me that's the goal of the season wrapped up and I'd say the same whoever it was that scored that, it is an absolutely fantastic piece of skill. He probably should have won it last season for the Spurs goal but for me all bets are off, nobody is topping that because nobody has scored anything quite like that in years. What a player and what a person he has become, he's dug in since the injury and proved doubters wrong, everybody loves a good comeback story and when the person in question is a guy like Lanzini it makes it all the better. I'm getting that away shirt with his name on the back! :scarfer:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I know it coincided with a very rare chance to actually see a game, but that away shirt looked fantastic under lights.

The kind of shirt you'd expect a winner to wear.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Only the two Man City centrebacks have a higher pass completion percentage than Lanzini.
WestSam
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by WestSam »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59860757

The ultimate accolade. Lanzini should hang up his boots now, it doesn't get any better than this.

Garth's team of the week. :newthumb:
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

WestSam wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:53 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59860757

The ultimate accolade. Lanzini should hang up his boots now, it doesn't get any better than this.

That bit on Ake sums up this tripe beautifully. One sentence on Ake’s performance this weekend (ONE SENTENCE), some historical stuff about the player, and the other 67% of the piece about something completely off topic.

“Ake did a good goal line clearance. He’s good at goal line clearances. I saw him do them 2-3 years ago. Did you see Gabriel get sent off? [describes the Gabriel incident in it’s entirety] He was a silly billy, wasn’t he?”

F***ing clown! :crylol:
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

The remarkable thing is that I don’t think too many people would have been particularly bothered had he been sold in the summer. But, as has happened many times in the history of Moyes’ relationship with a player, there can be a remarkable turnaround. Lanzini is showing that old swagger again, along with his skilful side and is chipping in with more goals. He’s like a new signing at this stage, especially in the context of our need for attacking impetus.
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

Are we not getting a little over-excited here? Lanzini played well against a middling team and quite probably one of the worst and now we're talking about remarkable turnarounds and him being a star for Argentina? It was only a few weeks ago he was getting battered for his performances against Arsenal and Tottenham.

The guy is a talented footballer who is comfortable in tight spaces, creative and can knit things together in the final third. He can also get caught in possession, lose out physically and be ill-disciplined positionally. He's a very useful squad player who can come in, influence games and both assist and score but I don't see him as a long term starter for us.

Moyes undoubtedly rates him. In his first spell, Lanzini was instrumental in our play and Moyes tried the same when he returned but Manu was clearly still suffering the effects of his injury at that point and it's been a gradual return.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Only the two Man City centrebacks have a better pass completion rate than Lanzini.

He is vital for retaining possession for us and is starting to notch some goals and assists.
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Messi would have been proud of that goal and if it had been him that had scored it we'd be seeing endless replays on Skysports.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

WestSam wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:53 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59860757

Marty Feldman Eyes wrote:Readers will know I am no fan of the video assistant referee but the technology is there to correct 'obvious errors' missed by referees and the handball by Luka Milivojevic was missed by Michael Oliver.
Maybe, Garth, because he was reffing a different game, or at home...?