✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini (New Contract Signed)

Post by El brooko79 »

Not bad news......

4th best pass completion in the league according to this.
The 3 above him are all centre backs.

Top 5 are:

Laporte
Dias
Thiago Silva
Lanzini
Stones

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/04/21/w ... rs-so-far/
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Before all of the sorry drama of a sending off and substitution, did I hear a commentator state that Thursday's game was Manu's 200th appearance for us?

I feel sure something was said along those lines, but any stats I can find only offer up the league appearances for definite.

He'd have to have played in 34 cup matches across 3 EL, 7 FA, & 7 League Cup campaigns, which is possible, given their two-legged dimension.

Anyway, 200 up for The Jewel.

Possibly. :D
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Yes, I heard it too.

:newthumb:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:17 pm Possibly. :D
120 PL starts plus 46 subs
10 Euro plus 1
10 FA plus 2
9 LC plus 2

200 up :newthumb:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

El brooko79 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:37 pm Not bad news......

4th best pass completion in the league according to this.
The 3 above him are all centre backs.

Top 5 are:

Laporte
Dias
Thiago Silva
Lanzini
Stones

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/04/21/w ... rs-so-far/
Lanzini and Rice are two the highest CMs in Europe - right near the very top in the 5 big leagues.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Very impressive. I didn’t realise it was that good!
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

What do we think then, should he be starting for us next season?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

jastons wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:58 pm What do we think then, should he be starting for us next season?
honestly it depends on what "you" want.

other than keep the ball moving, he doesn't offer an awful lot. the CP goal was brilliant. but does a player keep his position based on one or two brilliant performances a season or what they bring overall to the team. that's rhetorical as I have no clue what Moyes wants or look for.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

jastons wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:58 pm What do we think then, should he be starting for us next season?
A tough one. His numbers in the league (5 goals, 3 assists from 29 games) don't look amazing. But stats aren't everything and I think he's been quietly effective in terms of attacking build-up play. That said he's given a virtually free role and he should take over games more and doesn't.

If I had to choose between who starts out of Fornals, Lanzini, Benrahma and Vlasic, I'd choose Lanzini.

Essentially if we don't bring in anyone better, then yes. If we bring in someone like Lingard, no.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I have always felt like he is much better from a deeper position as opposed to playing advanced. I dont thnk his assist numbers are that good to be playing in behind a striker. But i think he is good at playing in between the lines and dictating play slightly deeper, i think he is more a playmaker.

In not comparing them as its night and day in terms of quality, but similar to Thiago at Liverpool he plays "the assist before the assist". I dont think we have anyone in the team better thn Lanzini getting the ball in between the lines and hurting the opposition.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

No - I wouldn't consider him a starter now .
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1191 likes

Post by ironilunga »

A genuine squad player who can offer 20-30 games for us and will let nobody down. Not a starter if we want to push on though.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

The Gibbins wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:10 pm I dont think we have anyone in the team better thn Lanzini getting the ball in between the lines and hurting the opposition.
Which to me suggests it's a position that needs an upgrade.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Having said I wouldn't start him , I might start him in certain competitions - League Cup , Europa Conference etc .
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I’m not sure he offers us what we expect from him anymore. Would be gutted to lose him as I love the guy but I think he’s now done if we’re looking to revitalise the squad.

If we ended up doing the business that we all think should be done this summer, I’m not sure whereabouts he’d fit in. Anyone know what his contract situation is like? If it’s one more year then I don’t see the need to actively sell but I wouldn’t deny him a move elsewhere.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

The Gibbins wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:10 pm I have always felt like he is much better from a deeper position as opposed to playing advanced. I dont thnk his assist numbers are that good to be playing in behind a striker. But i think he is good at playing in between the lines and dictating play slightly deeper, i think he is more a playmaker.

In not comparing them as its night and day in terms of quality, but similar to Thiago at Liverpool he plays "the assist before the assist". I dont think we have anyone in the team better thn Lanzini getting the ball in between the lines and hurting the opposition.
Spot on, he is so underrated. His passing stats are superb and you can notice the difference in transition when he is on the pitch especially as you say in that deeper role.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

We give too much praise for a player like Lanzini who has very infrequently shown sufficient attacking intent.

Very few goal creating passes this season and very few yards carried. He is playing within his now reduced capability and it seems most of his passing is backwards or sideways.

He starts because there is no one else.
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

Kermit
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 321 likes

Post by Kermit »

irving boleyn wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:39 pm We give too much praise for a player like Lanzini who has very infrequently shown sufficient attacking intent.

Very few goal creating passes this season and very few yards carried. He is playing within his now reduced capability and it seems most of his passing is backwards or sideways.

He starts because there is no one else.
I take the opposite view tbh. One thing Lanzini has in abundance is a footballing brain. Very often a sideways or backwards pass is the only option players have. That is often the result of players without the necessary footballing brains, Antonio and Benrahma are good examples of this imo, failing to identify and move into positions to receive the ball in a potentially more threatening way.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Love the bones of our little Jewel. Never ever sell. An absolute joy to watch. Epitomises The West Way. He only scores Worldies.
Last edited by Colours never run on Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.