Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 799 likes
Total likes: 3012 likes

Re: Gold & Sullivan

Post by the pink palermo »

Kialos wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:24 pm It was also the Gold daughters who turned Ann Summers around, introducing party plan and basically transforming their retail from seedy wipe your feet on the way out to respectable high street presence.
Tell me more about the seedy, wipe your feet on the way out places, they sound enticing.
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

Sadly the position we are in and (as your rightly raised) the money they will earn by selling the club despite the lack of investment will only reaffirm their view that they are great businessmen. The only questions is whether the recent success of the club (through luck as opposed to design on GSB's part) will make Kretisnky take over the club post March 23 or will he merely retain his current shares? His reputation as 'The Czech Sphinx makes that too difficult to predict (especially with the impact of the Ukranian invasion on Gas in Europe), however for certain the longer we have GSB in control (even if their control individually is diminished) the less likely we will move forward as a club based on their business mentality
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1849 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

the pink palermo wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:26 pm Tell me more about the seedy, wipe your feet on the way out places, they sound enticing.
Rumour has it that Gold spent his entire week in Frankfurt saying it reminded him of the "good old days".
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1363 likes
Total likes: 761 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:43 pm Rumour has it that Gold spent his entire week in Frankfurt saying it reminded him of the "good old days".
😂😂😂
1895Hammer

Post by 1895Hammer »

WebmasterFF wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:28 pm Sadly the position we are in and (as your rightly raised) the money they will earn by selling the club despite the lack of investment will only reaffirm their view that they are great businessmen. The only questions is whether the recent success of the club (through luck as opposed to design on GSB's part) will make Kretisnky take over the club post March 23 or will he merely retain his current shares? His reputation as 'The Czech Sphinx makes that too difficult to predict (especially with the impact of the Ukranian invasion on Gas in Europe), however for certain the longer we have GSB in control (even if their control individually is diminished) the less likely we will move forward as a club based on their business mentality
The mega rich like a very expensive exclusive toy…..the hope is self confessed football nut Kretinsky sees West Ham as his. Outside the Arab cash at Citeh and Newcastle probably only the collective wealth of the Chelsea consortium outweighs his fortune, Time will tell.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

the pink palermo wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:26 pm Tell me more about the seedy, wipe your feet on the way out places, they sound enticing.
It's not your feet you want to worry about :D
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

S-H wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:09 am It's so transparent!

I can't believe people still fall for the same old bull****
If he gets booed when his name gets mentioned in the team line up or every time he touches the ball

Then you'll discover the ones that believe everything our club says and the propaganda they use to unsettle of force players out, as they've done before to previous crowd favourites

They hate people more popular than themselves
1895Hammer

Post by 1895Hammer »

sicknote wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:47 pm If he gets booed when his name gets mentioned in the team line up or every time he touches the ball

Then you'll discover the ones that believe everything our club says and the propaganda they use to unsettle of force players out, as they've done before to previous crowd favourites

They must hate quite a few then…..
WebmasterFF

Post by WebmasterFF »

sicknote wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:47 pm If he gets booed when his name gets mentioned in the team line up or every time he touches the ball

Maybe that's why Sullivan wears the Russian type coats, because he has the same height, inferiority complex and propaganda skills as Stalin
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Just to let you all know that I had a Teams meeting with my MP, Theresa Villiers last Friday. I was joined by Sue Watson, Chair of WHUST.

I put my case for a 100% windfall tax on the proceeds of some future sale of West Ham United, with those funds c.£ 500m going back to the London Stadium, to fund it being turned into a football Stadium. Theresa said she would speak with Rishi Exchequer about that. Particularly when you look at the loss-making rental concessionaire that West Ham has signed, when Boris Johnson was Mayor of London, the taxpayer needs to have some recompense for its risk.

Sue mentioned about the match-day experience, gave examples of unsatisfactory treatment of the fans and how she had given evidence to the fan-led review with Tracey Crouch, in relation to fan engagement and protection of our clubs heritage, as well as her hopes for the fan led review. Sue's status added a lot of kudos to the meeting. Theresa Villiers promised to speak in favour of the recommendations of the Fan Led Review.
Diogenes
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 1195 likes

Post by Diogenes »

brooking_1980 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:44 pm Just to let you all know that I had a Teams meeting with my MP, Theresa Villiers last Friday. I was joined by Sue Watson, Chair of WHUST.

I put my case for a 100% windfall tax on the proceeds of some future sale of West Ham United, with those funds c.£ 500m going back to the London Stadium, to fund it being turned into a football Stadium. Theresa said she would speak with Rishi Exchequer about that. Particularly when you look at the loss-making rental concessionaire that West Ham has signed, when Boris Johnson was Mayor of London, the taxpayer needs to have some recompense for its risk.

Sue mentioned about the match-day experience, gave examples of unsatisfactory treatment of the fans and how she had given evidence to the fan-led review with Tracey Crouch, in relation to fan engagement and protection of our clubs heritage, as well as her hopes for the fan led review. Sue's status added a lot of kudos to the meeting. Theresa Villiers promised to speak in favour of the recommendations of the Fan Led Review.
Good luck with that Brooking. Never going to happen though. Fan led review a more promising approach.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

On you Sullivan not buying in January.

Don't give me Moyes didn't want anyone, you've got form when we've been top four in December.
WebmasterFF

Post by WebmasterFF »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:28 pm On you Sullivan not buying in January.

Don't give me Moyes didn't want anyone, you've got form when we've been top four in December.
Said the same thing in another thread. Can blame Moyes had it been a one off however this is now 4 years (two with moyes, one with Bilic and one with BFS) where a lack of January investment has cost us
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Positive note, only 1 more year of these scum bags.
2023 they cash out and swan off into the sun.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

rossmundo wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:35 pm Positive note, only 1 more year of these scum bags.
2023 they cash out and swan off into the sun.
they'll cash in but I would bet they'll still be on the board....
GreenIron
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by GreenIron »

GSB out.

All the rest is just noise.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

I'd love to pin this entirely on the board, but when our manager makes two summer signings that barely get a look in, goes two windows without at least getting an alternative to a striker that's been flogged to death, frequently waits until the last ten minutes to make substitutions, and has gone on record publicly on numerous occasions and said there were funds available to strengthen but wanted to sign players better than we had, he's not entirely without taking some of the can for going in to the second half of the season that saw us having form that would have seen us not a million miles above the relegation zone.

We have a very good manager indeed, one that I hope that stays with us for a long time, but he does have his faults and he has made mistakes.

We cannot just pick and choose what comes out of his mouth - because if he had come out in a diplomatic way and said something along the lines of he wasn't backed, we sure as hell would have believed that because that's what we want to believe.

I'm not sticking up for them, because I want them gone as much as the next man - but I do find it terribly frustrating the some of the decisions our manager has made are not questioned - because he is not beyond reproach - and as I have said - he has made mistakes, and he will probably continue to make mistakes - but the big difference between our board and our manager - is that our manager does mostly seem the type to learn from them and not dress it up, where as the three main protagonists in the board room do not.
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

Gsb have been crap for us . Soon as they go the better. I bet Birmingham are really loving it that sullivan is borrowing someone money to get into the club .
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

-DL- wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:59 pm
A good response to my knee jerk reaction. :newthumb:
happydaystoytown
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »