Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 671 likes

Re: Gold & Sullivan

Post by bristolhammerfc »

carnage wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:52 am I wouldn’t be surprised either, his stock his high, could get a job anywhere. Rice will also start getting itchy feet.
Depending on how this season goes, I could see him back at Everton
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:32 pm Depending on how this season goes, I could see him back at Everton
after losing 4-0 to Minnesota the other night and in the 20 minutes or so I watched, they were a complete shambles, that job might open up sooner rather than later.

FFL looked absolutely like he did most of the time last season.

shell shocked with no clue what to do about what was transpiring in front of him.

then I read on the Beeb the next day, he bollocked the team in no uncertain terms.

yes, mate, that'll do the trick. just like it did last year.

I reckon he might be the first one on the chopping block.
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

I still can’t believe we let Lingard go to Forest, especially knowing he wanted to come.

Going on the figures quoted it would’ve cost 30m tops, with hardly any risk.

But you know what else is a little concerning how many West ham fans are coming out in support of Sullivan for not doing the deal and at the same time having a dig at Moyes and Lingard. Whatever web site you go on you recognize the ones doing Sullivan bidding or just out to wind people up, you can see it a mile off.

Now there’s a rumor saying Scamacca is all good to go just waiting on Moyes to say yes, talk about throwing Moyes under a bus, makes it sound like Sullivan’s doing his job but it’s really Moyes that’s holding things up.

If Scamacca is a Sullivan pick then that sort of rumor is a win win for Sullivan.

Maybe I’m looking it too deep, but I do think Sullivan has made a massive mistake with not buying Lingard and will have a knock on effect.
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1203 likes

Post by Diogenes »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:32 pm Depending on how this season goes, I could see him back at Everton
Under their current regime I very much doubt it.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:22 pm Under their current regime I very much doubt it.
thought they were up for sale and then Mosni (is it?) said "no we're just looking for investers, we're NOT for sale."

I know it's "only" preseason but they were DREADFUL the other night.

great investment Frank !!!!!!!!!!!

:crylol: :crylol: :crylol:
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1172 likes
Total likes: 680 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

wobble wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:21 pm I still can’t believe we let Lingard go to Forest, especially knowing he wanted to come.

Going on the figures quoted it would’ve cost 30m tops, with hardly any risk.

But you know what else is a little concerning how many West ham fans are coming out in support of Sullivan for not doing the deal and at the same time having a dig at Moyes and Lingard. Whatever web site you go on you recognize the ones doing Sullivan bidding or just out to wind people up, you can see it a mile off.

Now there’s a rumor saying Scamacca is all good to go just waiting on Moyes to say yes, talk about throwing Moyes under a bus, makes it sound like Sullivan’s doing his job but it’s really Moyes that’s holding things up.

If Scamacca is a Sullivan pick then that sort of rumor is a win win for Sullivan.

Maybe I’m looking it too deep, but I do think Sullivan has made a massive mistake with not buying Lingard and will have a knock on effect.
I know you have a mancrush on JL, but time will heal and you will love other, younger more talented, better value, players and then you will see things through a more realistic lens.
Nobody who really knows, or who really does these tasks, uses social media to narrate their actions and so those that constantly share drivel on social media …..are making stuff up. There’s no point in sharing another person’s ill informed drivel…(“waiting on Moyes to say yes”) when there’s no evidence for that at all. Given how business operates, Moyes would be central to any debate about making formal offers. Not suggesting he has the only vote, but he’s not on the sidelines.
Keep your chin up, there will be another for you to cherish soon.
I predict a positive season ahead compared to many since the sixties.
👍🤞
Ps. Written after Sky announced deal agreed with club, and player discussions still active.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2021 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Ozza wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:04 pm Probably because I decided to stop posting for a while
You keep posting mate. :newthumb:
wobble

Post by wobble »

Bond Holder 59 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:02 am I know you have a mancrush on JL, but time will heal and you will love other, younger more talented, better value, players and then you will see things through a more realistic lens.
Nobody who really knows, or who really does these tasks, uses social media to narrate their actions and so those that constantly share drivel on social media …..are making stuff up. There’s no point in sharing another person’s ill informed drivel…(“waiting on Moyes to say yes”) when there’s no evidence for that at all. Given how business operates, Moyes would be central to any debate about making formal offers. Not suggesting he has the only vote, but he’s not on the sidelines.
Keep your chin up, there will be another for you to cherish soon.
I predict a positive season ahead compared to many since the sixties.
👍🤞
Ps. Written after Sky announced deal agreed with club, and player discussions still active.
So now wanting a very decent player to sign for my club, one that I know will be a massive improvement is having a mancrush, righto.
Your post pretty much sums up what I was saying about the Sullivan's fan boys, you don't know me from adam but decide to take the piss.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

wobble wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:23 am So now wanting a very decent player to sign for my club, one that I know will be a massive improvement is having a mancrush, righto.
Your post pretty much sums up what I was saying about the Sullivan's fan boys, you don't know me from adam but decide to take the piss.
I think people are taking the piss out of your posting style whilst using the words 'fan boys'.

Now we occasionally get the odd snippet as a moderation team due to the nature of the site, and a reputable source has said that Lingard signing for Forest has nothing to do with Moyes, and nothing to do with Sullivan, and it's all to do with Lingard - a Lingard that gave his word he would sign, then Forest moved in.

Now if that makes me a Sullivan fan boy, then so be it, but I would suggest you use your words very wisely before casting such aspersions.

I appreciate Sullivan has a long history, but it should never be discounted that players can also dick clubs around, which is what has happened on this occasion in regards to Lingard.

You keep banging on about how Lingard would have 'only' cost around £30 million if we'd upped our offer, etc - but I do not see in any world, where an outlay of £30 million would be worth it in the slightest for Jesse ****ing Lingard.

If you still wish to put this one directly on Sullivan, then it's just going to make you look a bit silly. It has nothing to do with him or the rest of the board on this occasion and they stuck to their guns after an agreement was reached and he then came back asking for more. In no walk of life is it acceptable to agree on something, only to come back and say 'actually, I want a bit more now because someone else has offered more' and for once, the club has done the right thing by telling him to bugger off.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

-DL- wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:44 am ...a reputable source has said that Lingard signing for Forest has nothing to do with Moyes, and nothing to do with Sullivan, and it's all to do with Lingard - a Lingard that gave his word he would sign, then Forest moved in.
Thanks DL. A few of us may have let our loathing of GSB take over so that helps clarify. The loathing is still there for me, though - B especially. :D
SteveHarris'bass
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by SteveHarris'bass »

I'm not convinced that GSB are going to sell up next year personally :furrow: :furrow:

I'm sure both pezza20 and psychoscoredthelot mentioned something about Kretinsky ( sorry for spelling ) being f***ed money wise due
to the war in Ukraine, neither went into detail though.
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Post by War Pony »

SteveHarris'bass wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:59 pm I'm not convinced that GSB are going to sell up next year personally :furrow: :furrow:

I'm sure both pezza20 and psychoscoredthelot mentioned something about Kretinsky ( sorry for spelling ) being f***ed money wise due
His money is in Gas and other investments. Interestingly - his wife is worth about $15bn after her father died a few years back.
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Post by War Pony »

I think kretinskys net worth, combined with his wife's makes him about 4th richest in the league on about $20 billion. Newcastle's investors combined are about $450 billion the last time I looked.

David Sullivan is worth about $1 billion

* corrected here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_o ... ball_clubs
SteveHarris'bass
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by SteveHarris'bass »

Thank's War Pony
Mullhull
Has liked: 328 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

-DL- wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:44 am I think people are taking the piss out of your posting style whilst using the words 'fan boys'.
Spoken like a true Sullivan fan boy. :crossed:

Thanks for the information, I figured he'd messed us around and that has probably, properly pissed of David Moyes. He will get another deal if Forest go down.
Mullhull
Has liked: 328 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

SteveHarris'bass wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:59 pm I'm not convinced that GSB are going to sell up next year personally :furrow: :furrow:

Kretinsky basically is the main involved in the largest pipeline out of Russia. Which since the war there has been issues with Russian sanctions.

So he's caught up in that.
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1203 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Mullhull wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:24 pm Kretinsky basically is the main involved in the largest pipeline out of Russia. Which since the war there has been issues with Russian sanctions.

So he's caught up in that.
He certainly is 'caught up in that', but its just a part (and not a major part) of his investment portfolio which is very, very diverse. Him and his wife are very, very, very rich. It will cause him pain, but hardly bankrupt him.
wobble

Post by wobble »

-DL- wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:44 am I think people are taking the piss out of your posting style whilst using the words 'fan boys'.
For the record I used the word fan boy after he tried to belittle me. Also I notice you came after me after I called him a fan boy but not him trying to take the piss. It looks like some can have a dig at people and some can’t.

Now on to this remark “Now if that makes me a Sullivan fan boy, then so be it, but I would suggest you use your words very wisely before casting such aspersions”
If you think you can intimidate me with a threat you’re very much mistaken and yes I have taken that as a threat, I won’t and will never put up with that.

I read this forum every day, view the watch back on YT after getting back from the game as I value what the panel say, find it interesting, but the last few days on this site has been different, something has changed, I know I have because of it.

I’m going to leave this now and head for the hills.
Last edited by wobble on Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2753 likes
Total likes: 1782 likes

Post by DublinDave »

War Pony wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:17 pm I think kretinskys net worth, combined with his wife's makes him about 4th richest in the league on about $20 billion. Newcastle's investors combined are about $450 billion the last time I looked.

David Sullivan is worth about $1 billion

* corrected here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_o ... ball_clubs
She's not his wife, just his girlfriend...
He doesn't control her money...
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1196 likes
Total likes: 941 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

wobble wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:18 pm If you think you can intimate me with a threat you’re very much mistaken
I hope you and DL will be very happy together :lover: