Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Re: Gold & Sullivan

Post by Vienna »

I've noticed the GSB out movement getting quiet, when's the next march?.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Vienna wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:03 pm I've noticed the GSB out movement getting quiet, when's the next march?.
Pointless post.. maybe watch this space and join the next march/protest when it does happen would be my advice.

GSB OUT
Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

I'm expecting them to sell up without penalty in late March of 2023. Am I wrong or foolish ? Both perhaps ?
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Spammy The Vee wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:51 pm I'm expecting them to sell up without penalty in late March of 2023. Am I wrong or foolish ? Both perhaps ?
Perhaps. But once the date has passed, there is no compunction for them to sell until they are ready. They already have multi millions and several hundred more millions will not make a huge amount of difference to their lives or lifestyle. Personally, I feel that our progress over the past few years will entice Sullivan to stay on. Gold isn't in the best of health and may choose to sell up. Kretinsky may buy up Gold's shares, but he appears to be a 'hands off' investor and most likely will leave it to Sullivan.
Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

Cheers D !
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:07 pm Perhaps. But once the date has passed, there is no compunction for them to sell until they are ready. They already have multi millions and several hundred more millions will not make a huge amount of difference to their lives or lifestyle. Personally, I feel that our progress over the past few years will entice Sullivan to stay on. Gold isn't in the best of health and may choose to sell up. Kretinsky may buy up Gold's shares, but he appears to be a 'hands off' investor and most likely will leave it to Sullivan.
said it before and I honestly believe it

they ain't going anywhere.

they'll stay on the board, with the kids as well. well Sully will. he'll want to be seen o nthe telly with the new missus. especially when we're in Europe. didn't he even have that bloody stupid Russian thing on with the photos of the double wedding announcement ?
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

I pray every post made in here is one of them selling, these leaches have sold my home (I’m 28) and ground I loved. I enjoy the match day now but it’s not a piss on the Boleyn

These blokes ain’t West Ham they’re frauds ,born 442 Boleyn is a joke
Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by Kermit »

Spammy The Vee wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:51 pm I'm expecting them to sell up without penalty in late March of 2023. Am I wrong or foolish ? Both perhaps ?
You may be mate. But I'm of the same opinion as you are. My worry is that the sort of sleazeballs , Bassini is one who comes to mind, who inhabit Sullivan's business world are unlikely to be the sort of people who I would want to trust to run a multi million pound business.

Remember who he sold Birmingham City to. :lol:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

David Sullivan and his bird are having a double wedding with Kerry Katona and her bloke!
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:19 am David Sullivan and his bird are having a double wedding with Kerry Katona and her bloke!
That’s not a post I expected to read this morning :crylol:
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:07 am said it before and I honestly believe it

they ain't going anywhere.

they'll stay on the board, with the kids as well. well Sully will. he'll want to be seen o nthe telly with the new missus. especially when we're in Europe. didn't he even have that bloody stupid Russian thing on with the photos of the double wedding announcement ?
I think you're right. I think sullivan sees himself as a football mastermind and if West Ham were to achieve some success he will be claiming it as all his own work. If he had no interest in the club (if only) he wouldn't turn up at our games all over the country. He craves the respect he would get which he certainly doesn't have now in the football world
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Vienna wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:03 pm I've noticed the GSB out movement getting quiet, when's the next march?.
We're still here and the season is young :thup:
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

With respect, what would the march be about? Unless we are again dicing with relegation I fear any march would fail to get the numbers and response you desire. If we were in such straits then the first casualty would be Moyes, not the board.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:19 am David Sullivan and his bird are having a double wedding with Kerry Katona and her bloke!
12 mini black forest gateaus for £2 should keep the costs down and the transfer budget up.
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 678 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:11 am 12 mini black forest gateaus for £2 should keep the costs down and the transfer budget up.
That's why Mums go to Iceland
rigoberts song
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Presumably he offered the venue a third of the quoted price?
I expect he researched lots of other venues so he could say he tried.
EastHam56
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by EastHam56 »

How successful do you think sullivan wants the club to be ?
Remember him moaning about it costing 50000 to go up to everton for a midweek cup tie , how much must all of this european travel be costing ?
i see posts saying that certain players are not moyes signings , does sullivan deliberately scupper the deal and the foist players onto moyes ?
Moyes however must carry part of the blame as he is too rigid in his tactics and his refusal to bring on certain players , they are never going to get match fit sitting on the bench .( this last bit should be in the moyes thread )
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

EastHam56 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:55 am
i see posts saying that certain players are not moyes signings , does sullivan deliberately scupper the deal and the foist players onto moyes ?
no
EastHam56
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by EastHam56 »

Crouchy , thank you for the straight answer .

Therefore do we target the wrong player ( level wise / wage demand ) at the outset and should we be a bit more realistic with our targets . Getting players in early and them having a proper pre season to integrate seems to be preferable . Why scramble about at the end of the window ?
Going back to the original question , does the club not want to pay additional wages in the close season .
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Is Sullivan going to the training ground today?