Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Kentish Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Re: Gold & Sullivan

Post by Kentish Hammer »

chigwells finest wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:36 pm having met the man ( albeit briefly ) met and had long chats with his brother, he is quite good company , has a few odd habits, like taking his own cutlery most places he eats at , of course he gets some well deserved roastings on here , but the fact is G/S are just out of their depth financially , in terms of running a premiership football club , not entirely sure if Kretinsky will be any better , but thats yet to be seen .
There is a hell of a lot more wrong with them than being out of their depth financially.
Reg Stretch
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Reg Stretch »

bonzosbeard wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:42 am I would love to go to Ascot and do the morning suit thing. Add that to my bucket list. Thought he looked in fine fettle to be honest.
Cracking day out bonzo if you like horse racing , champagne, and mutton dressed as lamb
Reg Stretch

Post by Reg Stretch »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:21 am Sully at Ascot yesterday with his other half….
I thought it was the monocled bloke off the monopoly box !! 😜
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Fair play to the Man Utd CEO Richard Arnold fronting it with fans in his local pub.

He heard they were planning a protest outside his house so went to the pub and chatted to them.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

^^^^^

And said he would engage with them if there was no recording. So some dumb **** recorded it and put bits on social media - and the other dumb c**** that support that club will now get the hump when he doesn't do it again, not realising it's the fault of the dumb **** that breached his trust for likes.
Reg Stretch

Post by Reg Stretch »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:07 pm Fair play to the Man Utd CEO Richard Arnold fronting it with fans in his local pub.

He heard they were planning a protest outside his house so went to the pub and chatted to them.
Where was that ? The kings head in esher ?
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Reg Stretch wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:18 pm Where was that ? The kings head in esher ?
Don't know. Sorry I didn't post a link but story is easy to find. He'll probably be in a bit of trouble from his superiors but he's not shied away and been honest.

Just let down by idiots as DL mentioned.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:07 pm Fair play to the Man Utd CEO Richard Arnold fronting it with fans in his local pub.

He's only been in the job 5 mins, so hardly going to face the wrath of the red army.

If Ed Woodward had joined fans for some bantz down Yates' I may have been impressed.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:28 pm Don't know. Sorry I didn't post a link but story is easy to find. He'll probably be in a bit of trouble from his superiors but he's not shied away and been honest.

Just let down by idiots as DL mentioned.
Think this was meant as a dig at Man U fans all being from Surrey etc...
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

Our friends c&h are saying that gold and sullivan will not sell next season . Sullivan will still be major stock holder. I think our best bet is not kretinsky buying us. We need someone else to come in and other enough money so they sell.
Kermit
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Post by Kermit »

Tbh I think it's strange that so many people seem to think even if a buyer for the club should suddenly emerge that they will open a massive vault of money and throw it at the manager. The money that is of course, not the vault itself, that would be too heavy.

Interestingly Simon Jordon on Talk Sport yesterday was pulling Jim White's argument, that the Glazers were wrong to take £11 million in dividends when the club was performing so badly, to pieces. SJ explained, very patiently, to the scotsman that dividend payments are made when a company's financial results justify it and that the receipt of such dividends is why people buy shares in companies.

Or of course buy football clubs.
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

Kermit wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:23 am Tbh I think it's strange that so many people seem to think even if a buyer for the club should suddenly emerge that they will open a massive vault of money and throw it at the manager. The money that is of course, not the vault itself, that would be too heavy.

Interestingly Simon Jordon on Talk Sport yesterday was pulling Jim White's argument, that the Glazers were wrong to take £11 million in dividends when the club was performing so badly, to pieces. SJ explained, very patiently, to the scotsman that dividend payments are made when a company's financial results justify it and that the receipt of such dividends is why people buy shares in companies.

Or of course buy football clubs.
Funny thing though is that Dim White has always defended G&S for taking dividend payments out of West Ham.
goa127
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:55 am Funny thing though is that Dim White has always defended G&S for taking dividend payments out of West Ham.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the evil twins have not taken dividends or salaries out of the club in recent years. They have of course taken interest on their loans, which for a few years were at full commercial rate, although that's a while back now. The Baroness has of course been paid extremely well for her 'expertise'
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Just stumbled across this article and wondered what people's thoughts were, with regards to the kind of money we are now generating and the financial position we find ourselves in these days...

https://www.westhamzone.com/exclusives/ ... h-of-200m/

Even before Kretinsky is put in to the mix, surely we should expect our transfer budgets to be very significant when we have little outlay these days and the wages trimmed by a fair amount in recent times.

Should we be demanding upwards of £100m this summer window (bearing in mind we were prepared to drop around £50m in January) or just accept around £60m is to be a general limit?

Personally if Kretinsky involvement hasn't changed and he's still prepared to add to what we can generate anyway, uneducated guess think we should be pushing between £100m-£120m.
Liam
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Liam »

Garry wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:44 am Our friends c&h are saying that gold and sullivan will not sell next season . Sullivan will still be major stock holder. I think our best bet is not kretinsky buying us. We need someone else to come in and other enough money so they sell.
Pretty sure that Sullivan has no control over the matter. Kretinski has a call option on Sullivan's shares doesn't he?
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ A Call Option grants a right, but not an obligation, for a potential buyer to acquire an asset (i.e. shares) from a seller at a specified price or a price to be calculated in accordance with a pre-agreed formula, or by a specified time in the future.

A Put Option grants a right, but not an obligation, for a potential seller to sell an asset (i.e. shares) to a buyer at a pre-agreed price (sometimes referred to as the “strike price”) or at a price to be determined in accordance with a pre-agreed formula, or by a specified time in the future.

https://www.whust.org/news/daniel-ketnsk-has-an-agreement-to-takeover-the-club
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 756 likes
Total likes: 3479 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Colours never run wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 pm Just stumbled across this article and wondered what people's thoughts were...
Wembley1966 (and one or two of his fellow finance heads) were predicting this windfall several months ago. I thin Kieran Maguire may have also when we last had him on KUMB to dissect the annual accounts.

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

That'll be worth a watch but not got a spare hour to watch it.

What is/was people with financial background etc thoughts as to regards what should be available say this summer?
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

goa127 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:05 am Correct me if I'm wrong but the evil twins have not taken dividends or salaries out of the club in recent years. They have of course taken interest on their loans, which for a few years were at full commercial rate, although that's a while back now. The Baroness has of course been paid extremely well for her 'expertise'
Dividends or Interest. Same difference to me.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1363 likes
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:01 pm Dividends or Interest. Same difference to me.
Sunderland mate of mine listened to a podcast on football finances recently, apparently the only directors who have taken more out of a club than GSB are the Glazers at Man Utd, a club operating on another scale and at least they were upfront about the intention to do it. Remember GSB came up with the lie that directors had to charge interest on loans they put into their company, complete nonsense and not even the much despised Mike Ashley did that.
However they do seem a bit quieter of late, bar the recent noise at Brum. As on earlier post the “ put & call” deal with Kretinsky has fixed terms, but both parties have to push the button to make it happen. By all accounts Kretinsky has put circa £160m in already for his 27%, that money repaid GSB loans, reduced wider debt and will partly enable this transfer window splurge we are being promised. Question is if GSB don’t come to the table in March what will he do next, is he happy to be part owner, might others fancy a share of what seems to be a growing success story.
Maybe Sully sees sense in attracting other investors and riding the wave, even if he isn’t the majority shareholder. As long as he keeps Gold onside he still has effective control of a club expected to challenge for a 3rd consecutive season in Europe. He has a manager he supports in as far as he ever will, is this the best he can get in reality ? Far from our ideal, and they’ll never really be trusted but perhaps wisdom is coming in their old age ?