Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

Post by hammerman11 »

Noble is the boards spokesman.

Need the stains that are sullivan and Brady out next !
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:02 pm Noble is the boards spokesman.

Need the stains that are sullivan and Brady out next !
Is he? What’s he said then?
Diogenes
Has liked: 479 likes
Total likes: 1200 likes

Post by Diogenes »

West Ham Matt wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:58 pm Find it sad that someone so West Ham like Noble spoke at the funeral.

Guess everyone has a price.
That's unfair. As I have said above, most successful business peope are not very ruthless people but remember a supporters view is bound to be different from an employees. By all accounts he was very supportive of Noble and a regular at the training ground and indeed post match. I met Gold several times and he was very personable, supportive (in words) of the club. I get your bitterness but life and relationships are much, much more complicated than that.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

To be fair to him, he was the least abhorrent of the three
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

chalks wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:50 pm His ashes should have been thrown in that skip

Being an old man doesn’t stop you from being ****ing vermin. And he was ****ing vermin
I think lots on here share your thoughts Chalks. :newthumb:

Glad you said it though, anyone else may have got a little ban.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:09 pm To be fair to him, he was the least abhorrent of the three
Nope

As culpable and hated as the other two in my book, maybe even more so bearing in mind he was born within spitting distance of the club
WHU77
Has liked: 1 like

Post by WHU77 »

He was just as much to blame ...worse in my eyes.Born to tell lies as many on here have said 1 down 2 to go.Sorry if that offends ..I'm not a hypocrite.For him to be taken back by the family to Green St yesterday buggers belief!! Hope that skip was put there night before.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1193 likes
Total likes: 936 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Ozza wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:23 pm Nope

As culpable and hated as the other two in my book, maybe even more so bearing in mind he was born within spitting distance of the club
Indeed, there's been posts on here in the past from people who have had the displeasure of dealing with him and seen the nasty piece of work behind the genial old fella façade.
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 678 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

West Ham Matt wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:58 pm Find it sad that someone so West Ham like Noble spoke at the funeral.

Guess everyone has a price.
If he didn't want to do it he wouldn't.

That's not Nobes.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

What I have never understood is, if he was such a massive West Ham fan, why didn't he stop Sullivan ripping the arse out of the his boyhood club. ? Alright, fair enough to sell Birmingham down the river, but not the club he claimed to love. Just don't get that and never have
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

Whenever I see some bins and a half filled skip, I shall think of David Gold.....

Wherever that skip goes, it'll always be West Ham....

and other such sentiments.
Kentish Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Post by Kentish Hammer »

Diogenes wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:54 pm The problem here is that most successful business owners are not the nicest of people. I have worked for plenty of top business owners, chairmen, CEO's etc. and those that rise to the top are generally ruthless, totally focused on success and pretty self centered. Although some of those had my respect I wouldn't call them friendly or for that matter trust worthy. The nice one's, and I have know a couple, tend to not last the course and get eaten by the bigger sharks. For this reason I tend not to think of GSB much, because they are par for the course and I manage my expectations accordingly. Whoever we get next is 95% likely to be of a similar ilk (if they are successful). What makes a big difference is how much money they have, which 'can' overcome the downsides. Ours, unfortunately, have never been rich enough to cover their shortcomings.
Exactly my point. He was scum, just like a lot of other rich people. So those lauding him just because he died are pathetic.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 861 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

Kentish Hammer wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:14 pm Exactly my point. He was scum, just like a lot of other rich people. So those lauding him just because he died are pathetic.
Stupid post deleted. Apologies.
Last edited by Alan Pardew's Dad on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:49 pm What I have never understood is, if he was such a massive West Ham fan, why didn't he stop Sullivan ripping the arse out of the his boyhood club. ? Alright, fair enough to sell Birmingham down the river, but not the club he claimed to love. Just don't get that and never have
I never believed he was a West Ham fan. His actions seemed to suggest that he was bitter about us, maybe because he didn't cut the mustard as a youngster. Whatever it was he couldn't wait to rip the heart out of the club and the local community.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

How ****ing apt that a skip is being spoken about ,

When it was allegedly a skip company owner who put a stop on the first organised protest by our fans, and caused a lot of good friends to fall out

Sooner this thread title depicts the fate of all concerned the better in my book
Last edited by sicknote on Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAC08
Has liked: 43 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by MAC08 »

Noble might of hated Gold for all we know. But he might also have been asked by Golds daughters to say a few words. The speech was more for their benefit and grieving than DG.
Kentish Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Post by Kentish Hammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Diogenes
Has liked: 479 likes
Total likes: 1200 likes

Post by Diogenes »

MAC08 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:58 pm Noble might of hated Gold for all we know. But he might also have been asked by Golds daughters to say a few words. The speech was more for their benefit and grieving than DG.
I very much doubt it. As I said before, Noble was an employee, not a general supporter. Furthermore, not all 'supporters' are anti the board. Its easy to think, in the microcosm of KUMB, that everyone shares the same view. But, real life isn't that black and white. Noble will judge by his own personal experiences, like we all do. It doesn't make him good or bad, just human.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

MAC08 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:58 pm Noble might of hated Gold for all we know. But he might also have been asked by Golds daughters to say a few words. The speech was more for their benefit and grieving than DG.
Don't forget we're not run like a circus anymore, and IIRC, Noble took particular umbrage at a fan protesting against the owners that he spoke so fondly about.

Oh yeah, he's back at the club in some mickey mouse role.

Grade A stooge.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

He isn't a stooge. That would imply he is being used
It is much more likely he genuinely likes/respects/regards David Gold, and was saddened by his death

As Diogenes says, Noble's opinsions will be influenced by him being an employee more than a fan