Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Re: Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

Post by Hammer.CA »

Skandi Brudson wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:22 pm Sully probably thinks that Shawaddywaddy are still at number one in the hit parade
I Wonder Why?
SteveHarris'bass
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by SteveHarris'bass »

With the sad death of David Gold's daughter so soon after his own death where does this now leave the Gold's shares in the club and the club it's self ?
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

SteveHarris'bass wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:22 pm With the sad death of David Gold's daughter so soon after his own death where does this now leave the Gold's shares in the club and the club it's self ?
If I am not mistaken, I believe Dan Cunningham is taking care of the Gold’s shares.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Anyone see Karen on the Apprentice last night insisting she be called Baroness Brady as 'only my friends call me Karen'. Proper condescending put down to the poor, nervy woman she was talking to as if she was something she'd just stepped in.

I'm surprised she's got any friends with that attitude. No one you'd want to be friends with if you ask me.

If it'd been me, think I might have come up with a few other choice names for her, maybe a bit of alliteration for Baroness. :swear:
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Sir_Trevor wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:14 pm Anyone see Karen on the Apprentice last night insisting she be called Baroness Brady as 'only my friends call me Karen'. Proper condescending put down to the poor, nervy woman she was talking to as if she was something she'd just stepped in.

I'm surprised she's got any friends with that attitude. No one you'd want to be friends with if you ask me.

If it'd been me, think I might have come up with a few other choice names for her, maybe a bit of alliteration for Baroness. :swear:
I absolutely long for the day somebody says this to me. Not even suggesting I'd be confrontational or aggressive, just that they're name would be said so many times over the next 5 minutes it would cease to sound like a word.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Sir_Trevor wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:14 pmAnyone see Karen on the Apprentice last night insisting she be called Baroness Brady as 'only my friends call me Karen'
I was more offended by that lass who said she was going “to be to boxing what Karen is to football”
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Sir_Trevor wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:14 pm Anyone see Karen on the Apprentice last night insisting she be called Baroness Brady as 'only my friends call me Karen'. Proper condescending put down to the poor, nervy woman she was talking to as if she was something she'd just stepped in.

I dont agree with the unelected having an influence on our politics. What an ugly sounding individual.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:24 pm I absolutely long for the day somebody says this to me.
Me too. Something along the lines of, "my humblest apologies, Baroness - I completely forgot about the detestable, entitled predisposition of Tories-for-hire. Not to suggest that there is NOTHING you wouldn't do for money and status, but those things, rather than decency, compassion and morality are clearly your key drivers. I'm not sure how I allowed such a clear and obvious fact to slip my mind."
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

sussexhammer74
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 236 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

I am glad I didn't otherwise I might have been shopping for a new TV. I detest that woman.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1223 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by last.caress »

Shouldn't need saying, but here we are:

Want to punch up at Brady's questionable performance in her job at West Ham United? Have at it.

Want to critique her dismal, ceaselessly embarrassing column in The Sun "newspaper"? We're here for it.

Want to remark upon her bizarre and inconsistent demand to be called Baroness Brady the other night on The Apprentice? F*** yeah! What was that all about?

But make grotty and potentially actionable insinuations about her personal life? Absolutely not.

Hurl personal and crass insults relating to her physical appearance? No! Obviously not.

Come on, people. We're better than that. Shouldn't need moderating on these points.

Thank-you.

:kumbnew:
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:36 pm This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Can I publicly apologise if I said anything stupid last night. I was quite merry on Guinness for St. Patrick’s and legitimately can’t remember posting anything.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

The whole thing is scripted and designed to be antagonistic. Bit like her column and her speaking engagements, which tend to be one in the same. However outside of that, she is relative normal. The second time I met her I called her Karren and she just smiled. Mate of mine has also done work at her house and she was was very pleasant and even made him a cup of tea.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

There’s an invoice on its way.
MilkyBarKid16
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by MilkyBarKid16 »

The irony of Brady talking down to the Apprentice candidates in the way she did is that they own their own businesses, unlike Brady who never has and just works for someone else.

I would love to know what she does at the club day-to-day. Probably makes Sullivan's tea (although going by the move to Stratford, she still managing to mess it up)
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

00√ wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:33 pm I have 0 faith until we have completely new owners or Kretinsky can buy everyone out.
I've yet to see any evidence that Kretinsky is any better than The late G, S & B.

His behaviour in driving the royal mail dispute has been shocking, where do you have any indication that he will be a better custodian of the club than Sullivan and Brady?

His involvement with Sparta Prague has hardly been a sparking success by their standards
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

Big George wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:36 pm I've yet to see any evidence that Kretinsky is any better than The late G, S & B.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
We will get fooled again.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

I cannot wait for her to be removed from West Ham United.

A stain on the history of our great club, in my humble opinion.