✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by PF. »

He’ll be sitting next to Clinton Morrison on Soccer Saturday in a few years.

I wouldn’t call him thick, not at all. He sees the opportunity to grasp hold of his media career in the twilight of his career. The man clearly has charisma, speaks well enough and encapsulates the zeitgeist.

He is also disrespecting his teammates, his employer, the management team and us; the long-suffering supporter.

In summary, Michail Antonio is a perfect fit in today’s society, and will continued to be loved by the Instagram massive, or whatever is popular today.

Loyalty, self-control and modesty are what I value highly in man, and the good thing that we can decide how his actions make us feel, I’m choosing apathy.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

As they say in the Epic movie Frozen.....Let it go, let it gooo!!!!

Thank you for the memories
:newthumb:
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Carlton would never have let down his team mates like this. So disappointed in him. :(
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

sounds like he is off this window. need to get one in asap as no point keeping antonio if he isnt committed . he has been poor for a long time now.
thanks aqnd goodbye
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Looks like I am on my own on this one!

I might have to broaden my one member Arthur fan club to include Antonio now
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

have loved antonio over the years but he is fading quickly now and starting to embarass himself and the club. not good for team harmony during a relegation fight.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1337 likes
Total likes: 949 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

You have to love these podcasts. " If it happens, it happens...If I go, I go...If I stay I stay..."

:asleep:
Crouchend_Hammer

The podcast isn't a one off he has been doing it weekly with Callum Wilson for a couple of years I think

They usually discuss general football stuff but looking at the episode titles there have been other episodes before this one where they have discussed their own careers and situations

Obviously we don't know for sure but I would assume the content of the podcast has to be approved by West Ham and Newcastle before recording and also before it is released
Last edited by Crouchend_Hammer on Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 467 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Just listened to that podcast, I don't do podcasts so it was a struggle. Wilson comes across a lot better and more humble than Antonio.

Did Antonio really criticise Joelinton for missing easy chances or have I got that wrong ?

Wilson stating you should never get consumed by your own hype ... take note Antonio

Antonio finding it funny he has had a goal drought for over a year...

Then when asked about where they'd be come the end of the transfer window, Wilson saying he's black and white through and through, Antonio saying there is definitely talks going on, not ruling anything out ..

Claiming to be West Hams top goals scorer :chin:

He really does need to move on
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

I just think it’s another sign of an unhappy fragmented dressing room.
The rot seems to have started in the summer and it seems low morale in players and coaching staff.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

miles wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:07 am Carlton would never have let down his team mates like this. So disappointed in him. :(
Worlds apart in character aren’t they

Real shame, it’ll only be when he’s long retired that he’ll realise (if he’s gained some brain cells), that he could have been as loved and respected as the likes of Carlton. Yet he’ll always be remembered as a bit of a knob that was built like an ox and very quick in his prime

He’ll also be remembered for his two last minute crosses against Palace
Crouchend_Hammer

chalks wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:25 am Worlds apart in character aren’t they

Real shame, it’ll only be when he’s long retired that he’ll realise (if he’s gained some brain cells), that he could have been as loved and respected as the likes of Carlton. Yet he’ll always be remembered as a bit of a knob that was built like an ox and very quick in his prime

He’ll also be remembered for his two last minute crosses against Palace
tbf people are different
Maybe Antnio is a much more extrovert character than Carlton (who is my favourite ever West Ham player btw) and gets his kicks from other stuff and isn't bothered or doesn't even think about being loved by West Ham fans - and he gets his buzz in other ways

He clearly loves the media attention and acting the clown - but he wouldn't be the first person to have that personality
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

To be honest, haven't we seen Antonio putting Antonio first most of the times he's had the ball, as well?
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:36 am tbf people are different
Maybe Antnio is a much more extrovert character than Carlton (who is my favourite ever West Ham player btw) and gets his kicks from other stuff and isn't bothered or doesn't even think about being loved by West Ham fans - and he gets his buzz in other ways

He clearly loves the media attention and acting the clown - but he wouldn't be the first person to have that personality
I’ve had the absolute pleasure of being in Carlton’s company on more than one occasion, he is one of the most humble people I’ve ever met. Was more interested in my background than banging on about himself. His Mrs is also just as humble and gorgeous with it

Really shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as the player we signed from Forest, who my young (at the time) son saw on the street. We stopped, asked for a photo. He didn’t even speak, just leant in, smiled briefly and then walked off. ****ing arrogance. We deleted the photo

Carlton, on one occasion, not only had a photo with one of my boys, but made the photo all about my boy, claiming he’d been dying to meet him as he’d heard all about him. He then grabbed a ball and had a ten minute kick about with him, then gave him the ball as a gift

There’s your difference right there
Crouchend_Hammer

chalks wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:45 am I’ve had the absolute pleasure of being in Carlton’s company on more than one occasion, he is one of the most humble people I’ve ever met. Was more interested in my background than banging on about himself. His Mrs is also just as humble and gorgeous with it

Really shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as the player we signed from Forest, who my young (at the time) son saw on the street. We stopped, asked for a photo. He didn’t even speak, just leant in, smiled briefly and then walked off. ****ing arrogance. We deleted the photo

Carlton, on one occasion, not only had a photo with one of my boys, but made the photo all about my boy, claiming he’d been dying to meet him as he’d heard all about him. He then grabbed a ball and had a ten minute kick about with him, then gave him the ball as a gift

There’s your difference right there
I have also met Carlton, and can concur that he is a top top bloke

HOwever, i have learnt it is difficult to judge anyone negatively (whether that be 'normal' people, footballers, musicians) on only one or two meets. A lot can depend on the occasion, how busy they person is, are they in a good mood/bad mood, what else is going on in their lives etc. I have met a couple of ex players who i first thought were unpleasant but when I met again were totally fine

No different to all of us. Some days I can be in a self-confident, friendly, approachable mood, other days I don't fell like speaking to anyone

I have never met Antonio but people I know who have have always spoke highly of him and his family - possobly a bit exuberant for some tastes - but very nice all the same
Pete647580
Has liked: 1203 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:36 am tbf people are different

And we've enjoyed it in the past. When he was taunting a Spurs defender on Twitter ('need to get down the gym mate') and the cardboard cut-out business we laughed along. We can't have it both ways.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I’ll never forget when I went to Craven Cottage on Boxing Day for the ‘Great Escape’ season. The game that finished 0-0 and Konchesky (I think) was harshly sent off. I got to the ground early and saw the first team arrive. Curbs and the majority of the players just rushed straight off the coach and into the ground, ignoring all the fans and the kids asking for a photo and an autograph, except one. That player was Carlton Cole. Bearing in mind this was a player at the time who was pretty much frozen out and not even on the bench some weeks, at time. And he spent a good 10-15 minutes putting some smiles on faces. :newthumb: Top man.

With regards to Antonio, you can sense he’s already thinking a little about his life beyond his playing career. He’s always given me Ian Wright vibes. I can imagine him presenting wacky shows, while also doing some punditry. Do I think he should have been as open as he has been with recent interviews? No. But I equally think some of the things he’s said hasn’t been interpreted in the way Micky perhaps meant. But that’s just my opinion.
Crouchend_Hammer

Comparing anyone to Sir Carlton Cole is unfair, as he is about as a high bar you can set!

Eeveryone has different tastes

Some people liked Carroll because he was a 'lad' who was always out getting pissed in Loughton. However, this ignored the fact it didn't help his fitness and thus was a real hindrance to us - plus, IMHO he was a twat (but that is just my opinion obvs)
Fraser
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by Fraser »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:54 am

HOwever, i have learnt it is difficult to judge anyone negatively (whether that be 'normal' people, footballers, musicians) on only one or two meets. A lot can depend on the occasion, how busy they person is, are they in a good mood/bad mood, what else is going on in their lives etc. I have met a couple of ex players who i first thought were unpleasant but when I met again were totally fine

No different to all of us. Some days I can be in a self-confident, friendly, approachable mood, other days I don't fell like speaking to anyone

I think Antonio has behaved like a right **** of late with all this talking out of turn especially as he's been awful for a year.

But the above I agree with.. It's just a one off incident and nobody knows what mood he was in or if in a rush anywhere.
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Fraser wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:12 am I think Antonio has behaved like a right **** of late with all this talking out of turn especially as he's been awful for a year.

But the above I agree with.. It's just a one off incident and nobody knows what mood he was in or if in a rush anywhere.
Can't be on that much of a rush or caught off guard whilst sitting down to a podcast specifically talking about him leaving.
Seems very deliberate and engineered.

I'd also question, other than fans of the clubs involved- who the f*** wants to listen to footballers talk about their own potential transfer