✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by S-H »

Shabu wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:38 pm Barely heard his name mentioned today.

Did he even touch the ball Headbanger
Cup tied.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Shabu wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:38 pm Barely heard his name mentioned today.

Did he even touch the ball Headbanger
Your deliberate sarcasm is getting irritating. There’s no need to dig out posters for what is quite clearly a valid opinion.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

hammers92 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:40 pm Your deliberate sarcasm is getting irritating. There’s no need to dig out posters for what is quite clearly a valid opinion.
Really?

In a day of dog **** I found Shabbs post mildly amusing
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

Heard rumours about an Antonio / Moyes bust-up after Moyes singled him out for criticism in front of the squad post-Man Utd but didn't do the same to Nathan.

Rice, Bowen, Cresswell and a lot of the other players (mostly British) are close with Antonio so this might point towards some of the malaise.

Just a WhatsApp I've had from a mate who works at the club (in a totally non-footballing capacity) so take those Chinese whispers with a shaker of pink Himalayan salt.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 645 likes
Total likes: 1856 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

RaddyKovac wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:18 pm Heard rumours about an Antonio / Moyes bust-up after Moyes singled him out for criticism in front of the squad post-Man Utd but didn't do the same to Nathan.

Rice, Bowen, Cresswell and a lot of the other players (mostly British) are close with Antonio so this might point towards some of the malaise.

Just a WhatsApp I've had from a mate who works at the club (in a totally non-footballing capacity) so take those Chinese whispers with a shaker of pink Himalayan salt.
If those two things are true then I wouldn't care if any of them have just played their last games for the club. This isn't Chelsea where you just down tools to get the manager sacked when you're bored.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by k-r-c »

RaddyKovac wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:18 pm Heard rumours about an Antonio / Moyes bust-up after Moyes singled him out for criticism in front of the squad post-Man Utd but didn't do the same to Nathan.
But facts are we win if antonio scored the one on one. We then win again if he squares the other chance.

Players get their knickers in a twist cos their mate got called out for failing to what they are paid to is kindergarten stuff.

Then then getting the hump cos new player to a new league makes a mistake after bailing us out the other week is also muggy.

In any case I’m sure this is b*llocks.
RaddyKovac

Post by RaddyKovac »

k-r-c wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:45 pm In any case I’m sure this is b*llocks.
Hope so, mate, and FWIW so does my mate at the club. As I say he's in an admin function, nothing to do with on-pitch stuff.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

The above may not be true, who knows(?), but something did seem off today. The complete contrast from Forest and Man Utd to Brighton was crazy.
RaddyKovac

Post by RaddyKovac »

Looks like these two have form...

https://www.westhamzone.com/news/michai ... vid-moyes/

Plus Antonio is doing more gobbing off than scoring lately.

All that being said he's clearly an effervescent character and will have a lot of mates in the group.

Was it Zaha that contributed to Moyes' downfall at Man Utd?

As I say, they have form.
Mullhull
Has liked: 332 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Not trying to say Antonio is finished. Thank him for his service but he seems to think himself as a podcaster. He's not articulate enough to be an analyst so he has to find something to do when he hangs up his boots.

If he's kicking off we don't know the reason. But he was **** on Wednesday and deserves stick.

Aguerd was too but you can put that down to a bad day at the office.

Antonio's is because he's so unpredictable. Except on 1 v 1s
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Antonio was dropped out of the squad completely for our 1-1 home draw to Palace in Moyes’ first spell for turning up late.

Moyes in 2018: ‘He was close but for disciplinary reasons he was not involved tonight,’ Moyes said. ‘He turned up late this morning for a meeting and it wasn’t the first time.

‘I’m not having it at the club, I’ve said right form the start what it’s going to be like. It’s too often so I didn’t involve him tonight, otherwise I would have probably tried to get him on the bench.

‘He’s apologised for it and because of that we move on. He’ll be back training tomorrow morning. On time!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -late.html

For what it’s worth I just simply think he was missing yesterday due to an injury. Moyes did hint there were some players who had ‘knocks’ in his pre match press conference on Friday. Unless Moyes or an ITK says otherwise, I suspect that was the reason he wasn’t involved.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1658 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Messi, Benzema or Ronaldo weren't scoring for us today..

effin waste of time being a forward for us today..I could have played and had the same impact as Ings.

I'm 74 last October..

:swear:
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1988 likes
Total likes: 4735 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Antonio needs to get over himself then tbh, I personally didn't put the result on him but a lot of people seemed to.

Not that I'd put much stock in your mates WhatsApp (no offense intended.)
RaddyKovac

Post by RaddyKovac »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:45 am Antonio needs to get over himself then tbh, I personally didn't put the result on him but a lot of people seemed to.

Not that I'd put much stock in your mates WhatsApp (no offense intended.)
As I said, take with a pinch of salt. He's obviously not heard it from the horse's mouth either.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I don't think his place leading our attack is under threat
anytime soon
Has liked: 4571 likes
Total likes: 1540 likes

Post by Sticky »

In that past I have read that Antonio has been late multiple times and missed games because of it, read that he went for Noble in the changing room after being called out, crashed his car, dressed as a snowman, and celebrated with a cardboard cut out of himself.

I have watched him take the piss out of other players and coaches, ask for competition for places then get upset about it, and all of his recent shenanigans on his podcasts talking about things recently that shouldn't be spoken about... and agitating for a move... That's me done.

He has been absolutely awful for ages.

Sometimes - when things are taking too much focus they need to be removed from the equation.

If we still had a reserves team, I would be sticking him in there until the end of the season and then binning him so he can go the MLS or whatever.

If other players don't like it ~ don't be a f*cking dickhead then.

There is clearly something going on.

I'm sure we'll hear about it one day.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1988 likes
Total likes: 4735 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:05 pm I don't think his place leading our attack is under threat
anytime soon
Literally dropped for our last two league games :eh:

Sometimes I think you are just on a big wind up.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 313 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Sticky wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:06 pm In that past I have read that Antonio has been late multiple times and missed games because of it, read that he went for Noble in the changing room after being called out, crashed his car, dressed as a snowman, and celebrated with a cardboard cut out of himself.

I have watched him take the piss out of other players and coaches, ask for competition for places then get upset about it, and all of his recent shenanigans on his podcasts talking about things recently that shouldn't be spoken about... and agitating for a move... That's me done.

He has been absolutely awful for ages.

Sometimes - when things are taking too much focus they need to be removed from the equation.

If we still had a reserves team, I would be sticking him in there until the end of the season and then binning him so he can go the MLS or whatever.

If other players don't like it ~ don't be a f*cking dickhead then.

There is clearly something going on.

I'm sure we'll hear about it one day.
He’s a character though isn’t he.

Good old Iron Mic, nothings ever his fault.
Has liked: 4571 likes
Total likes: 1540 likes

Post by Sticky »

Centre Half wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:13 pm He’s a character though isn’t he.

Good old Iron Mic, nothings ever his fault.
I'm sure people much better informed than me know the truth.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:09 pm Literally dropped for our last two league games :eh:

Sometimes I think you are just on a big wind up.
Well, for what effing use Ings was yesterday and has he fallen out with Scammacca,? I don't think it is